What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season?

I'm trying to finish off my mid-life crisis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : I didn't know you could post " pissing" and not get the dreaded  P lease change the following word, change it don't disguise it--pissing  hmmm will remember that     
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Gamer...speaking of the Mods clamping down on certain words, a while ago, someone posted to you, asking if you had been "Goodelled" by the Mods... thereby necessitating the change from NEGAME to NEGAME 2. If so, do you know why the Mods deem it necessary to run you?

Enjoy your trip down South! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Been too busy in "feeding the family (see Ty Law's definition)" matters, of late. When things break a bit in May, I'll be devoting more time to far more serious matters than football...such as umpiring baseball games for the neighborhood kids, The Three Stooges, and Professional Wrestling...LOL!!!

Seriously, this labor unrest in the NFL is starting to cause me to lose my appetite for football. The current Commissioner is a pompous, NY political hack...and the  owners and players don't seem to realize just how good they have it.

A word of caution to them...look at how labor strife has damaged the popularity of MLB, and is on the verge of destroying the remnants of the once great NBA. 

Though the Red Sox look so good on paper this season, it's hard for me to get too excited watching mercenaries being paid millions...even when they're doing their thing for the Ole Towne Team. There are just no more guys like Carl Yastrzemski, who was the identity of the Sox for years. Those old Boston teams of the 60s and 70s didn't win regularly. The players on those teams were sometimes our heroes, but most of the time our bums. But they were always ours. Not anymore. Now, ballplayers have become corporations, and  businessmen.    

But, maybe this is a good thing. Maybe it will lead to fans paying closer attention to what's happening with them, and around them. Who knows...it may eventually lead to people trading in their cell phones and ipods for a good book.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? :      Gamer...speaking of the Mods clamping down on certain words, a while ago, someone posted to you, asking if you had been "Goodelled" by the Mods... thereby necessitating the change from NEGAME to NEGAME 2. If so, do you know why the Mods deem it necessary to run you?        Enjoy your trip down South! 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Hey TP good to hear from you. the change was a result of the globe trying to verify my email address as I guess they do from time to time. It was an address I no longer use. I called customer service, They were very helpful, and we decided the best way to correct it was to establish a  NEGAME2 with my new email address. they did drop all my posts when it changed to the current format, but no other problems altho I do get a little mouthy at times.

Always fun  during Daytona Bike week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I hear the steelhead are starting to collect in the harbors of Lake Ontario.  Time to get the fly rod ready . . . the spring runs will be starting soon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : Pleeeease...like I have "a cat"....  I got's a silver-spotted BENGAL cat with a highlighted glitter coat, and silver rosettes.  Pssh, Like you'd even freakin' survive in the face of this: Don't even TRY to plead for your life, I already told her not to spare you Rusty.  AND Even though she's never scratched any person EVER, and when she sees people, she just flops, rolls over on the floor, & looks up while offering you her belly...THIS time, for you and YOU alone, heck-she'll probably tear your face clean off and maybe eat you alive...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Awwwww, he/she's cute. Is this breed known for the disposition you've described for your cat? The reason why I ask is that I've got 2 Maine Coon cats...and they fall under Webster's definition of goofy.  We did have another cat at one time...Piikoi, who was da best mousa in da world. I sure could have used her for the rat hunting. She was one of the meanest cats I knew. She was mean to everyone except my wife. I was literally afraid to pet her....lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : Awwwww, he/she's cute. Is this breed known for the disposition you've described for your cat? The reason why I ask is that I've got 2 Maine Coon cats...and they fall under Webster's definition of goofy.  We did have another cat at one time...Piikoi, who was da best mousa in da world. I sure could have used her for the rat hunting. She was one of the meanest cats I knew. She was mean to everyone except my wife. I was literally afraid to pet her....lol.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

anonymis:

Crazy, totally different breed imo than any and EVERY domestic...  Bengals comes from a Savannah (big $-like upwards of even 25k)...Savannahs (ideally) are 50% Serval (which is an African plains wild cat).  Savannah's get to the size of a mid-sized dog, Servals (the true wild cat)-think almost like a greyhound-not quite as high (close though), but little longer...

It appears, that these new hybrids, like a Savannah and then a Bengal, really MUST have come from totally different breeds of wild native cats than what originally ALL domestics were once bred from long ago... 

Mine lol, acts 1000X more like a dog, than a regular domestic cat...  Comes to her name, greets me at the door, has NEVER ever been sorta capricious in attitude like a domestic (where they love ya 1 sec, and then scratch your face the next no matter what)...  TOTALLY human oriented...just wants to play with you ALWAYS:  Mine knows upwards of a dozen or more words, she plays fetch, she runs after me and either tries to trip me up or just skies in the air and tries to tackle me...  My bengal LOVES to climb, far moreso than any jumping like a cat...  Wants and NEEDS (and I've heard this before many times RE: Bengals/Savannahs)-To be involved in EVERY family/human activity...ALWAYS.  She's nocturnal, HUGE...Meaning=Just before sunrise, I hear balls being batted all over my place, hall area rugs being torn up (oh, she buries tthings under rugs), and even blinds being torn down...she wants to hunt (her balls get plopped on the back of my neck and her toys get brought up to me in bed).  Doesn't like glittering, plastic crazy weird toys like many domestics...I go right to the dog isle, and get like balls, & heavy duty fabric doll-like toys (she carries 'em up to high places then whacks em off...and again, and again).  Oh, she likes water too (just like a serval)...put a few inches of water in the tub, a few toys, and she's all set.  Sleeps right by my head, or purring on my back at night... 
    Can't have any dogs in my condo complex, so I got the most bad-#ss cat I could afford.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : NEGAME2....ummm, ok. Exactly where did I criticize your hobby? Please show me the thread where I said that  The only thing I asked BOTH of you to do was to cool it with your personal remarks to each other. In addition, for this specific thread - show me where I criticized other poster's hobbies - if anything I complemented folks who share common interests. If you misunderstood my posts in this thread, why don't you take a moment to read my posts. I happen to ride too (an Eddie Lawson replica; if that matters any), so we actually share a common interest. I love it and find that it's hard to explain to a "non-rider" what it feels like to ride. FWIW, I hope you enjoy Daytona. I'm hoping to make it to the Blue Ridge near Asheville, NC myself. Peace, sistah....

I had to look up Eddie Lawson. Is your bike green too

If you're headed to the Blue Ridge Mountain range be sure to ride the Skyline Drive. You can pick it up in Virginia, it's about 105 miles long. and endless curves.. I love the Blue Ridge area, you can be on one mountain and actually see the range spread out in front of you. The view is breathtaking and blue! If you can find an April 11 Road Runner magazine it outlines the tour some riders took . It also includes tearout saddle bag maps. This is a great trip for anyone no matter how you choose to travel

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Hey BBR, (don't know if you're coming back here but...), I checked out the Guild GAD-50.  Nice guitar.  A lot like my D25, which they don't make anymore.  Mine has an arched back and great mid-range sound.  I hear good things about those Bajas and they are priced right.  You cannot go wrong with a tele.  Do you ever spend any time over on the forums at TDPRI. (Telecaster Discussion Page Re-issue)?  Its another daily stop for me.

I love all my guitars but my go to axe is the American Deluxe Tele, it can do everything.  I do like the 335 for blues and I use it for recording when differentiation in sound is required to balance off the single coil fenders and the Nighthawk, which is sort of Gibson Fender hybrid.  A very nice guit.

Good to know another player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Anonymis - Keep at it man, it took me years to merely become competent.  Desire is the driver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : I had to look up Eddie Lawson. Is your bike green too If you're headed to the Blue Ridge Mountain range be sure to ride the Skyline Drive. You can pick it up in Virginia, it's about 105 miles long. and endless curves.. I love the Blue Ridge area, you can be on one mountain and actually see the range spread out in front of you. The view is breathtaking and blue! If you can find an April 11 Road Runner magazine it outlines the tour some riders took . It also includes tearout saddle bag maps. This is a great trip for anyone no matter how you choose to travel
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

Yeppers, I've ridden that route a couple of times..some nice twisties up there, baby!!  There were some folks who were testing their limits (knees pads grazing the pavement), but I didn't want to end up being a statistic. And it's bootiful in Ashville.Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Anonymis - Keep at it man, it took me years to merely become competent.  Desire is the driver.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Learning guitar has been therapeutic. I find it challenging and relaxing at the same time. My fingers are on the short side....and I've found some finger placements difficult.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : anonymis : Crazy, totally different breed imo than any and EVERY domestic...  Bengals comes from a Savannah (big $-like upwards of even 25k)...Savannahs (ideally) are 50% Serval (which is an African plains wild cat).  Savannah's get to the size of a mid-sized dogPosted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

How big is it going to get? one of mines weighs 16 lbs, it's dad was a whopping 24 lbs.  The biggest cat I've seen (a domestic short hair) weighed 33 lbs - when she layed on her side her feet didn't touch the ground.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What Hobbies are People Getting Into to Distract During Off-Season? : How big is it going to get? one of mines weighs 16 lbs, it's dad was a whopping 24 lbs.  The biggest cat I've seen (a domestic short hair) weighed 33 lbs - when she layed on her side her feet didn't touch the ground.

My Bengal's just over 20 lbs...and god, she's just all muscle too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Hey Killa we cover popular music from the 70's to present- Bad Company, Outfield, Rick Springfield, Stevie Wonder, Michael Sambelo, Sublime, Paramore, Greenday, Lit, BuckCherry, Rick James, Grand Master Flash and Radio Head >:( (I hate that song Creep!), just to name a few. We also play some originals intermixed throughout the sets. I'm working on learning Higher Ground from the Chili Peppers at the moment (Flea is a monster!). I want to do Knights of Cydonia by Muse and Poker Face by Lady Gaga, i'm gonna run it by the guys at next practice to see what they think.
       As far as what I like to play it's pretty open i've been in a punk band, a hard rock one, a heavy metal one and a goth one as well. This is my first cover project and I am very happy with it.
          I used to look at cover bands as musicians with skill but no talent to write their own music and the ones I saw that played originals supported that view. No longer though, this band has capable writers and we're using the cover aspect as a way to play originals to a larger audience as well as provide quality entertainment. I spent 5 years on the original scene in Philly and got absolutely nowhere with it except for the fact one of the songs I wrote got on the radio and we were able to play a ticketmaster event to 500+ people, although neither event was related.
      Hey Killa I understand your situation but don't let that hold you back. I'm married, work a full time job and a part time job one day on the weekend and I have a 3 year old daughter. It can be a real challenge managing all that plus the band, my daughter being 3 helps, if she was an infant i'm not sure if I could do this. I refuse however, to let playing music be added to the "what could've been" list of things in my life ( I have enough of those already). I may never be famous but there's nothing quite like being up on stage and having people truly enjoy what you're doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Just pull some Radiohead from The Bends album.   More riffs on that one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Well I wish the best for you Killa, you're a cool guy and i've enjoyed many of our conversations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

[QUOTE]Yea my baby has not even come out yet lol 10 more weeks so it wont be easy but I have all the guys I want to start a band with in mind and I have worked with a few of them so I am hoping I can get back to it at some point. Cause your right there is nothing like playing in front of a live crowd and having them dig what your doing. Even if it is a cover band cause i have played in plenty of those as well as a few originals. Good to know it can be done though man
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    If you dont mind some input.... there are some great free computer recording software packages out there for anyone to download.
    I sold my Yamaha Digital Recording Studio because recording direct to the computer makes it so much easier. You can go and get backing tracks to any song downloads or create your own, then when you get with your band mates go over them and add ideas. If you have a lap top you can record the entire session and then re-mix it later on and lay other tracks down as you go.
    Late 1979 and 1980 we use to play at Mr C's Rock Palace in Lowell, we use to do a set of 20 songs mostly covers and 5 of our own mixed in.
    It's tough to find clubs to play at now but never give up.
    Try this link for free software
    http://www.pcmus.com/Free-Software.htm

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

[QUOTE]Just pull some Radiohead from The Bends album.   More riffs on that one.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't mind that however at some point Creep will have to be reinstated if it's rotated out. I have schemed plans that will only work for that song, I just need to grow the gonads to actually act upon them.