what kind of contract will brady have,when his time is up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

what kind of contract will brady have,when his time is up?

I know brady has taken a fair contract the last time,and he even re-did it for moss,but being that this one will be his last.what will he command?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/25/with-eli-manning-and-philip/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: what kind of contract will brady have,when his time is up?

Brady is the best quarterback in the league and if he were a different kind of person, he could easily command the league's higherst salary and get it (from someone). But there is no evidence to suggest that he will do anything different than he has ever done, which is to negotiate a salary which recognizes his talent but also leaves the organization flexibility to keep the team around him competitive.

As Pats fans -- particularly those of us who have been at this for some time, and seen the team through some of its more bufoonish eras -- we should never take for granted what a unique talent we have been blessed to witness in Tom Brady.

( ewwwww -- salty)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: what kind of contract will brady have,when his time is up?:
    [QUOTE]Brady is the best quarterback in the league and if he were a different kind of person, he could easily command the league's higherst salary and get it (from someone). But there is no evidence to suggest that he will do anything different than he has ever done, which is to negotiate a salary which recognizes his talent but also leaves the organization flexibility to keep the team around him competitive. As Pats fans -- particularly those of us who have been at this for some time, and seen the team through some of its more bufoonish eras -- we should never take for granted what a unique talent we have been blessed to witness in Tom Brady. ( ewwwww -- salty)
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Well said sir well said!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I am guessing, 7 year 105 mil, 35 mil bonus so he can end his career here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I am guessing, 7 year 105 mil, 35 mil bonus so he can end his career here. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE] thats about right,and he would retire a pat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What are you guys listening to the sports hub on radio station 98.5? They have been talking about Bradys contract allllllllll day

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

He will get whatever contract he wants. If he wants 5 years, $150M, then that's what he'll get. If he wants 5 years, $15M, then that's what he'll get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To a man like Tom Brady it is obviously clear that money is not his motivator in life. The man loves to win as much as he hates to lose and the best way for him to win is by doing what he can do to help coaching staff and ownership build a better team around him. Can you imagine if Brady held us over the barrel and made us give him Mike Vick type contracts(still hilarious that vick was payed that much). He would be the only player that would get what he demanded(breaking the Patriot mold) and it would take away from the team as a whole. Its a good thing we have not only the best QB in football but the best leader and teammate any player could ask for.

Oh yeah plus his wife is a millionaire!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I do not agree, if he trys to hold us over the barrel and get Mike Vick money he will be a 49er before you know it. I just cant see this team giving anyone  including Brady Mike Vick money because that is a re tarded deal. No one should make that kind of money. But I do wish we would give him whatever he wants cause i dont want to see him leave.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's a moot point, because I don't believe Brady would hold a gun to Kraft's head. But killa is right -- The Pats won't break their pattern . . .  not even for Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If we use my super secret formula BW = (EMC + PRC) / 2 * BWFC2T2

In other words: Brady's Worth = Eli Manning's Contract + Phillip Rivers Contract divided by 2 multiplied by Brady's Worth Factor Compared to Those Two.

In other words: BW = (97,500,000 + 92,000,000) / 2 * 100.

Holy Sh&t!!!! Brady is worth $9,475,000,000.  I hope he gives the Pats a break. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

i dont listen to the hub. i m more of a weei guy. as a pats fan, i would hope that they would resign him and everyone would just be happy forever and ever but we must consider the worst case scenarios too. dont forget he has an agent whose job it is to get him the best deal possible since this most likely would be his LAST major contract. the last deal helped him to get rings but now he sees that peyton got his without having to sacrifice his $$$, and now it must get to him that lesser guys like rivers and eli are now outearning him by a mile. the fact that  he is married to gisele tells me exactly how competitive this guy is. she is the highest paid model in the world. she's not taking a discount. she is now influencing him in that area along with her businesspeople. how much is enough? is belichick taking a discount? by most conservative estimates, he banks well over 7mil per year from the pats, putting him right at the top in all of the NFL. i just think that brady will want to get his behind the scenes regardless of what he says publically. 

guys like brady have pride, a competitive nature and are risking their limbs everytime they go out there. heck, cassell is right at his salary now, brady's fragility to himself made even clearer after his injury... i think he will want to get his. he beat all the other guys in gettg the hottest gal in the world who is the richest at what she does for a living. u dont think that becomes an issue sometimes between them? she outearns him! plus brady is from a very conservative part of california. he's no liberal. who knows, there may be no salary cap anymore if the owners and labor cant work things out by 2011. he may not want to be the richest but i think he will want to be in the top 3 and have something that takes him to age 38-40. 

at this point, i am sure brady feels that he too has had a lot to do with the pats success and not just belichick. if not with us, y would he not think that at this point of his career he could go elsewhere and be just as successful. for example, minnesota! they would write that check and make that trade in a heartbeat! ortampa bay. or buffalo. or cleveland. or denver. or san fran. or Arizona as warner fades out. or tennessee. or jacksonville. 

to belichick's credit, i m sure this is part of the reason he is taking a very conservative approach to guys like seymour and wilfork. he may have to lose them in order to afford to sign brady.  the old model may not work this time. there's too much uncertainty with the market and the lack of a labor agreement. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]It's a moot point, because I don't believe Brady would hold a gun to Kraft's head. But killa is right -- The Pats won't break their pattern . . .  not even for Brady.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I dont know fellas. When they ask Belicheck what was his one reason for winning those three superbowls. He always has one answer. Tom Brady.  Anyways Im glad he is who he is and that he wouldnt do that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I have to agree with you guys that Brady will get alot of money, but he won't hold the team over a barrel. He's got too much class for that. That's one thing I respect about Tom Brady. We had a situation in our city where Sydney Crosby could have demanded alot more money from the Penguins, but he settled for less so it would free up some money to sign some of their other younger stars. I think Brady would do the same thing because he wants to win some more SB's, he's already rich!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I have to agree with you guys that Brady will get alot of money, but he won't hold the team over a barrel. He's got too much class for that. That's one thing I respect about Tom Brady. We had a situation in our city where Sydney Crosby could have demanded alot more money from the Penguins, but he settled for less so it would free up some money to sign some of their other younger stars. I think Brady would do the same thing because he wants to win some more SB's, he's already rich!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Yep there are only a few Super Stars who have the brains to realize being greedy will not help them with there legacy's.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

If Brady never restructured his contract ,Moss would not be a Patriot. He wants to go down as the best ever not the highest paid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

7 years, 70 Mill. 

I think Brady knows that if he wants to keep Randy he has to take the lesser contract again. Or, Brady can hope for an uncaped NFL in which the Patriots can lavish him with a very lucrative contract. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

6 years, 100 mill   That pays him enough to be one of the top paid players in the league without hurting the team.  He could easily get 120- 130 for 6 but hes not a greedy bast@rd.  Maybe thats why he has 3 rings in 7 years while the Mannings have 2 in 16 years.  Nah... he's just that much better

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

killa's on a roll today.

Not jokes.

Mom smack.

What's next . . .  an all-out Christian Bale rant?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

LoL yea give me a film crew and I will chew someone out lol