What OC's and DC's are left for hiring.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

What OC's and DC's are left for hiring.......

Marty Shotenheimmer could be our DC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: What OC's and DC's are left for hiring.......

Nobody on the outside.....they don't know our system.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I don't think one will be announce as a DC, look for Peppers to have those duties but not the title IMO. 

We have two guys that can take on the role, I think Peppers calls the D from upstairs while Patricia makes adjustments on the sideline.  I think Peppers will get the bigger role because he will not be afraid of questioning BB which he already said it might be something that's missing.

On the OC, I don't think O'Brien will be gone but I wouldn't be surprised if there's some help there in play selection, who I don't know but he needs help in creativity.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This team has never done worse than 10-6 since the 2000 regular season, with a couple of 14-2s and a 16-0.  If I were the GM on 31 other teams I would hire away an experienced Patriot coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

I know I'm probably in the minority opinion but I don't think it is totally unrealistic for Bill to hire someone outside the organization on either the offensive or defensive side of the ball. I wouldn't mind Dick Jauron coming in on D. Either way it doesn't appear that Bill is in a rush to hire the wrong candidate. Foxboro is airtight sometimes when it comes to releasing any tidbit  of info.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Paul-K,
    They were 9-7 in 2002.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd be very suprised if they went outside the current coaching staff to replace a coordinator, Patricia or Pepper will get on the nod on defense while I'm afraid that O'Brien will probably get the nod on offense, though he may not have the official OC title.

Personally I'm ok with Patricia or Pepper on D, while I think an upgrade in coaching talent is needed as an OC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

STP43FAN,
    Did you watch any of the games?  It was a chore just to get a play call in, in time and thats with speakers in the QB's helmet and Brady having a large wristband with the plays listed out by #.

Not to mention the completely predictable play calling and lack of second half adjustments.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

how many times did we hear BB say they were outcoached?  It is time to get someone in that knows what they are doing!  Promoting from within only lasts so long.  The talent pool is too thin at the moment.  The Patriots have lost more coaches than any other team.  Time for some veteran talent to help rebuild.  This team is not far from good.  They were 18 and 1 in 2007, 11 and 5 in 2008 with a rookie quarterback! and 10 and 6 this year.  That is good to build on.  The coaching is what is going to be needed to take them to the next level.  Look at the Giants this year.  Why are they not in the playoffs? Coaching!  Why are the Redskins not in the playoffs?  Coaching! 
    It is time for BB to get good coaches so that he will never say "We were outcoached"  again. 
    Defense needs a coach that can teach tackling and playing your position.  Too many time players were out of position or simply missed a tackle. 
    Brady did well in 2006 with no receivers.  He needs a coach that will give him plays to spread the offense around. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Patriots are waiting for the superbowl and than they will raid the coaches from the Colts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The best guy they could hire as DC is Brian Billick are they going to,NO!Get ready for another year of BB's pressers starting off with the we were out coached speech. Dick Jauron is another excellent DC who is presently unemployed.They could do like everyone else is doing a raid the teams who are winning coaches!!! There's a concept that hasn't been explored.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

In Dick Jauron I trust.   Bring him in.