What is the Pats first real season Test?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

What is the Pats first real season Test?

What team will give the Pats the first test of the Regular Season and Why?

Thoughts 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: What is the Pats first real season Test?

Miami's defensive line is supposed to be fierce.  They have Brandon Marshall.  With the exception of QB they may have a well built team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Cameron Wake has been known to give Sebastian Vollmer fits.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Every team is tough on any given Sunday. Remember the Browns game. Pats should be favorites, but every game must be played out to its fullest. Truely great coaching job getting a team to compete to its fullest entire season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Miami because it's the first game and they're an NFL team. As Pats fans we're spoiled, especially after 2007's record-breaking year. None of these games are really that easy, which goes to show the true mastery of Belichick and Brady.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I say it starts with Miami on the road....tough interdivisional game among heated rivals.....1st game of the year....I take no team for granted.....Pats better come to win on every game day or they will be in for a loooooooooooong season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Cameron Wake drinks Vollmer's milkshake. He drinks it all up. 

But not Miami, not with Henne playing QB. I say week 2 against the number 1 offense and number 1 defense San Diego Chargers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Also, it'll be pretty hot in Miami for a September game. Historically, we've struggled down there when it's that warm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

I'll say for them not to score over 40 every game  :)   Miami really come on guys  lol :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Miami in Miami...Echo...Echo...Echo.

One thing we have going for us is we seem to be a little better prepared than the Dolphins early on to go along with more talent. In the words of Don Criqui. "This will be a battle of Nutrition but I think Tim Brody will be up to the Challenge".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

If I'm going to answer the question in your title;

I'd say making the correct roster cuts. They're so stacked with talent right now, it's imperative that they perform all the checks and balances with evaluating these guys so they make the right choices when the time comes.

If I'm going to answer the question in your post;

I'd say San Diego.....you guys are funny. It's one thing for the team to answer questions conservatively to avoid bulletin board fodder but we don't have to.
    Miami's going to be better than last year no doubt, but they aren't going to give this team problems. This defense is going to be all over Henne.

The game will be over by halftime and we still won't show the Bolrts everything this defense is capable of.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test?:
    [QUOTE]Cameron Wake has been known to give Sebastian Vollmer fits.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Line Gronkowsi up next to Vollmer the first 8 plays of the game, run right at him and pound the snot out of him repeatedly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Every game will be a test.  They are putting in a completely new defense.  Tradition says the defense starts slow and gets stronger throughout the season.  I think this year they are going to have a test every week.  After they play a couple of games, teams are going to try to figure out the new defense and how to beat it.  The team that does is going to win.  I figure that should be around week 4 or 5.  Then BB will change his defense and start to win again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

da supah boll foo'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

Is NE a better team than Miami?  Sure.  Could Miami whip us in their house if we don't show up with our A game?  Sure.

Miami, on the road, with a defense that could get to TB, is our first big test.

I bet we hang a 40 burger on them, but MVP is right--any given Sunday any team an win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with most everyone here. Miami presents the first test, as it is the start to the regular season and a test to see how well we can prepare and play. Nothing at this pointn counts except for Miami. Remember the Pats mantra.."one practice at a time, one game at a time..."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to What is the Pats first real season Test?:
    [QUOTE]What team will give the Pats the first test of the Regular Season and Why? Thoughts 
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

September 12th at Miami. The Dolphins are almost always tough at home, in the heat. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

reggie bush looked pretty good the other day

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Indianapolis   Feb 5th  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Indianapolis   Feb 5th  :)
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

LOL...against whom...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is the Pats first real season Test? : Line Gronkowsi up next to Vollmer the first 8 plays of the game, run right at him and pound the snot out of him repeatedly.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

LOL...yup, too bad we don't have Crump to do that, too!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]Cameron Wake drinks Vollmer's milkshake. He drinks it all up.  But not Miami, not with Henne playing QB. I say week 2 against the number 1 offense and number 1 defense San Diego Chargers. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Great post.  Great movie. +1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Actually, the 1st real test will be the game day hgh test.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I am surprised at the number of posters that said Miami.  I thought I would be truely alone on this.  For sure Miami.  It sets the tone for the season.  On the road against an old rival.  The only thing that would be better is if it were the Jets the Pats faced first.