What is up with Waters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

What is up with Waters?

Waters was a very important piece of that line last year and could, would and should be this year.  Is it more money, retirement thoughts, injury or just plain and simply doesn't want to go through another preseason and will show just before the start of the regular season?

With Solder, Mankins, Connoly, Waters and Vollmer this line is solid but right now they have issues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: What is up with Waters?

Resting his old body and doesn't want to goto training camp.....  kinda obvious to me.  He'll be there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It's pretty much a given that he had no desire to practice all off season. He's going too play so long as he can pass a BB required physical and training test.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not unheard of for someone with his experience and ability to be given a pass on camp, particularly given the kind of shape the guy keeps himself in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yeah, there is plenty of precedent in the NFL for eastablished players getting up there in age to basically say "excuse me from camp or I retire."  On the one hand a coach could say that nobody deserves special treatment and refuse to do it.  On the other hand a coach is usually smart enough to agree.  Rest assured, mediocre players can't get away with this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The man doesn't like camp, did fine without camp last year I'd say.

I'd be concerned if there was rumbling coming from Foxboro but the fact that we've heard less then nothing from anyone at Foxboro basically tells me they were expecting this and accept it. Most likely a condition so he won't retire

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Not liking camp... would that means he wont even be around for the preseason games? Put him in shorts on the sideline then. Like they say.. every year is a different year. New plays, new snap counts a lot of things changed up from the year before. There will come a time that he'll need to be here. When is that time?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

In Response to What is up with Waters?:
    [QUOTE]Waters was a very important piece of that line last year and could, would and should be this year.  Is it more money, retirement thoughts, injury or just plain and simply doesn't want to go through another preseason and will show just before the start of the regular season? With Solder, Mankins, Connoly, Waters and Vollmer this line is solid but right now they have issues.
    Posted by red2004sox[/QUOTE]
    =================================================

I wonder if its contract related as CBS Sportline inferred in the post below.

Camp Rumblings: Nick Caserio, director of player personnel, said there was no update with guard Brian Waters, who has not reported, and injured linebacker/defensive end Andre Carter.

Both veterans shined for the Pats last season. Waters' absence could be contract-related, in the second year of a team-friendly deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/19677602/bradys-enthusiasm-new-weapons-familiar-oc-bad-news-for-rest-of-nfl