What rule will they have changed next?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

What rule will they have changed next?

After getting roughed up in the AFC Divisional playoffs in 2003, Bill Polian got together with fellow passing czar Mike Martz to campaign for increased emphasis on pass interference because the Patriots manhandled his receivers (and because the receivers weren't tough enough to take it).

Then after getting dispatched in the 2004 AFC Championship Game, Polian decided he would make it his mission to make downfield contact with receivers altogether illegal.

Suddenly now that the Patriots have Randy Moss and Wes Welker as features of their passing offense, it should serve as no coincidence that this year's emphasis is on offensive pass interference and offensive holding.

Go figure.

My question is this: If the Colts somehow lose the the Patriots once or twice this year, what rule will Polian want to have changed next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: What rule will they have changed next?

The COLTS can NEVER play the Pats again in the playoffs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Satan is back...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : I like the new rule where Brady points at people that almost hit him and the flags come out.  After a 3rd down incomplete pass.  To sustain a drive.  Twice in one game.  LOL LOL
    Posted by TOGAH-2009[/QUOTE]

2nd down. The pass was complete. He couldn't have called for a flag the first time because his helmet was jacked up from not getting hit.

Where ya been good buddy? It seems they don't have papers or tvs wherever they had you kept.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : I like the new rule where Brady points at people that almost hit him and the flags come out.  After a 3rd down incomplete pass.  To sustain a drive.  Twice in one game.  LOL LOL

Funny how when the Patriots make up a rule, it ends up being called against them more than it does for them.

Wish I could say the same thing about the Colts and pass interference.

(And yes, they bump receivers downfield as much as any team in the league)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to What rule will they have changed next?:
    [QUOTE]After getting roughed up in the AFC Divisional playoffs in 2003, Bill Polian got together with fellow passing czar Mike Martz to campaign for increased emphasis on pass interference because the Patriots manhandled his receivers (and because the receivers weren't tough enough to take it). Then after getting dispatched in the 2004 AFC Championship Game, Polian decided he would make it his mission to make downfield contact with receivers altogether illegal. Suddenly now that the Patriots have Randy Moss and Wes Welker as features of their passing offense, it should serve as no coincidence that this year's emphasis is on offensive pass interference and offensive holding. Go figure. My question is this: If the Colts somehow lose the the Patriots once or twice this year, what rule will Polian want to have changed next?
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Nick - how about a little more about the polian mission re: downfield contact - like a link.

and a link for the current yr emphasis on opi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What rule will they have changed next? : Nick - how about a little more about the polian mission re: downfield contact - like a link. and a link for the current yr emphasis on opi.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, when I search for anything having to do with the NFL competition committee from 2003-2005, nothing comes up...

And I've tried three different news sources (ESPN sorted chronologically, Boston.com with date ranges entered, New York Times with date ranges entered).

They've magically disappeared, but I assure you that the competition committee at that time consisted of the following three people: Mike Martz, Bill Polian, and Mike Holmgren, all of whom were alarmed at the prospect that their finesse passing offenses would be negated by tough, old-fashioned defense.

I'll forward articles if and when I find them - I'll try academic databases where the NFL would have a harder time censoring.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : And we sir, cannot stand the Patriots.

Here's an odd thing.

I hate the Colts to such an extent that I don't go to their fans' websites.

Can you imagine such hatred?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : Funny thing is, when I search for anything having to do with the NFL competition committee from 2003-2005, nothing comes up... And I've tried three different news sources (ESPN sorted chronologically, Boston.com with date ranges entered, New York Times with date ranges entered). They've magically disappeared, but I assure you that the competition committee at that time consisted of the following three people: Mike Martz, Bill Polian, and Mike Holmgren, all of whom were alarmed at the prospect that their finesse passing offenses would be negated by tough, old-fashioned defense. I'll forward articles if and when I find them - I'll try academic databases where the NFL would have a harder time censoring.
    See that's the thing.  I don't know anything about the downfield contact or OPI emphasis.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : And we sir, cannot stand the Patriots.

You can't even stand your owm mommy bugboy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : See that's the thing.  I don't know anything about the downfield contact or OPI emphasis.  In fact, I just looked up Offensive Pass Interference point of emphasis and what I found was that the point of emphasis for this year is offensive line holding, not OPI.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

"
    In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : See that's the thing.  I don't know anything about the downfield contact or OPI emphasis.  In fact, I just looked up Offensive Pass Interference point of emphasis and what I found was that the point of emphasis for this year is offensive line holding, not OPI.
    Posted by underdogg"
    "how about a little more about the polian mission re: downfield contact - like a link.

and a link for the current yr emphasis on opi.

Posted by underdogg"
    OK, where are your links smartazz?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

NOt confident in the source, but this is result #1 for "NFL offensive pass interference emphasis" on Google.*

Talks about a memo sent out by the league to teams before this season.

I remember there was a blog post on refs in Pats' training camp telling players how they would call it when the season began.

*Edited at 5:31pm, same day: The source is a site affiliated with FoxSports and I'm confident in its accuracy, journalistic accountability, and objectiveness because the article isn't on either the Colts or the Patriots - and please don't try to insinuate that the new channel's reputation is somehow connected to its sports reporting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Yahoo sports documents how Polian cried because his receivers couldn't take the rigors of a FULL contact sport here:

And I'll be back with more sources as I get them.  Polian is the small, immature child who always had to keep making up the rules when his team couldn't win the way things were.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Nick - that's one, which is well known.  You mentioned 3

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I really don't care about this idea that the Colts get more calls than the Pats. You want a solution: decapitate Manning on a safety blitz, bring in Sorgi, repeat....take the RTP call. The Pats will have to set the tone and it's a nasty physical sport. Don't believe me ask Willie McGinnest and Ty Law when we owned the Colts and Manning wet his pants every time Willie went into three point stance.

To me non-calls are worst; everyone knows what the rules are and it's up to the red to call them fairly and evenly; it;s not always going to happen, but it usually makes for better game.

"If it moves, hit it, if it doesn't move pick it up, if you can't pick it up then pack it in..."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'll hold off until I can read a link stating he alone was responsible for that. I can't imagine that this board isn't scrutinized by the entire league with rules changes and they all bought in. 
    All the teams have to play by these changes so even if he did so what, play by the rules like them or not right? 

Otherwise you sound like Lewis or Porter.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I didn't make this board for underdogg (who seems respectable enough), although I am serving up sources.

I made this one for Togah and baddawg because they seemed like they needed reminding that the Patriots in fact are not the sole source of evil in the universe (as if looking at a newspaper nowadays didn't do the trick).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

Would these rule changes by anthing like the Brady tuck rule or the Brady Phantom Roughing the Passer rule?  How many Brady rules are there anyway?  I'm sure there are others.  One perhaps for non metro sexual dressing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't make this board for underdogg (who seems respectable enough), although I am serving up sources. I made this one for Togah and baddawg because they seemed like they needed reminding that the Patriots in fact are not the sole source of evil in the universe (as if looking at a newspaper nowadays didn't do the trick).

What other coach / team was Fined THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION DOLLARS?
    Super bowl wins since - 0
    Biggest Choke in the History of Sports - Patriots losing to Manning / Tyree
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What rule will they have changed next? : Keep up the good work in Iraq, and fighting for Peyton Mannings' right to svck  c0 ck
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Now that was a brilliant response.  I'm surprised a Harley guy could string that many words together and circumvent the TOS at the same time.  Good job!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBcheats. Show BBcheats's posts

The Brady Tuck call was the worst call in the History of Football.......But the Tyree Super Bowl was the Biggest Choke in Sports History!  The ref's must have won that one for the Giants too...right Patsies?

Who negotiated the NFL contract with its referee's?  Bob Kraft

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Thanks I'm smarter than the average biker, I meant the first part aww heck I meant the second part as well.

Hope the game is good, you guys get to see it live there?