What off-season move by the Pats would blow you away?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What off-season move by the Pats would blow you away?

OK, 2013 season is done and the discussions have started regarding how the Pats need to re-tool to overcome the disappointment of not getting to the SB while losing badly in the AFCCG.  These discussions are all over the place from the outrageous suggestions to trade Tom Brady to seeing BB step down.

With that said, what off-season move, or moves, between now and pre-season would blow you away?  Do you see the Pats break the bank, or close to it, to acquire a high profile FA to bolster the team?  Trade away a perceived "untouchable" player to get a higher draft pick?

IMHO, Brady will not leave this team, so any bets to trade or release him is not realistic.  I can see Mallett going.  I can see Wilfork released or restructure his contract to free up cap money.  If Reavis can reign in his "it is all about me" attitude, that may be an interesting acquisition.  The Pats have some real good core players, they just need that one or two to make a difference in 2014, plus get all those injured players back.

Let the discussions begin. ( Trolls, keep your negativity away )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: What off-season move by the Pats would blow you away?

REAVIS OR VINCENT JACKSON  Would blow me away.  A great DB but can not stay on the field but may be worth the risk . VJ A great WR BUT IS ONE STRIKE AWAY.  Michael Johnson the cincy pass rusher that would be good to..

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

IMHO, Brady will not leave this team, so any bets to trade or release him is not realistic.  I can see Mallett going.  I can see Wilfork released or restructure his contract to free up cap money.  If Reavis can reign in his "it is all about me" attitude, that may be an interesting acquisition.  The Pats have some real good core players, they just need that one or two to make a difference in 2014, plus get all those injured players back.

Let the discussions begin. ( Trolls, keep your negativity away )

So because your opinion is that he will not leave makes anyone else's opinion unrealistic?

ummmm.. I voiced an opinion and indicated such a move is "not realistic".  Someone can voice that position and I would opine it is not realistic, not say they're are "wrong".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Keeping their 1st and trading into the first to get a combo of Nix/Hageman for DT and Ebron/Amaro for TE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The Patriots trade two number 1’s, two number 2’s and Ryan Mallett to the Houston Texans for the number one pick in the draft.

The Patriots select Jadeveon Clowney first overall. The Patriots proceed to go 16-0 and Chandler Jones, Clowney and others smash the 1984 Bears team sack record of 72 with a total of 76.

The Pats then go on to win the SB and finally fix the 07-08 season while also grabbing the coveted, and must have, fourth SB ring.

Yes, they will miss those picks, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to take care of old family business.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Keeping their 1st and trading into the first to get a combo of Nix/Hageman for DT and Ebron/Amaro for TE

In terms of drafting, this would be pretty awesome...would fill 2 huge needs.

However, you know BB won't do it :(.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

Here is my plan:   trade Mallett and our #29 pick in the 1st round to the Texans for the overall #1 pick and a 5th rounder.  THEN we trade that pick to the Browns so they can draft Manziel---we get their #1 pick (which we still end up getting Clowney)---and their 2nd round pick this year.  With the two 2nd rounders we get a TE (preferrably the kid from NC) and CB--the other rounds we draft DL/OL.  We resign Talib, Edelman, and Blount.  We let Wendell walk and replace him w/Connolly and move Cannon to RG.  Unfortunately, we have to get Big Vince and Kelly to restructure their contracts---Amendola too (I would cut him if it didnt hurt our cap so much).  Hopefully, the NFL is sane and gives us a break on the Hernandez $$$$.  Next step---convince Tony Gonzalez to come play for us for a year (a la Seau).  Then we try to sign Boldin.  Spikes is gone too.   So, on offense we now have  Gronk, Gonzo, Nefron?--kid from NC who apparently is athletic like Hernandez.  RB's are stable.  We have Edelman, Amendola, Boldin, Dobson and Boyce for receivers.   Our O-line gets a slight bump.  Our defense becomes even better with the return of Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo and Armstead.  With the addition of Clowney that gives us that pass rushing force---and the expectation for Mayo, Hightower and Collins would be great.  Talib back w/that group again gives another year of familiarity.  We improve in every area of our team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is my plan:   trade Mallett and our #29 pick in the 1st round to the Texans for the overall #1 pick and a 5th rounder.  THEN we trade that pick to the Browns so they can draft Manziel---we get their #1 pick (which we still end up getting Clowney)---and their 2nd round pick this year.  With the two 2nd rounders we get a TE (preferrably the kid from NC) and CB--the other rounds we draft DL/OL.  We resign Talib, Edelman, and Blount.  We let Wendell walk and replace him w/Connolly and move Cannon to RG.  Unfortunately, we have to get Big Vince and Kelly to restructure their contracts---Amendola too (I would cut him if it didnt hurt our cap so much).  Hopefully, the NFL is sane and gives us a break on the Hernandez $$$$.  Next step---convince Tony Gonzalez to come play for us for a year (a la Seau).  Then we try to sign Boldin.  Spikes is gone too.   So, on offense we now have  Gronk, Gonzo, Nefron?--kid from NC who apparently is athletic like Hernandez.  RB's are stable.  We have Edelman, Amendola, Boldin, Dobson and Boyce for receivers.   Our O-line gets a slight bump.  Our defense becomes even better with the return of Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo and Armstead.  With the addition of Clowney that gives us that pass rushing force---and the expectation for Mayo, Hightower and Collins would be great.  Talib back w/that group again gives another year of familiarity.  We improve in every area of our team.

[/QUOTE]

Way too low in compensation for Houston to do that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I have no doubt in my mind that if BB wants to draft a DT that he will trade up to get him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Here is my plan:   trade Mallett and our #29 pick in the 1st round to the Texans for the overall #1 pick and a 5th rounder.

This is the worst deal in NFL history for Houston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It would blow me away if they actually drafted two people in rounds 1 & 2 that made EVERYONE on the message board happy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

It would blow me away if they actually drafted two people in rounds 1 & 2 that made EVERYONE on the message board happy.

That would pretty much be the apocalypse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is my plan:   trade Mallett and our #29 pick in the 1st round to the Texans for the overall #1 pick and a 5th rounder.

[/QUOTE]

This is the worst deal in NFL history for Houston.

[/QUOTE]

This may be banking on BB's relationship with O'Brien... which if anything close to this happened would result in O'Brien being crucified in the media.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I think everyone knows the team needs a #1 reciever.

What would blow me away is the Patriots acquiring TWO #1 recievers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

This may be banking on BB's relationship with O'Brien... which if anything close to this happened would result in O'Brien being crucified in the media.

The Redskins traded 2 first round picks and a 2nd round pick to move up fewer spots for RGIII.  Now that was a stupid deal, but Mallett to move up 28 spots would be a f'ing robbery in comparison.  No way that happens even with O'Brien.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1000

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't happen. BB likes trading too much and picking up players well ahead of where they should go. But, who knows maybe this year is the year. I'd say everyone was pretty happy when they got Jones and Hightower

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The only thing that would blow me away is if they traded TB.

Overall though, I'm with PE in that an aggressive move to land (2) very good prospects in Rd 1 (with one being ND NT Irish Chocolate Nix III), while not unprecedented, would be pretty facken sweet.

2nd would be for them to take a WR in Rd 1 (i.e. PSU's Allen Robinson).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

The Pats move to London after Elton John buys them

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats move to London after Elton John buys them

[/QUOTE]

6 degrees of seperation: Elton John(and Bernie Taupin) wrote the tune "Philadelphia Freedom" in 1975 as a favor to Billie Jean King who was a member of the Philadelphia Freedoms of theWorld Team Tennis league---the Boston team was called the "Lobsters" and was owned by Robert Kraft

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think I would be blown away if they first of all kept their #1 pick as BB generally has some team clamouring for their #1. If they dwelve deep into FA and actually sign a player of need, say Bernard Pollard or a Dennis Pitta type. I would not be shocked if they traded Mallett nor would I be shocked if they kept him. Hageman is the pick if they stay in the first round, if they trade out it could be anyone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They Fire BB but would that really blow me away?

No it wouldn't-Any other team would have fired BB long agao with his 11 years of nothingness.

[/QUOTE]

If he were fired, he would get a new job in less time than it takes you to type "my horrible accented friends to the north."  Maybe even Rex would be shown the door.