What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose

To ALL:

What's wrong with Me, and MY thread title...?  WhaTH's wrong with some of YOU!?!

I do NOT, repeat:  DO NOT, want The Patriots to win this game, and IF ya got any brains whatsoever (and if ya happen to be an "actual" NE Fan), Neither Should You...

Heck, I Don't even want New England to play hard!  
         On Defense, I'm hoping to preferably see: Ideally ZERO pass-rush, dear god-NO Blitzing for god's sake, and I want the secondary playin' as vanilla as vanilla CAN be defined... 
         Now, On Offense, I want & really NEED to see none, AB-solutely NONE of that 2 Tightend Set which imho, is and actually HAS thus far in this preseason, Made it so schematically versatile to exploit the oppossing defense.  Trully, I'm ideally looking for The New England Patriots that I personally witnessed from watching them in the Late 1980's and very early '90's=Run, Run, Pass, Punt...done (and repeat). 

AND Y-E-S- I, I An Absolutely LIFE-long DIE-hard Patriots's Fan, Am being DEADLY SERIOUS.

Why...?  Jesus, need I spell it out for the reptillean brains?

<I want ZERO Injuries.
    <I want NO playcalling which I've personally witnessed, and which I believe (RE: multiple TE sets)-WILL work so well come The Regular Season (ya know? the games that count?).
    <I want ZERO big Player Egos ("we're so good, it'll be a cakewalk")
    <I want ZERO big Team Expectations (RE: enormous NE Patriots's "Bulls-eye")
    <I want ZERO Excessive Mental wear & tear (RE: I DO NOT want to begin the New England Patriots's Regular Season hopeful Lombardi Run, UPON & WITH the extra baggage of going 4-0 in the B#llsh!t Preseason).
         So no, after witnessing 2007 come & go, I'd rather NOT have that Psychologically excruciiating baggage placed on the shoulders of these players & My Team...sorry.

~I want NOTHING taken for granted, NOTHING other teams can exploit in this upcoming season, NOTHING mentally taxing, And NOTHING physically detrimental......

~AND...guess what?  That's what I've been seeing- and I like it! 
         ~CBs 10 yards off the line.  Safeties a mile back.  No big blitz packages.  Schematically & COMPLETELY obvious Play-Calling.  He!!, the ONLY reason that New England is even IN this contest, is SOLELY due to crazy Individual Efforts by specific players (unreal catch by Crumpler, hard hitting CBs after playing vanilla off-man coverage designs, Gronkowski dragging defenders by his heels into the endzone, Brady falling down-getting back up And throwing a 25 yard precision guided 1st down pass).

~THIS is what I WANT...heck, NO- I don't even want THAT...New England could actually win it.     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose

Laz...

Don't understand some of these folks..  it is a frakin pre-season game!!  True, you do not like to see your team lose, but react like some are tonite!  Jeesh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

oooppsss!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

I guess thats a good reason, yep dont wanna see anybody hurt. I can understand that. your a nice man you have a nice heart, very caring, are you single?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

Haaa, let them cry like fools. Be a different story if guys got hurt for no reason.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I want them to lose too Laz, but not for the same reasons. I want them to play as hard as they can and lose to the Rams so BB can rip them apart and make them feel like they haven't learned anything as motivation to work harder. Can you imagine the motivation after every reporter kills them for losing to the Rams, esp with the great performances against the Saints and Falcons

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Hey Laz...I'm remembering back to some previous posts...my advice....forgetabout it....stay home and pet the cat.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose:
    [QUOTE]I guess thats a good reason, yep dont wanna see anybody hurt. I can understand that. your a nice man you have a nice heart, very caring, are you single?
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Sadly...ye- errrr, no.  C'mon though, that single sarcastic attempt off of 1point outta my 27  points...c'mon now, give it another shot, o.k.? 

And 2 minor- of notes towards some of the trolls
         No...the 3rd outta 4th Preseason Game, is not a "Regular Season Tuneup." 
         And NO...things change PER Team...  MEANING: IF I'm a New York Jets's Coach, I just, ya know-"might" wanna see just a tad more from my pathetically underproducing and/or altogether losing Jets Team after being a part of Preseason Games #1 and #2...but that's just me.

Basically though, you're gettin' this

Game #1: See whatch'a got out there...diversity of personell, new personell.  Known Starters play 1 1/2-maybe, if you're s#ckin' it up-2 quarters in Total.

Game #2: A Big one imho...at least schematically wise.  Implementing new wrinkles, designs, WithIN the solidifying what of how ya want ta go about play-calling in Regular Season.  Known starters ideally playing NO more, not a freakin' second more of 1 1/2 quarters. 

Game #3: Bumpin' Starters time up very gradually- 1 1/2-2 quarters, while seeing and subbing Any and ALL "players with potential" that you've seen thus far from first 2 preseason games in order to see how their skills pan out (or hopefully, "can").  EXTREMELY basic & simple schematics on D & O=Player Evaluation, NOT design eval.

Game #4: Starters 2 1/2-3 Total Quarters, Far fringe players are basically unheard of at all; Fringe guys get a 1 1/2 quarters to "make it"; Fringe-2nd Teamers are here (a few 1st team plays) and there (2nd half playing); BIG- Schematic and Regular Season gear up for most of 1st Quarter, but do NOT wanna give a ton away, so adding in a few of the more novel/complicated schemes...yet for far greater part in those 1st 2 quarters, will be BIG for play-calling AND in very beginning of 3rd quarter, BIG for game-plan changing.      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I want them to lose too Laz, but not for the same reasons. I want them to play as hard as they can and lose to the Rams so BB can rip them apart and make them feel like they haven't learned anything as motivation to work harder."

I actually touched upon THIS point as well, PatsEng...("ZERO Big Player & Team Egos").

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah you're right, this team is so polished and established that they don't need to improve on anything they might need to do in the regular season. This is a genious aproach, as a matter of fact the defense used this same aproach well into the regular season and playoffs last year!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What is with the posting during games?  After every bad play it's "The [D][pass rush][O'Brien] stinks!"  And every good play it's "We're invincible!"  Don't you people watch football?  There are ups and downs in every game. Settle the F down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Laz, I have to agree with you. 

The Rams have no reputation whatsoever in the NFL.  Losing to them is no sin.  They will not meet the Patriots in January.  If the Patriots were going to lose to anyone, the Rams are an excellent choice.

BB has already calculated how winning this game will affect the standings.  If he wins, people will fear the Patriots.  If he loses, they won't.  So, losing affects future standings positively and winning affects it negatively.  What to do, what to do....

Now let's look at personnel in the game.  BB put Kevin Faulk in on first down and let him run it up the middle.  Would BB ever do this in the regular season?  Not on your life he wouldn't, not unless Fred Taylor was injured, Sammy Morris was injured, Laurence Maroney was injured and maybe Benny Green-Ellis was limping a bit.  Faulk is a third down back. 

Is Brandon Tate on the first team now?  He's ok, but...

Riddle me this:  Ron Brace got a sack?  What was Ron Brace doing in the game in the first half in a position where he could get a sack?  Isn't he a run-stopper?  A more fundamental question:  is Brace in the starting lineup now? 

I assume that BB has tested his starting 11 as a unit two weeks ago or one week ago.  This week he's playing a substitution game, putting random players into the game with the starters to see how the team does.  The Rams' coach and their first team may be all about winning against a good team, the Patriots, with a famous Super Bowl victory over the Rams in 2001, but the Patriots aren't playing the same game.

Next, I have a suspicion that the Patriots are being ordered to commit a couple of fouls. 

Tully Banta-Cain ran his helmet into the quarterback's helmet, in a third down situation where the QB heaved it up just in time.  As it turned out, McCourty had great coverage (and the receiver is out for the season but that wasn't McCourty's doing), but the play turned from a fourth down punt to a first down with 15 yards.   

Butler committed another howler on third down, illegal contact more than 5 yards downfield, giving the Rams another break.  He committed an amazing fourth down penalty a week or two ago. 

Tully Banta-Cain also anticipated the snap count a tenth of a second early once.  Interesting. 

My theory is that BB took his guys aside and said, you've made the team, but there's something I'd like you to do. 

My next question would be, would BB rather that the players studied Cincinnati video yesterday or St. Louis video?  Which one will win more games in the real season?

Finally, would BB want to give away any play that wasn't vanilla?  Were the remaining plays predictable? 

I bring all of this up because I remember saying the exact same thing last preseason.

If it makes people feel better I counted two flagrant holding non-penalties on Randy Moss on bombs near the goal line.  These things happen.

I'll put some numbers on this.  New England's power rating drops from 14.2 to 12.3, a relatively tremendous plunge.  St. Louis rises from 2.6 to 4.4.  Elsewhere, Indianapolis took the gas pipe to a respectable team.  Indy drops from 12.1 to 11.1 and Green Bay rises from 9.9 to 11.3.  Maybe two teams are busy playing the diminished expectations game tonight.  Captain Underpants said as much about the Colts earlier, that they underperform in preseason.

After some thought I've decided that I'm not going to stick up for Laz's theory twice, and it's not because it's not true.  It's because the rest of the world might get wise to BB's trick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose:
    [QUOTE]" I want them to lose too Laz, but not for the same reasons. I want them to play as hard as they can and lose to the Rams so BB can rip them apart and make them feel like they haven't learned anything as motivation to work harder ." I actually touched upon THIS point as well, PatsEng ...("ZERO Big Player & Team Egos").
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

lol sorry Laz I missed it. But to be fair I was trying to read when Gronk scored that second TD so I was a bit distracted at the moment

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The D rolled over like Tobias Beecher tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Just watched Bill's press conference, you can kind of see through what he is doing...Inside he is obviously happy about the defense. I'm sure after he walks into the locker room from the podium he'll cogratualate them on a job well done. I also like the way he is secretly making sure that the defense is full of guys that come out and let the other team punch them in the face in front of 70k fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Yeah you're right, this team is so polished and established that they don't need to improve on anything they might need to do in the regular season. This is a genious aproach, as a matter of fact the defense used this same aproach well into the regular season and playoffs last year."

So, just reading your enlightening idea here mthrl:  Overall you're tellin' us here that when YOU finally become an NFL Coach, the whole Preseason "soft approach" under the notion that it's by-and-large, a player & scheme test-run In order to gear you up Best, for Regular Season Success...so, I'm gatherin'-THIS is all fallin' asunder, when you get your coaching shot?  Far, faaar Less Team positioning drills, makin' way towards formation drills, making way towards play execution, And ALL the while-spend your time by seeing who excels & HOW they excel and under what conditions, plays, schemes that best fit their talents...ALL Gone.  Oh-also, any & all even semblance of a notion of player mentality, team psychology...nada, nothin...

Training Camp DAY #1-We gear up 110% by game-planning for the first 4 PreSeason Games...And I mean, We are throwin' EVERYthing at 'em, he!! or high-water.  Every play from the play book...EVERYthing.  1st String Starters play for ALL, unless we're up by 47 points with 2 minutes to go...then maybe 1/4 are 2nd string top substitutes.  AND, I'm sending these guys All-Out-sacrificing life, limb.  I want EVERY single play called just like it's gonna be called in Week 1.  An' I'm tellin' you=Practice...1/2 day practice, because the rest of the time is Film Work & Study in order to breakdown those 4 preseason nightmares. 
         Look guys, mthrl's right: Time & Research, Effort & Training HAVE to go SOME-where people...So, IF we're lookin' good thus far, and we're thinkin' that we have the players, the system, the schemes AND the plays In order to make it All Work when it actually counts, mthrl's right...Let's ALL do the Very BEST we can in order to sabotage & largely undermine ourselves, o.k.?  C'mmmon now people, The Preseason Lombardi is up for grabs!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Ron Brace got hurt.  Meriweather got hurt. The defense gave up over 450 yards. The Pats D made Bradford look like Manning and Brees rolled into one. We will know soon enough whether they are that bad or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

It's just preseason.  Work out kinks.  Tinker with some new plays.  Defense is young and is learning.  Anybody that wants to jump off a bridge over a preseason loss, regardless of how long the starters played is re.tarded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Ron Brace got hurt.  Meriweather got hurt. The defense gave up over 450 yards. The Pats D made Bradford look like Manning and Brees rolled into one. We will know soon enough whether they are that bad or not."

Maaaan, THIS is what mthrl and I, Are SAYIN' Here:  Let'm get hurt...it's probably a good thing.  Also, IF we have ANY (and I mean-"Any at All")-Idea with certain and very specific Defensive play formations, systems, & set-ups for both team and individual player, In Regards to PRECISELY How We're going to even "attempt," 1 bit, at all, TO give and put some sort of pressure on the Offense and Show EXACTLY the certain things we might try to do for a pass-rush....THEN babbbby, WE Show IT NOooow People!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]I guess thats a good reason, yep dont wanna see anybody hurt. I can understand that. your a nice man you have a nice heart, very caring, are you single?
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

,,,Matilda's the defendant
       She's killed about a hundred  
       And she'll follow wherever
       You may go...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose : ,,,Matilda's the defendant    She's killed about a hundred      And she'll follow wherever    You may go...
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]
    oh, thank you Antibody. That is very nice of you to say that. You seem to be a kind man too, are you single? I would like to go to a Patriots game, maybe you could ask me and then take me to lunch then the Patriots game and then Dinner and you could let me move into your house then marry you , then divorce you and kick you out. Is that ok?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]" Yeah you're right, this team is so polished and established that they don't need to improve on anything they might need to do in the regular season. This is a genious aproach, as a matter of fact the defense used this same aproach well into the regular season and playoffs last year ." So, just reading your enlightening idea here mthrl :  Overall you're tellin' us here that when YOU finally become an NFL Coach, the whole Preseason "soft approach" under the notion that it's by-and-large, a player & scheme test-run In order to gear you up Best, for Regular Season Success...so, I'm gatherin'-THIS is all fallin' asunder, when you get your coaching shot?  Far, faaar Less Team positioning drills, makin' way towards formation drills, making way towards play execution, And ALL the while-spend your time by seeing who excels & HOW they excel and under what conditions, plays, schemes that best fit their talents...ALL Gone.  Oh-also, any & all even semblance of a notion of player mentality, team psychology...nada, nothin... Training Camp DAY #1 -We gear up 110% by game-planning for the first 4 PreSeason Games...And I mean, We are throwin' EVERYthing at 'em, he!! or high-water.  Every play from the play book...EVERYthing.  1st String Starters play for ALL, unless we're up by 47 points with 2 minutes to go...then maybe 1/4 are 2nd string top substitutes.  AND, I'm sending these guys All-Out-sacrificing life, limb.  I want EVERY single play called just like it's gonna be called in Week 1.  An' I'm tellin' you=Practice...1/2 day practice, because the rest of the time is Film Work & Study in order to breakdown those 4 preseason nightmares.       Look guys, mthrl's right: Time & Research, Effort & Training HAVE to go SOME-where people...So, IF we're lookin' good thus far, and we're thinkin' that we have the players, the system, the schemes AND the plays In order to make it All Work when it actually counts, mthrl's right...Let's ALL do the Very BEST we can in order to sabotage & largely undermine ourselves, o.k.?  C'mmmon now people, The Preseason Lombardi is up for grabs !!! 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    You changed my mind! Thank god, I now see the light...Amen brother, amen.
    Clearly what Bill is trying to do is get players with little NFL experience on defense and show them that it's ok to get punched in the mouth. Heck this is the way we did it when we were winning them Super Bowls. Plus it feels so much better when the team that's beating you down is the worst team in the league. Heck it even helps that you did it in front of your crowd, because after a long camp, the last thing you want to do is play with you know...Toughness.

The Rams were 8 for 11 on third downs! This was a rookie throwing by the way.
    Did you watch the press conference by Bill after? Did he look like he was happy and he was so just waiting to roll out those awsome plays come regular season? The only way this team stops anyone on defense this year is by smoke and mirrors and some serious, serious coaching. Get ready for pressure provided by an all out blitz, because there is no way any rush is going to be generated by four guys. Just like last year, the year before and the year before that, come to think of it the year before that as well. Sorry, you take away Brady and Belicheck and tell me where this team is. Stop drinking the coolaid, they didn't do enough to improve that front seven this off season and it will kill anything Belicheck and Brady will do in the end.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

...It's a battered old suitcase
       To a hotel someplace
       and a wound that will never heal
       And oh Prima Dona
       The perfume is on     
       an old shirt that is stained with
       blood and whiskey 
       And goodnight to the streetsweepers
       The nightwatchmen flame-keepers
       And goodnight
       Matilda
       Tooooooooo...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]...It's a battered old suitcase    To a hotel someplace    and a wound that will never heal    And oh Prima Dona    The perfume is on         an old shirt that is stained with    blood and whiskey     And goodnight to the streetsweepers    The nightwatchmen flame-keepers    And goodnight    Matilda    Tooooooooo...
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]
    Oh you sang to me, how romantic! But the Patriots lost arent you sad? Im sad now. My ex says the defense stinks and looks like swiss cheese, but I dont get it cuz they dress in blue not yellow. I hope they can get better and we win alot of games that will be fun. Im gonna go listen to some Lady GAGA and cheer up

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is WRONG with some of you people? THIS is an excellent game to lose : You changed my mind! Thank god, I now see the light...Amen brother, amen. Clearly what Bill is trying to do is get players with little NFL experience on defense and show them that it's ok to get punched in the mouth. Heck this is the way we did it when we were winning them Super Bowls. Plus it feels so much better when the team that's beating you down is the worst team in the league. Heck it even helps that you did it in front of your crowd, because after a long camp, the last thing you want to do is play with you know...Toughness. The Rams were 8 for 11 on third downs! This was a rookie throwing by the way. Did you watch the press conference by Bill after? Did he look like he was happy and he was so just waiting to roll out those awsome plays come regular season? The only way this team stops anyone on defense this year is by smoke and mirrors and some serious, serious coaching. Get ready for pressure provided by an all out blitz, because there is no way any rush is going to be generated by four guys. Just like last year, the year before and the year before that, come to think of it the year before that as well. Sorry, you take away Brady and Belicheck and tell me where this team is. Stop drinking the coolaid, they didn't do enough to improve that front seven this off season and it will kill anything Belicheck and Brady will do in the end.  
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Way to confront Any...or, I was hoping for-One of the ideas which I posed in any single previous post on this thread...

Blah, blah, blah-Rams S#ck-Blah, blah, blah-Pats got punched in the face-Blah, blah, blah, So Pats Must S#ck-Blah, blah, blah-This offseason s#cked-Blah, blah, blah...  Are you- ?  I don't even know why I'm posting to you, I mean-I digress (quite often), but it's either with humour, or under the guise that I've at least ONCE broached the intended thread's actual given topic. 

Jesus, I was initially wondering How Long half of you people have been actual Patriot Fans...THEN, I was wondering How Long half of you people have been actual Football Fans...Now, I'm just wondering How Long half of you people have been able to communicate with your fellow man in either verbal or written form.  Don't worry man you can only fall up from here, there's not much elsewhere you can potentially go; You can only hope BUT to redeem yourself here.  Just string some random words together, and it'lll be as relevant as your last post...