what is everyones favorite pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

what is everyones favorite pick?

im curious to see which pick you guys are most fond of and why.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

Re: what is everyones favorite pick?

I like alot of them, mccourty, spkies, and taylor price i would say.... wish we would have went late RB and DE selvie tho

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

There are so many good picks in this draft when you look at where the players were picked but there are two that stand out to me as equally my favorite picks but another that could be the most important long term for the success for the team...
    My Two favorite picks are Zoltan who will immediately erase those bad feelings we all had when it was time to bring the punter in, and the other, Hernandez a TE that has the potential to be a Ben Coates type TE receiver... to get him where they did is a Huge Steal!

Now the Player who I think will have the largest long term impact on the Patriots is McCourty. I watched 3 of his games one in person this year and I remember him as a tough... well I would call him shut down corner. I think that he is the number one CB by 2011 definately no worse then #2 and with Bodden in there still that bodes well for the next few years. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Spikes....  Not just because of Spikes who is a beast and leader on the field but because seeing him and Mayo together in back of VW good luck to running up the middle on us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

picks in rounds 1-6 were all really solid this year...

• McCOURTY (see DaBlade's comments ^)
    • GRONKOWSKI (very capable receiving threat and willing blocker great all around day one starter)
    • CUNNINGHAM (way underrated and could be a great OLB for us once BB gets his hands on him)
    • SPIKES (tough, physical, vocal, nasty presence that has been missing since rodney has gone. day one starter)
    • PRICE (another underrated guy who wasnt all that productive in college because his qb sucked. my girlfriend is a huge ohio university fan so i've seen a lot of this kid... starter by 2011)
    • HERNANDEZ (what can you say about this guy? great value for where the pats got him. will be an excellent TE/FB/H-Back hybrid and has an immediate impact)
    • MESKO (best punter in this years class. immediately improves the field position battle. future fan favorite.)
    • LARSEN (same size as koppen and comes from the same tutelage, tom obrien. could be the starting C one day. still new to the position and lots of upside for Scarnecchia to work with)
    of all of these guys my favorite is either Gronkowski or Spikes.  both big physical tough guys who will be immediate impact players and help define another championship team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I liked almost all of the picks so I had no favorite,I instead liked two of the UDFA's they signed: Bryan Anderson and Dane Fletcher,Anderson is a 6'5" All MEAC WR  he caught passes in 54 consecutive games! He could be the guy who eventually replaces Moss, Dane Fletcher reminds me of Teddy Bruschi he played the DE in College but his size will prevent him from doing so in the NFL,however he is a penetrating force who could easily be good enough one day soon too replace Adalius Thomas, his future is tied to his learning curve......The three guys who are purely projects are Welch,Weston and Larsen they could be this years Practice squad candidates. Zac Robinson is a live arm and he could beat out one of the clipboard holders that they have in camp from last year Hoyer or Powe,he's the guy who threw all those passes to both Pettigrew and Dez Bryant in 08. Now I'll get back to your original question of which draft choice I liked the most as I decided Rob Gronkowski and his family,for doing a throwdown dance in the middle of all those obnoxious NY fans while taking turns donning the Patriots helmet was priceless!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

I got the biggest kick out of watching TE Rob Gronkowski (on the NFL network) get  picked. He was so excited ! He comes up tp the poteum with a Pats hat on his head and a Pats helmet under his arm, gives the Commish a big hug a says "this is the proudest moment of my life!" Made me real proud to be a Pats fan . Ten minutes later they showed him in the holding area in the back with his family, playing with his new helmet on his head against a brother or cousin. Was so great to see him so pumped up. He's going to be a big favorite for me! It's called picking a team right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

And I fogot to mention that Grokowski strolling up to the poteum reminded me of Russ Francis, with that tall rugged build. This guy is going to make some unbelievable catches and destroy linebackers and defensive ends on his blocks.  And I checked, Bleacher Report states his back checks out A.O.K.according to multiple physicians! Excellent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

I have never seen price play......From what i am hearing i need to.

I kept hearing Spikes ran a 5 flat 40....over & over again. I kept thinking if Bruschi was timed in the 40 IDK he'd be much better. Spikes has a nose for the ball like Tedy......Maybe he'll be the 2k10 Tedy?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

1. Spikes. Ravens game nevermore. Spikes behind Wilfork sounds good to me.
    2. Gronk/Hernandez combo. Come here, Mr. (Ben) Watson. Learn how to catch the ball from these 2 rooks.
    3. McCourtey (sp). Smart player. Academic All-Big East. 2nd fastest corner at the combine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

How can you not love a guy named Zoltan?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: what is everyones favorite pick?:
    Spikes....  Not just because of Spikes who is a beast and leader on the field but because seeing him and Mayo together in back of VW good luck to running up the middle on us.
    Posted by RealtyPats

I'll second this notion.  Spikes was the next best thing to Rolando McClain, and for much cheaper.  His film tells the story, as do his multiple interception returns for touchdowns.  He's a playmaker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

actually I was really excited about all the picks. Im a big college football fan and watch every game I can.  I especially like watching the Gators and since Im a Wolverine fan I always watch them even though they havent played well in 2 years.  Mesko was the one bright spot on the Wolverines the last couple years and his punts were awesome.  Spikes is a beast and Hernandez has made some very impressive catches.  I can't wait for the season to begin!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aluvium. Show aluvium's posts

I like most the picks. After watching film on McCourty I really like him. Like Spikes intensity and Gronkowski/Hernandez should be good but probably the one I am most interested to see play is Taylor Price. He seems like he could be a diamond in the rough, hopefully he can be good.

I just really like this draft class haha

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I happen to think this will be among BB's better drafts.  Needs addressed with some really interesting players.  The Cunningham and Spikes will be an immediate upgrade to the D and Gronkowski and Hernandez will do the same for the O.

If I had to single out one pick of the lot it's Spikes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

The Gator picks of Spikes and Hernandez are the only ones I see a solid draft picks.  Spikes might be a steal and Hernandez was excellent value for where he was drafted.  Gronkowski was interesting, until I learned that he didn't play last season because of back injury, sounds like another injury prone player.  Devon M. was a retarded pick, and the rest is just wait and see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

The Gator picks of Spikes and Hernandez are the only ones I see a solid draft picks.  Spikes might be a steal and Hernandez was excellent value for where he was drafted.  Gronkowski was interesting, until I learned that he didn't play last season because of back injury, sounds like another injury prone player.  Devon M. was a retarded pick, and the rest is just wait and see.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Here will go

Gronkowski was interesting, until I learned that he didn't play last season because of back injury, sounds like another injury prone player. 

Come on Leon .... You can't be seriuos about not knowing who Gronkowski was before the Pats drafted him ? I guess your a ESPN Mel Kiper groupie  !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

There are so many good picks in this draft when you look at where the players were picked but there are two that stand out to me as equally my favorite picks but another that could be the most important long term for the success for the team... My Two favorite picks are Zoltan who will immediately erase those bad feelings we all had when it was time to bring the punter in, and the other, Hernandez a TE that has the potential to be a Ben Coates type TE receiver... to get him where they did is a Huge Steal! ......Posted by DaBlade

I think Hernandez will do well cathcing the ball, but big Ben could drag players down teh field with hime. Henandez is not that big - yet!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Gronkowski. I just hope they don't send out Gostkowski to catch passes. Or Gronkowski to kick off! This is a major potential problem.

#1: 6'6", 265 lbs.

#2: Slid because of back surgery, would have been a first rounder otherwise.

#3: All you had to do was watch the draft to see this kid eats, sleeps, drinks, breathes, bleeds and lives football 24/7.

#4: I've never seen a player be so downright EFFUSIVE (look it up) when asked about his thoughts on joining a team. He repeatedly used the word love when referring to the coaches, team, owner. I get the feeling that not only is he THRILLED to be in the NFL, he is genuinely excited to be a part of THIS team.

I can't wait to see this kid on the field. He's huge, a good receiving TE...I know a lot of people are liking Hernandez, and he may be good too (heck, bookend TEs! Yeah baby!) but this kid looks to have the makings of a stud.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Zoltan Mesko!  =)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would have 3 tied.
    Zoltan, cause, well that name rocks and I think we needed a punter that can kick it more than 20 yrds
    Gronk, because anyone so happy to just play football, the kind of guy u would have over to a BBQ or grab a beer with, will be a great player for years to come, a positive influence on the locker room.  That type of stuff is electric.

Spike, just love him as a player.  His film is awesome.  yeah slow 40, but he doesnt play that way on film.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Dez Bryant to the Pats.  Oh my bad the Cowboys.  The next Randy Moss and we passed him by.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

1. Spikes . Ravens game nevermore. Spikes behind Wilfork sounds good to me. 2. Gronk/Hernandez combo . Come here, Mr. (Ben) Watson. Learn how to catch the ball from these 2 rooks. 3. McCourtey (sp) . Smart player. Academic All-Big East. 2nd fastest corner at the combine.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

2nd fastest? who beat him? McCourty ran a 4.35,
    1. Devin McCourty
    2. Robert Gronkowski
    3. Brandon Spikes
    all future star playmakers, we will have a rookie win rookie of the year (defense or offence, maybe both :D)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Spikes, followed closely by Zoltan. 2 Guys that should have an impact this year.