What happened to our goal line fade route?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

What happened to our goal line fade route?

In 07, that was one of the surest route for us in the red zone, anyone know what happened to it?

I don't live in NE area so I don't see every pats game. Tho I saw the game against Buffalo, which they didn't use it. I was in the game against the Jets (sigh...) and they didn't use it. Didn't watch the Falcons game.

Does Brady not have the confidence in his arm or in Moss anymore to do that? If I recall it correctly, about 50% of Moss's TD in 07 were goal line fade or similar route where Moss would run toward the corner of the endzone and brady would lob it to him, which requires touch on the ball from Brady and jumpball skill from Moss. Or an out route where Moss cut to the sideline and brady gun it to him. Or a hook route where Moss would stand in front of the defender and Brady gun it to his outside shoulder (Moss's annual highlight is always those one hand grab in the endzone where the ball is thrown to his outside shoulder).

Whatever happened to those plays? Now in the end zone all I see is them trying to throw slain route. I am pretty sure this is our red zone problem. Moss has 0 TD so far this year which is very odd. I am curious if he has been thrown to in the end zone at all.

Just curious cuz those plays are usually unguardable since it takes the double team away from Moss by going toward the corner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Re: What happened to our goal line fade route?

My guess is that, that fade route involved a normal fb/hb formation and play action. Now on the goal line we are in 4 wide shotgun or something equally insane ??? and it's not a 4 wide play. I could be wrong, just a complete guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It left town with Mike Vrabel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We're saving our true offensive might until the playoffs this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Ben Coates isn't here any more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to What happened to our goal line fade route?:
    [QUOTE]In 07, that was one of the surest route for us in the red zone, anyone know what happened to it? I don't live in NE area so I don't see every pats game. Tho I saw the game against Buffalo, which they didn't use it. I was in the game against the Jets (sigh...) and they didn't use it. Didn't watch the Falcons game. Does Brady not have the confidence in his arm or in Moss anymore to do that? If I recall it correctly, about 50% of Moss's TD in 07 were goal line fade or similar route where Moss would run toward the corner of the endzone and brady would lob it to him, which requires touch on the ball from Brady and jumpball skill from Moss. Or an out route where Moss cut to the sideline and brady gun it to him. Or a hook route where Moss would stand in front of the defender and Brady gun it to his outside shoulder (Moss's annual highlight is always those one hand grab in the endzone where the ball is thrown to his outside shoulder). Whatever happened to those plays? Now in the end zone all I see is them trying to throw slain route. I am pretty sure this is our red zone problem. Moss has 0 TD so far this year which is very odd. I am curious if he has been thrown to in the end zone at all. Just curious cuz those plays are usually unguardable since it takes the double team away from Moss by going toward the corner.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

How about we try running the ball when inside the 10?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

That's just crazy enough to work.
    Of course don't run to the left, it does nothing for the Redskins