What is wrong with BB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: What is wrong with BB?

Besides I don't want to be the only geyser on the board.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB?:
    [QUOTE]Look, Babe, you and I see things very differently but I think you bring something to table when you post and your passion for the Patriots is beyond question.  This thread is a good example - it provokes discussion. So as a matter of fact I am glad to see you back.  And if I didn't think you were 'tolerable' I wouldn't post on a thread you started.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate it. You're tolerable too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to What is wrong with BB?:
    [QUOTE]He is the best coach in the game. If you disagree please say so. Others say (NOT ME)..... He can't see we need to run the ball more. He can't see we need to use the shotgun/spread less. Or maybe he just can't control his employees? He has agreed to make Brady the highest paid player in the game, but some tell us he is the big problem with his poor performances. We have several resident experts who see this so clearly. Then what is wrong with the best coach in the game that he doesn't see these things? Maybe Rusty and Co. can tell us. I want answers.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Opinions.  Everyone has them, is entitled to, and seem to keep and hold them without tangible support of reality.  I like BB the best of any coach know of.  That is past AND present.  He is great.  Name ONE three-peat coach in the NFL and I will immediately elevate his above BB.  NONE.  We had been to the SB twice pre-BB with bad result both times, now 5 times with him, with 3 wins.  

THATS PRETTY GOOD.  

That is NOT Tom Brady.  Brady is better than Bledsoe, but NOT God.  He has his troubles.  Great, but not perfect.  

You can't make people see that if they don't already.  Only thing that will make them see it is if BB leaves, and Brady stays, to see what will happen.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What is wrong with BB? : Opinions.  Everyone has them, is entitled to, and seem to keep and hold them without tangible support of reality.  I like BB the best of any coach know of.  That is past AND present.  He is great.  Name ONE three-peat coach in the NFL and I will immediately elevate his above BB.  NONE.  We had been to the SB twice pre-BB with bad result both times, now 5 times with him, with 3 wins.   THATS PRETTY GOOD.   That is NOT Tom Brady.  Brady is better than Bledsoe, but NOT God.  He has his troubles.  Great, but not perfect.   You can't make people see that if they don't already.  Only thing that will make them see it is if BB leaves, and Brady stays, to see what will happen.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Correct, Brady is not God. As they say, he's God's nephew.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Hey Babe,
    Glad you are back.
    There's one thing that has to be clarified as to BB being a good or great GM.
    Pioli was considered the GM up to 2009, not BB.
    They shared responsibility, mainly BB took care of the contract part but Pioli was in charge of recruiting personnel with draft, FA, trades, ect.  BB did have the last word but it was Pioli who brought certain players into the mix.

When Belichick accepted the Patriots' head coaching position in 2000, Pioli accepted the GM job and the two eventually became the first personnel director/head coach tandem in league annals to win three Super Bowls during a four-year span (2001–2004).[1] He and Belichick split the duties usually held by a general manager on most other NFL teams, though Belichick had the final say.[3]

Pioli’s skills as a talent evaluator helped create a consistent championship contender in New England.[1] He was regularly recognized for his ability to build a team, not simply collecting individual talent,[1] helping to make the Patriots a "model franchise."[1] From 2000–2008, the Patriots had an NFL-best record of 102-42 (.708) and registered 14 playoff victories.[1] Pioli worked in close coordination with Belichick, bringing players to the Patriots who fit into the framework of the club’s team concept.[1] Pioli and Belichick's teams were noted for the depth of talent at all the positions[1] and used an effective combination of draft picks, free-agent signings, and trades to continually upgrade their roster.[1] The most-notable selection in an NFL Draft by Pioli and Belichick was quarterback Tom Brady, who was chosen 199th overall in the 2000 NFL Draft.[1]

In his tenure with the Patriots, Pioli earned promotions from Assistant Director of Player Personnel to Director of Player Personnel in 2001, and to Vice President of Player Personnel in 2002. Also, Pioli earned a contract extension in 2005 after being pursued by several NFL teams to become general manager.

In 2007, the Patriots finished their regular season with a 16-0 record, a first in NFL history. The team advanced to Super Bowl XLII but lost to the New York Giants 17-14 and failed to finish the season with a perfect 19-0 record. Prior to the season, Pioli executed trades to acquire wide receivers Wes Welker and Randy Moss, both of whom helped the Patriots set multiple NFL records on offense.[1]

Caserio is now considered the de facto GM.

Belichick brought to Boston Bill Parcell’s son-in-law and a former colleague from Cleveland, Scott Pioli. Pioli had been a Pro Personnel Assistant and later gone on to develop through the ranks under Parcells with the New York Jets. He joined Belichick as Assistant Player Personnel Director and was elevated to Director of Player Personnel, then later Vice President. There’s no General Manager title in the “Patriot Way” of doing business. But those that understand how Personnel works in the NFL know that Pioli was de facto GM. (Nick Caserio now holds this title).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]He is the best coach in the game. If you disagree please say so. Others say (NOT ME)..... He can't see we need to run the ball more. He can't see we need to use the shotgun/spread less. Or maybe he just can't control his employees? He has agreed to make Brady the highest paid player in the game, but some tell us he is the big problem with his poor performances. We have several resident experts who see this so clearly. Then what is wrong with the best coach in the game that he doesn't see these things? Maybe Rusty and Co. can tell us. I want answers.

This is a funny post. Everytime I've suggested this you go into your all pass Brady defense mode. A flip flop worthy of Mitt Romney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : hiya queenie.

Am I supposed to be offended by this term? Truthfully I don't know what it's supposed to mean. Do you think I wear women's clothing? Whatever, I suppose when someone is incapable of replying with facts, logic or wit, they resort to junior high school name calling. Looks good on you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : Am I supposed to be offended by this term? Truthfully I don't know what it's supposed to mean. Do you think I wear women's clothing? Whatever, I suppose when someone is incapable of replying with facts, logic or wit, they resort to junior high school name calling. Looks good on you.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. One of these days I'll scrounge up a fact. Thanks for the advice.

Queenie is Jint's name for Rusty.

Jimmy Doolittle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : Gotcha. One of these days I'll scrounge up a fact. Thanks for the advice. Queenie is Jint's name for Rusty. Jimmy Doolittle.

You got it, I'm impressed. Word of advice, don't follow Jints lead. He truly has nothing to say other than sarcastic, juvenile trash talk.

Even if you're exasperating, you do show signs of intelligence and the ability to form a coherent thought from time to time. Jints, not so much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

Theres nothing wrong with BB, there ss omething wrong with you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What is wrong with BB? : Theres nothing wrong with BB, there ss omething wrong with you.
    Posted by p-dogg81[/QUOTE]

There's your one.

Tell it to the people who always question his coaching, not me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is wrong with BB? : You got it, I'm impressed. Word of advice, don't follow Jints lead. He truly has nothing to say other than sarcastic, juvenile trash talk. Even if you're exasperating, you do show signs of intelligence and the ability to form a coherent thought from time to time. Jints, not so much.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Jimmy was a superstar back in the day. His Tokyo raid is legend. I'm still a little depressed they cast Alec Baldwin to play him in Pearl Harbor.

Those few B-25s were nothing more than a pinprick compared to the hell the superforts would rain down, but what a crazy amazing stretch of the available technology; and a nice morale boost. I doubt if one in 25 around here know what the hell we're talking about though.

Jints is okay, for a Giants' fan. If he were a Pats' fan he would be one of my football bruthas I suspect. I don't follow anybody's lead.