What NO ONE is saying about last night....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatrickMcFinn69. Show PatrickMcFinn69's posts

Re: What NO ONE is saying about last night....

In Response to Re: What NO ONE is saying about last night....:
    [QUOTE]Another thing I'd like to add is that the Patriots were just an all around better team then the Bills last night. They controlled most of the game clock, and had over twice as many offensive plays then the Bills, It was around 85 to 38 range. Brady set a career record for completions in a game, which no one is talking about! The only reason this wasn't a blow out, is because the Pats had some badly executed 3rd down and 4th down plays. If they can get better on those downs, this offense will be a beast this year. I'm looking forwards to it! 
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

The reality of this is that Brady will have to produce somewhere around 30 points a game to compensate for the defense.  Hopefully this young defense will mature and start playing better.  It looked like there were 7 people out there on defense.  The middle of the field was always open and the pass rush was nonexistant.  I'm only worried about the O line.  I hope Vollemer comes along to help Light because he got smoked last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]The rookie ran out of the end zone when he was supposed to down the ball-Lucky rookie mistake for the pats unlucky for the Bills. I can't wait until Sunday-The Jets defense will destroy the pats and hopefully Brady!With that horrible Oline of yours you better get your backup QB ready-What's his name?? Yeah I thought so!LOL Way to get that little snipit in about how nobody else is being called lucky except the pats.You're right everybody is against the pats....UloserU whining crybaby...they were lucky!
    Posted by LovelyLeon[/QUOTE]

We shall see what we shall see what we shall see....go Patriots!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to What NO ONE is saying about last night....:
    [QUOTE]The word "lucky" is being thrown about everywhere.  But, what is not said enough is this: The Pats return D DID in fact force the fumble with the strip.  Seems not too many folks are focused on that aspect.  If McKelvin held onto the ball, we would have had to hope for a quick 3 and out, but, we will never know that possibility, will we? Secondly, the Pats HAD to reach the EZ to win, not just score a FG, so, why couldn't the Bills' D stop them short of the EZ? The Bills' D did stop the Pats twice on 4th down conversion attempts and this would have definitely been 4 down territory.  Seems some folks think that strip is the sole reason the Pats won.  There were still many opportunities for the Bills' D to step up, the Pats offense just did it better at crunch time. Lastly, there were other last minute victories around the league, but most are not subscribing to the "lucky" factor except for the Pats.  Isn't luck the result of making it happen, too?  I do not recall the Pats standing around and asking McKelvin to fumble the ball.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Pats got lucky that McKelvin ran it out, not for the play they made.

If there were an actual "Luckiest Winner" contest this past week in the NFL, it would have clearly been the Broncs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

The pats took advantage of stupidity, and good teams do that.  Hats off to the pats. 

Now, that was likely the only moment of its kind you will get this year.  Certainly there will be opportunities, but stupidity of last night's nature in the NFL is limited.

The question is... are you satisfied, not with the result, but with the play of your team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]The pats took advantage of stupidity, and good teams do that.  Hats off to the pats.  Now, that was likely the only moment of its kind you will get this year.  Certainly there will be opportunities, but stupidity of last night's nature in the NFL is limited. The question is... are you satisfied, not with the result, but with the play of your team?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

No....this game should never have been this close....for example: take away the interception returned for a TD by Buffalo and the Patriots' scoring TD's instead of FG's in their previous two trips to the red zone (before the explosion during the last 5 minutes of the game) the score would have been 33-17. But, that's why the games are played.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]The pats took advantage of stupidity, and good teams do that.  Hats off to the pats.  Now, that was likely the only moment of its kind you will get this year.  Certainly there will be opportunities, but stupidity of last night's nature in the NFL is limited. The question is... are you satisfied, not with the result, but with the play of your team?

I dunno.

Are you satisfied with Manning's new sidejob as

Peyton Manning, NFL Private Dick

From the ESPN story:

"I asked [Rashean] Mathis what happened and he said, 'I didn't even touch him [Gonzalez]'," Manning said. "He has worked so hard in the offseason, I just hope it's not a season-ending injury."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What NO ONE is saying about last night.... : The reality of this is that Brady will have to produce somewhere around 30 points a game to compensate for the defense.  Hopefully this young defense will mature and start playing better.  It looked like there were 7 people out there on defense.  The middle of the field was always open and the pass rush was nonexistant.  I'm only worried about the O line.  I hope Vollemer comes along to help Light because he got smoked last night.
    Posted by PatrickMcFinn69[/QUOTE]

But last night they only scored 25 and won. The offense also gave up 7. Do those count?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I said this a couple days ago, but what the hell, I'll say it again:

If ifs and buts were bolts and nuts we'd all be in hardware.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

ok - no answering questions with questions, but you can try to run away from them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]The word "lucky" is being thrown about everywhere.  But, what is not said enough is this: The Pats return D DID in fact force the fumble with the strip.  Seems not too many folks are focused on that aspect.  If McKelvin held onto the ball, we would have had to hope for a quick 3 and out, but, we will never know that possibility, will we? Secondly, the Pats HAD to reach the EZ to win, not just score a FG, so, why couldn't the Bills' D stop them short of the EZ? The Bills' D did stop the Pats twice on 4th down conversion attempts and this would have definitely been 4 down territory.  Seems some folks think that strip is the sole reason the Pats won.  There were still many opportunities for the Bills' D to step up, the Pats offense just did it better at crunch time. Lastly, there were other last minute victories around the league, but most are not subscribing to the "lucky" factor except for the Pats.  Isn't luck the result of making it happen, too?  I do not recall the Pats standing around and asking McKelvin to fumble the ball.

We looked lousy. Period. Fat Rex is not going to politely sit in a loose 4-3 with cover two on every play, as Buffalo so nicely did for us. If the same team shows up next week which showed up last night, we get blown out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree Leon. Statistically, the Pats dominated the game. Several key plays went against them, but they took full advantage of the one collosal blunder the Bills made. This game could very easily have been the blowout many were expecting if the Pats convert a couple fourth downs and finish with touchdowns instead of field goals. The Bills played well, but they are not good enough to beat an elite team unless they play error free -- which they didn't.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Right on "prariemike".....while the Pats looked out of sync for most of the game, their final stats would indicate a blowout if you didn't watch the game.  Brady, the receivers and yes the "D" did a great job.  A missed field goal, and an interception on Brady for a Bills TD, amounted to a ten (10) point swing, otherwise the score of the game could of easily have been 30 - 17 with 2 extra points factored in.  Considering it all, the Pats could have won big, even tho they were out of sync.  Look for the Pats to blow out the Jets this coming Sunday.  Coach B will be working their butts off this week in practice to sharpen them up for the Jets.  GO PATS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]ok - no answering questions with questions, but you can try to run away from them.

They played great.

Read the above response to a previous post and that should answer your question.

But what I really want to know is: What Happened to the Suzy Kolber Thread?

I was enjoying that.

Keep up the good work, dogg.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

No, and neither are they.
    However, I think they played better than it may have appeared. Watching the game, it seemed like the Bills were converting EVERY third down. In reality, they were 4 for 10. The Pats were 10 of 16. Also, though it seemed like the Bills were moving the ball at will, they were held under 200 yards passing and under 100 yards rushing. That's decent D. Our D gave up the underneath and the screens to play Owens/Evans tough. It worked; they had 5 catches between them for 71 yards, while Moss/Welker had a whopping 24 catches between them for 234 yards; almost as much as the Bills total offense. I thought the D, especially the secondary, played PHYSICAL. When is the last time that could be said for our secondary? On offense, the Pats controlled the clock (over 14 minutes more than the Bills) and drastically outyarded them. Their problem was in finishing, which was remedied by game's end. I seriously doubt that it will be a continuing problem.
    What I am TOTALLY satisfied with is that they never gave up and executed when it mattered most. After several wasted opportunities earlier in the game, they capitalized on the opportunities in the end. Regardless of how they got the ball for the last possession, they still needed to execute well enough to score a touchdown - and they did. They also kept Buffalo from moving the ball into field goal range, dismissing any possibility of late game heroics for the Bills.
    That is not a given.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

When the Pats win by 50 points it's cheating, when they win by 1 point it's luck.

How many points do the haters think we should win by?
     Just give me a range. Would 3 touchdowns be too many? Is a field goal enough to count as a clean win?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

"They also kept Buffalo from moving the ball into field goal range, dismissing any possibility of late game heroics for the Bills.
    That is not a given."

Agreed.  50 seconds with two timeouts is plenty of time to get into field goal range.  NFL teams do it all the time - plenty of NFL defenses blow that situation every season.  The D deserves a lot credit for stopping the Bills' final drive. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE] When the Pats win by 50 points it's cheating, when they win by 1 point it's luck.  How many points do the haters think we should win by?  Just give me a range. Would 3 touchdowns be too many? Is a field goal enough to count as a clean win?
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

Good point, mungo - lol! Shall we say.....27? LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

This is why BB harps on situational football so much.  I don't think one of our returners would make the same mistake McKelvin did.  Who knows, maybe BB was counting on the strip which is why he went for the full kick vs on-sides kick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]The word "lucky" is being thrown about everywhere.  But, what is not said enough is this: The Pats return D DID in fact force the fumble with the strip.  Seems not too many folks are focused on that aspect.  ...  I do not recall the Pats standing around and asking McKelvin to fumble the ball.

Something else nobody is talking about is that Gostkowski is the one who recovered the fumble.  Could be the biggest play of the year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Right,when was the last time a kicker was in the middle of a scrum and came out with the ball.Great stuff.I love it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Thats why Bill stresses situational football. In that situation if the tables were turned I would hope the returner would knoe to take the knee or at least cover the ball with both hands. Well he did not and the situation dictated the special teams strip the ball and get it back now!!! Well thats what we did, end of story!

Go Pats!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

A win is a win...period. I can recall the Pats being on the wrong side a couple of times in the past. Remember 2004, at Miami?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

How about the intentional saftey we took against Denver then we go on to win? I love football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Kevin Faulk and Wes Welker are really two sparkplugs for your team. But don't you just hate those close games? But like most of you have pointed, the good teams find a way to win. It was good to see Tom Brady back! I heard a few off-comment remarks at work about 'How lucky the Pats were to win?" But these are also the same people on friday who were saying how good the Steelers were to defeat Tennessee  in a close game thursday night. No mention of luck!  Great win for you guys! Brady looked like he got 'the rust out' ,and looked like himself, especially after the offense open-it up. Reminded me of the 16-0 season in that last quarter. Even though the Steelers always seem to win more than lose all the close games they seem to play every week, I'll never get used to them!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Someone here asked , how come when the Pats win in the dieing seconds it's luck, and when other teams win it's skill? Good question, fact is the Pats looked a little rusty, as well they should have, and Buffalo is a pretty good NFL team. The Bills will win more than they lose, I predict. In the end class won the game, grit and determination. The Pats will only get stronger offensively. Defensively, they could be vulnerable, if Mayo is down for long.Losing Rodney, Tedy, Seymour, Vrabel and Mayo may be too big of a hit. The best defence, may be a good offence, which I think is what is going to happen. The Pats will simply score more points than their opponents.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What NO ONE is saying about last night.... : They played great. Read the above response to a previous post and that should answer your question. But what I really want to know is: What Happened to the Suzy Kolber Thread? I was enjoying that. Keep up the good work, dogg.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

**Poof**  Apparently the mods have an unhealthy admiration for Suzy Kolber or ...Tom Brady or both (geez).