What is Your Game Outcome Priority After Pats Game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: What is Your Game Outcome Priority After Pats Game?

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

to fall asleep quickly after a late game. :)

Priority #1 is for defense to continue to improve in preperation for playoffs.  I think the defense is going to have to "step up" their game for any low scoring or close games - so, that they can shut down an opponent when needed the most.

[/QUOTE]

i  ike this

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The one team I think is most important to face at home in Foxboro rather than on the road is Denver. Manning would have perhaps a little more difficulty here than there.

In any case I do like all 7 of the outcomes listed (including the Jets winning! for exactly the reason given - but I am not sure they can win all three games they have left because they really are a bad team... and if the Jets lose you really can't mind that).

If we make it to the SB I ahve mixed feelings about who I want to face. On the one hand it would be nice to make the Giants face a healthy Pats team and pummel them. On the other hand I do not rally want them to go anywhere in the playoffs and I think SF is a more deserving team anyway. I would also rather see the Packers or Atlanta or Chicago or Seattle.

[/QUOTE]

agree denver coudl be dangerous to us.

nfc got nothoing on that yet. 

if giants go and we beat them that woudl be sweet and theyd get a lower draft pick.

but i'll take the team the team they win against... :)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Pats healthy,

Everything else

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

jints did face "healthy" pats team twice, in sb 42 and in foxboro last season-same result as sb 46 so the gronk excuse doesnt wash tho it provides a built in excuse

and jints played without bradshaw and nicks in nov and lost both TE's in the sb last year

[/QUOTE]

Your absolutely right...Roosevelt Colvin made some big plays in that Superbowl as well as Sammy Morris. They did all that while on injured reserve that year!

In reference to the thread. I think the Pats win out so I hope either the ponies or the Vikings can give the Texans a loss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I personally don't care who wins the other games as the Patriots will still need too win. Also the best team in the NFL still plays thier home games in Foxboro,Ma...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

of games this week:

mine:

1 indy over hou (first seed for pats)

2. balt over denver (protection for pats bye)

3. cowboys over pitt (Pitt to miss playoffs)

4. wash over cleve (put giants out  of playoffs)

5. Atlanta over giants

6. seattle over buff (hope they get in ahead of sf; sf longer raod and or loss in playoffs)

7. jets over tenn jets win out and keep sanchez, tannebaum (continued futility), and get lower draft pick

priority of our game outcomes?

[/QUOTE]

pitt out, check

giants out, almost assured, check

houston needs to lose to indy, and pats win, pats 2nd seed, and bye week off

kc do us a fav and suprise denver (like romeo did last year - have his team summon it to pull teh upset), combined with hou loss to indy, pats would be home for the playoffs

sf loss and seattle win next week, sf has to go on road for all of playoffs and play teh extra game.

what are you looking for next week?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"what are you looking for next week?"

A lot of your predictions are coming true. 

Seatlle is looming now as a number 5 seed or so and could be a real pain for a higher ranked NFC team like the niners, as we saw tonight. 

As you point out, the Giants are all but out, it would take literally a miracle of dominos falling for them to get in now. 

As for our side, I'm not as fancy as you, just hoping for two things: 

- health (in particular Gronk and our defensive secondary). I believe health of these key positions trumps everything now, even getting a week off. 

- number two is getting a bye week. I don't care about the number one seed that much, the bye week to get our guys rested is the key. 

It feels greedy to hope that both Houston and Denver lose, surely the football gods are not that kind. :) I'd rather save some of that football god magic for a fumble bouncing the right way later in the playoffs... 

Houston losing is a real possibility, but not seeming as likely to me....since the division is not up for grabs. Though it would be awesome to watch Denver lose to KC if KC treats that game like their Super Bowl. I think in a weird way that Denver losing might be more likely than Houston losing, because it seems like Indy might not have a lot ot play for next week right? Since Houston has clinched the division.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"what are you looking for next week?"

A lot of your predictions are coming true. 

Seatlle is looming now as a number 5 seed or so and could be a real pain for a higher ranked NFC team like the niners, as we saw tonight. 

As you point out, the Giants are all but out, it would take literally a miracle of dominos falling for them to get in now. 

As for our side, I'm not as fancy as you, just hoping for two things: 

- health (in particular Gronk and our defensive secondary). I believe health of these key positions trumps everything now, even getting a week off. 

that is first and foremost, you are right. i started a thread saying as much (more than winning the last 3 games we needed to be healthy at the end of them).

- number two is getting a bye week. I don't care about the number one seed that much, the bye week to get our guys rested is the key. 

thats my #2 too, but for that we do need help from kc or indy.

It feels greedy to hope that both Houston and Denver lose, surely the football gods are not that kind. :) I'd rather save some of that football god magic for a fumble bouncing the right way later in the playoffs... 

yeah like in teh sb. ill take the magic bounce all way through the sb win :)

Houston losing is a real possibility, but not seeming as likely to me....since the division is not up for grabs. Though it would be awesome to watch Denver lose to KC if KC treats that game like their Super Bowl. I think in a weird way that Denver losing might be more likely than Houston losing, because it seems like Indy might not have a lot ot play for next week right? Since Houston has clinched the division.

actually i think the win makes them a higher seed than a loss i beleive i heard on the telecast today.

nice post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

There's really only three games that matter next week....

Indy v Texans @ Indy...This is the game to watch...

Texan's must win to keep thier bye intact or hope for the fin's to upset the Pats @ home later...Indy has little to play for accept the emotional return of the coach and it's a rivalry game.

New Flash; It's also the early game so both the Pat's and the Bronco's will know what's at stake before the kickoff of thier games.

Pat's v Miami @ New England...

Must win game if we want a chance at a bye...if we lose we're the 3rd seed...

If the Texans win and the Broncos lose or vice versa we have a shot at a bye...

Broncos v Chiefs @ Denver...

For the Broncos a win = a bye it's as simple as that...

If the Broncos win and Texans lose they're the #1 seed

if the Texans win and the Broncos lose the Pat's are the #2 seed

End of the day: It's doubful that the Chief's can go into Denver and upset the Broncos. It's not all that improbable for the Colt's @ home to knock off the Texans. Given the dynamics at play...Come Sunday morning, we're all going to be Colt's fans. I hope it's a nationally televised game, cause I'll have my popcorn ready...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texan's must win to keep thier bye intact or hope for the fin's to upset the Pats @ home later...Indy has little to play for accept the emotional return of the coach and it's a rivalry game.

New Flash; It's also the early game so both the Pat's and the Bronco's will know what's at stake before the kickoff of thier games.

End of the day: It's doubful that the Chief's can go into Denver and upset the Broncos. It's not all that improbable for the Colt's @ home to knock off the Texans. Given the dynamics at play...Come Sunday morning, we're all going to be Colt's fans. I hope it's a nationally televised game, cause I'll have my popcorn ready...

[/QUOTE]
    beantowne,

network  said colts improve their playoff postion wiht a win.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    beantowne,

network  said colts improve their playoff postion wiht a win.

[/QUOTE]

It must be based on one of the tie breaking formulas then? The Bengals are 9-6 overall 6-5 vs AFC and 2-3 in the division...The Colt's 10-5 overall 7-4 vs AFC and 3-2 in thier division...So I guess if they're both end up 10-6 / 7-5 / 3-3 tied with both teams playing a division opponent. Then Cincy jumps ahead of them?...Just curious what's the critera for breaking the tie? Point differential Cincy has the edge or is it common opponents?