What pre-season did you feel "this is our year" more then any other?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

What pre-season did you feel "this is our year" more then any other?

Going into a season what Pats team did you feel this team is going to be really good, maybe win it all?? For me that would have to be 2007. Hon. mention to 2004(Improved on a very good team) and 1977(The year after we lost to the Raiders in the Sugar Bear Hamilton-Stabler disgrace I thought they were even better. Only finished 9-5 and missed the playoffs by a game.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: What pre-season did you feel "this is our year" more then any other?

Most all of them lately.  I generally felt like it was going to be a 14-2 year every year.  In 2008 I was two games too low.  In 2009 Brady got injured and they fell to 11-5.  I only felt like 13-3 in 2009 and was not too far off.  I felt like the Patriots played really strong through most of 2009 (until Wes Welker got injured) but dropped three games through a bad overtime coin flip, through questionable officiating and through an end of season Christmas Present game.  This stuff happens. 

I think the bookies fix refs, players and games all the time.  Sooner or later someone will come up with a mathematical formula to deduce clear patterns of heavy insider betting and will profit by it.  For now, football is a completely inexact science.

This year?  14-2. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

After we got Dillon. No question about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: What pre-season did you feel "this is our year" more then any other?:
    Most all of them lately.  I generally felt like it was going to be a 14-2 year every year.  In 2008 I was two games too low.  In 2009 Brady got injured and they fell to 11-5.  I only felt like 13-3 in 2009 and was not too far off.  I felt like the Patriots played really strong through most of 2009 (until Wes Welker got injured) but dropped three games through a bad overtime coin flip, through questionable officiating and through an end of season Christmas Present game.  This stuff happens.  I think the bookies fix refs, players and games all the time.  Sooner or later someone will come up with a mathematical formula to deduce clear patterns of heavy insider betting and will profit by it.  For now, football is a completely inexact science. This year?  14-2. 
    Posted by Paul_K

14-2??? You're not serious??? 10-6 if we're lucky.Did you see the schedule?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: What pre-season did you feel "this is our year" more then any other?:
    After we got Dillon. No question about it.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

I was going to say they all feel the same to me until I read this. I remember saying, "We're golden Now" when they signed Dillon.

I feel pretty good about our ability to put points up this year. I just hope the defense steps it up one notch and we'll be looking good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

2004, 2007, 2008

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: What pre-season did you feel "this is our year" more then any other? : I seriously truly feel that a team can be 12-4, 8-8 or if solid, but closer to bad, 4-12 due to injuries. Look how many teams go from a misleading 12-4 or 11-5 to say, a 6-10 and 7-9, within just one season, every year in this league. There's a ton of those and this is why the "my team's division is better than yours" argument doesn't really hold unless we are talking the NFC West. Teams's records seem to flip almost in the opposite direction except for a handful of the top echelon teams. INJURIES and depth really separate teams in this league. Pray for health and this team is 12-4 next year without batting an eye. And that's not arrogance either. I'll take BB and Brady every week over any coach and QB in this league, bar none, and that includes a trendy Sean Payton and Drew Brees pick.
    Posted by russgriswold

What if Tony Dungy comes back to coach Manning? I heard those 2 were pretty good together.From somebody.