What I don't want @17

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

What I don't want @17

As a different take on draft talk, here's what I don't want @17:

1) Any Offensive Lineman: after watching much Youtube et al, I don't see anyone worthy.

2) Akeem Ayers: too stiff.

3) Mark Ingram: appears injury prone, too easily taken off the field. How much better is he that the Law Firm?

Am I off base here?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: What I don't want @17

Nope you are spot on

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Your off base on the O-linemen, I don't think that Mark ingram is a first round selection so not to worry,as far as Akeem Ayers i haven't watched him play at all. Both Solder and Constanza are solid first round picks but probably can be had at a later spot like 23 or so... Of course there will be detractors at the mention of any potential draft choice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to What I don't want @17:
    [QUOTE]As a different take on draft talk, here's what I don't want @17: 1) Any Offensive Lineman: after watching much Youtube et al, I don't see anyone worthy. 2) Akeem Ayers: too stiff. 3) Mark Ingram: appears injury prone, too easily taken off the field. How much better is he that the Law Firm? Am I off base here?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are off base at all esp with the OL. There isn't a single OL man I would take higher then 25 in the draft. It's actually a fairly deep area in this draft but no one that screams as a top 15 so someone might reach a bit but there is plenty of depth to get a good OL man in the 2nd and 3rd range.

Ingram is interesting but not to the point where I'd want to spend high on him. If he falls to the 25 range I wouldn't mind trading up but not spending a 17 on him. Esp with some good talent on the DL and OLB that might be available there.

Ayers has to tools to be a good to great rusher but I have him as a late 1st early 2nd prospect right now.

The one thing I'm not scared of is BB buying into hypes or over reaching for a player that might not pan out. If BB reaches then we've seen what happens with McCourty, Vollmer, Mankins, and Mayo. He tends to hit on more reaches then he misses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

at 17, i agree with you on all three.

this is a weird draft class. i like fairley but he's no going to get past #5. beyond the top 10 talent, i don't see anyone i like in the teens.

the only player i might consider for #17 is watt, because he has potential to be worth it there, but i think even that would be a reach. i see him more as a late rounder in a normal draft class.

i really want the pats to trade the oak pick down and the trade the nwe pick for a 2012  1st rounder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In Response to What I don't want @17:
    [QUOTE]As a different take on draft talk, here's what I don't want @17: 1) Any Offensive Lineman: after watching much Youtube et al, I don't see anyone worthy. 2) Akeem Ayers: too stiff. 3) Mark Ingram: appears injury prone, too easily taken off the field. How much better is he that the Law Firm? Am I off base here?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]
    I'd have to agree. My hope is that the top pick is used on a DE - someone like JJ Watt would be perfect. I've heard Cameron Jordan's name thrown around quite a bit, but I personally haven't seen a lot of tape on him (not an indictment on him), so I can'treally make a call on him one way or the other yet. Jordan does have experience in a 3-4 scheme, however, and you have to think Belichick will at least look at someone with Jordan's talent and familiarity with a scheme similar to what Belichick runs.

However, I do think the OL is definately a need after DE - especially if Mankins or Light aren't back next year (though I think the former of the two is more likely to leave). I'd like to see our top 3 picks shake out like this:

1 (17) - JJ Watt - DE (6'6" 292) Already one of the best pass-rushing DE's in this draft, has the frame to add a bit more weight (Belichick's ideal wieght for a DE is about 300 lbs). He has serious elite potential.

1 (32) - Best available OL (position depends upon who leaves or stays [i.e. if Mankins goes it would make sense for a guard here]).

2 (33) - Justin Houston - OLB - (6'3" 260) - Great pass rusher from the edge, ideal size for the 3-4, and has some experience dropping back into coverage, which is invaluable in Belichick's scheme.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yellowsubmarine. Show yellowsubmarine's posts

i bet they trade back again. i really like constanza if they do. watching the kraft fight hunger bowl he was an absolute man. he took care of the left side of that passrush like it was nothing. a lone bright spot in BC's offensive play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Overall I do agree.  However, OL specifically LOT is always over drafted and will again be this year.  Did we get lucky with Sea Bass?  Sure.  Will we again?  We can only hope so.  Either way, I trust BB and our scouting department.