what is everyones favorite pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Re: what is everyones favorite pick?

Zoltan! Guy is jacked, Bill should try him out at LB

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

Spikes and Hernandez...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

1. Gronkowski
    2. Spikes
    3. Zoltan
    4. McCourty
    5. Price

I also have high expectations for Deaderick. I hope Cunningham works well in the system, but as of now he isn't in my top five.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: what is everyones favorite pick?:
    Dez Bryant to the Pats.  Oh my bad the Cowboys.  The next Randy Moss and we passed him by.
    Posted by Patsman2
    Bryan Anderson next Randy Moss! Didn't need to draft the guy who was expelled from school,just waited until the rest of the league missed their chance too draft this guy who is 6'5" 220 and caught 68 passes for 896 yards! You like apples try these apples!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenianBlood. Show FenianBlood's posts

SPIKES for Sure !! MAYO and SPIKES will be a Dominant Duo !! They Both will feed off each others intensity and take over the leadership with Wilfork on the Defensive End! By Seasons end this will be the Best Young ILB's in the NFL !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

1/2/3. Spikes, Cunningham, Hernandez
    4. McCourty
    5. Price
    6. Gronk

Haha well Im the worlds biggest gator fan so this is my favorite draft ever. But I would say Hernandez will have the biggest impact this year and people are really under estimating his blocking, he didn't block much in the Florida spread but when he had too in was consitant solid blocking. I know he weighs about 15 punds less than Gronk but he and did run a 4.5 40 and did 30 reps at Florida pro day. Gronk only did 23 at the combine. I know that most of blocking is technique but hey I'm just glad we have both of these guys because in Grinks interviews he look like a beast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Favorite one was the first one, love McCourty. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Dez Bryant to the Pats.  Oh my bad the Cowboys.  The next Randy Moss and we passed him by.
    Posted by Patsman2

Next Randy Moss!!! Exactly my thoughts... learning from Roy Williams and Miles Austin will be exactly like learning the game from Cris Carter... Dez is already a probowler and hall of famer right???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: what is everyones favorite pick? : Next Randy Moss!!! Exactly my thoughts... learning from Roy Williams and Miles Austin will be exactly like learning the game from Cris Carter... Dez is already a probowler and hall of famer right???
    Posted by rebels1520

Oh wait everyone can rave about the Pats draft picks but you cant say anything about someone elses?  And whats your beef with Miles Austin? 

Lets revisit this topic at the end of the season see whats what.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

1. Spikes . Ravens game nevermore. Spikes behind Wilfork sounds good to me. 2. Gronk/Hernandez combo . Come here, Mr. (Ben) Watson. Learn how to catch the ball from these 2 rooks. 3. McCourtey (sp) . Smart player. Academic All-Big East. 2nd fastest corner at the combine.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007
    Ravens/nevermore, that's a good one.
    I think the Pats did a great job with their picks. There were a lot of players and or positions that I had hoped they would draft that they didn't, but I think they got some really good players at some great points in the draft. Really looking forward to this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

I was a little upset with the draft, but as days sink in... it was an a ok day I dont mind it now... just a little upset  we passed up on a few guys...

I still think we have some holes to fill but I am actually loooking forward to these two guys...

1. PRice WR

and

2. undrafted rookie we signed  Pat Paschall who should instantly replace maroney... watch out for him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbufca7znJ4

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Gronk is a Beast, He will make himself into an All Pro. Hernandez is a Great Pass Catching TE. Everyone in Mass will love Gronk, wanted to be a Patriot. Saw him play several times Live and on TV. Deceptive speed for a big Man down the Middle, great hands, uses body perfectly to fend off Defenders.Big in the Red Zone. Spikes and McCourty also good pick ups

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Brandon Spikes! I could care less about his 40 time. Look at all the film and see just how fast he gets to the ball. Great instincts and a great leader. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

My favorite pick is Hernandez. He has the speed, size and pass catching ability you want in prototypical pass catching TE. 
    From a pure pass catching TE perspective, he was the best in the draft. 

If, big IF here....iF we can get creative on offense, Hernandez can play many roles. Line up as TE on line, line up as hback behind/to side of Brady, possibly even carry the ball as a full-back, or play slot WR (they guy has 4.57 speed). He if used correctly could be our version of KC's McCluster....(I threw that one in there because a lot of folks wanted us to take McCluster...me too...)...

Anyway, Hernandez has big potential as long as we get a creative offensive mind to harness it....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Hernandez will be someone we will be talking about. Steal for the Pats.

Love this draft

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Gronk, Zoltan and the Gatriots

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Spikes. As a big SEC fan I can't say enough about this kid. I think in several seasons people are going to look at that as the ultimate steal. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I'm just utterly pumped by the Spikes pick.  He's a leader who crushed people in the SEC, and his gamespeed (not 40 speed) is something you can't coach.  He's a steal.  Don't get me wrong--I already have a man-crush on Gronk, I think Hernanez in the 4th round was a fleecing, but when I think about Spikes and Mayo hitting.everything.that.moves, well, I get excited.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

So all in all, everyone of the regulars agree pretty much... Gronk,Hernandez,Mesko and Spikes are getting their approvals. While the other draftees and UDFA's are slipping in under the radar. After watching film on Anderson,Fletcher and Pashall I would think that all three of these guys will wind up on the team. Anderson is the big bodied WR,Pashall is a smart RB who stays behind his blockers and finds the whole and hits the hole with a burst no dancing involved. Fletcher is the closest type player to another Bruschi that I've seen on film in quite awhile! This is an excellent group of players and 5 of them were team leaders and Captains of their respective teams,I find it hard to differentiate between one rookie and another because we are talking about talent and in the cases of all of these young men we are hoping that they won't be overwhelmed but the speed and size of their new competitiion. BB did a good job,lets hope all the other coaches can coach these guys up in a jiffy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Gronkowski because I think he single handedly will increase our red zone efficiency.  Second would be Zoltan, simply because he is a crazy huge punter!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I liked every single pick up to Zoltan after doing the research afterward.  I think whe you combine this years draft with the players from last year that are coming around and will see more play time this year, this is going to be a very different looking, and very dangerous team this year.  Very much looking forward to the beginning of the season.

If I had to pick one player though I would have to say Hernandez.  Picking him up in the 4th probably even made BB laugh out loud.  Huge steal there and I hope to see him work on his blocking as I think he could be the guy that picks up where Kevin Faulk will eventually leave off.