What the heck are the Jets doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Re: What the heck are the Jets doing?

I would not be surprised to see Faneca in Detriot.  They need linemen to protect their QB in a big way

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I guess they didn't see Clayton who panned the picks and the philsophy.  The Jets running game is clearly diminshed.  I don't see how that's a good thing. 

The Jets have made some splashy additions, and have also had some costly departures. Most GMs wouldn't go near Holmes and many who didn't want Cromartie.  Then we have the cooked gooses Taylor and LT.  I guess it sells seats, but overall it's very underwhelming. Especially when you look at the loses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing?:
    In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : Put the crack pipe down.    QB - Sanchez is mediocre at best.  Never has a totally ineffective rookie been so overhyped.  RB - If SD offered Jets fans LT and a fifth round pick for Thomas Jones and Leon Washington, would any of them had taken that deal last year?  Well, your FO did.  Major drop off.   WR - You already had Edwards on what should have been at best an 8-8 non playoff team (sorry but two teams rolling over and playing dead did not go unnoticed)  Holmes is a good pickup, but Sanchez iis no Big Ben.  You also have the most troubled WR team, we will see how that plays out. OL - Faneca is gone.  OL just got weaker. D - Taylor is ancient and his effectiveness has steadily declined.  Not a big deal.  Cromartie - are you kidding?  He was practically run out of San Diego (I know, I live here as a transplanted New Englander).  After a great rookie year, he consistently declined in on field performance, locker room impact and off field problems.  Fans hear were THRILLED to get a 3rd for him.  You lost two DBs. So the Jets added one troubled WR but diminished your running game which puts a lot of pressure on an overhyped and unimpressive QB.  You added a geriatic lineman and a CB cancer, while letting a couple of DBs from your top ranked D leave.  Where is the big gain? The Pats, who did win the division after all, immediately upgraded at TE and punter, improved their blocking with Crumpler, added lots of new potential at WR (Tate, Price, Edelman along with a Taylor like signing of Torry Holt), and acquired some potential depth at CB, ILB, OLB, and DE.  Oh yeah, we also have two firsts and two seconds next year to go get a stud RB, WR, or DE. In summary, a Jets team that should have been an 8-8 also ran made splashy but unimpressive moves.  They lost ground to the Pats whose pickups will actually improve the team now, and in the future.   Its why BB runs the dynastic Pats, and your latest clown runs the forty years and counting Jets.  
    Posted by Encinitas

dude i hate the jets but sanchez is good, getting to the afc championship your rookie year is great no matter what you say, besides your watching him hes not watching you

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I always like to compare the player a team gets vs the player they have to let go.

RB

Get: LT
    Gone: Jones

Get: McKnight
    Gone: Washington

WR
    Get: Holmes
    Let go: (pre-season cut)

G
    Get: Ducasse
    Let go: Faneca

OLB/DE
    Get: Taylor
    Gone : rumored Ellis and B. Thomas

CB
    Get: Cromartie, Wilson
    Gone: Sheppard

S
    Get: Pool
    Gone: Rhodes

K
    Get: Folk
    Gone: Feely

Really I don't mind one bit the Jets being the paper champion. Get the Pats out of the offseason spotlight. Just how I like it being a Pats fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

They want to become a passing team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He did very well then they dumbed down his role.  But that worked in part because the running game was so good, not now.  It's going to be on Sanchez.  Brady didn't have those mistakes his first year as a starter, Flacco didn't even the Mannings didn't have to Sanchez' degree.  He's got talent, but as Carroll suggested he needed more polish. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Greene has a tendancy to put the ball on the ground, and has yet to prove he can be feature bcak in the NFL.  They also don't have the same calibre back up he and Washington were.  There is even talk Richardson will need to be let go. The Jets have taken a few steps back in the running game. There is no denying that.

Passing more is taking the chance of exposing Sanchez like it did last year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Well put Encintias.... 

Bjesus don't go disappearing on us or changing your name mid season on us now when ur team in 3rd in the division.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

We'll see I'm kinda high on Miami this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : Oh Rusty, you are so silly.  A horrendous draft?  Not having 12 picks does not equal a bad draft.  Lets see, they got a great WR in Holmes for their #5, a Great WR in Braylon Edwards for their #3, A great cover corner in Cromartie for a # 3 and then grabbed what many consider the best corner/return man in the draft with their top pick.  Then, they added depth to running back & fullback and got a solid Oline replacement for Faneca.  When you don't allow the players to all get to old at once, you don't need to stockpile picks and replace 1/2 your team in 2 years. NE 2007 draft was downright awful, except when you consider they got Moss & Welker for a 2,4 & 7, then it becomes just an average draft. To recap, the Jets got the 2 best WRs and the 2 best corners in the draft and then, added depth to an already strong oline and running game.  Yep, that's horrendous alright.  The question is, will they only lead the league in defense and running AGAIN or will it be defense, running & passing? 
    Posted by bjesuss

Downgraded Running game....

Edwards is not great, he is good...but average if he has a QB like Sanchez passing to him.

Holmes had a career year last year...before that he was decent....again, look who is throwing the ball to him.....

I do have to admit, the D is damn-good.....but it can only take you so far....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Most of you want to dog Sanchez because of typical rookie mistakes and give him no credit for excellent playoff performances.  As I have said before, a rookie QB, with one year of starting in college on a team with a new coach & new systems making it to the AFC championship game is pretty damn good. By the way, why is this TB's team?  Here's why, 21 fourth quarter comebacks, 29 game winning drives.  How about a 30% dropoff in points scored and 7 less wins when he went down with a virtually identical D performace?   It's not BB on the field doing that. 
    Posted by bjesuss

Not bad for a team that should not have been in the playoffs.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : Of course he needs more work, he only started one year in college.  Manning had 28 picks his rookie year.  Don't kid yourself about the running game.  Greene is just fine and Bill Callahan is among the best oline coaches around.  Total yardage may go down, average yds will go up.  However impressive leading the league in rushing is, I'd prefer more balance.
    Posted by bjesuss

So Sanchez is the next Payton Manning?  LOL!  Green has not proven that he can handle a whole season workload....most everything you are spouting is unrealistic guesses.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Jets and Dolphins have done quite abit to improve their offseason.  The Phins added Dansby and of course Brandon Marshall.  The Pats have done very little to nothing in the FA market, and have wasted their #1 pick.  With Brady anything is possible, but based on last season and Welker's injury, the Pats are going to have a very tough time winning the AFC east.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Wow, great analysis.  I guess Kraft oughta be paying you instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : I wouldn't dream of it.   I just don't see that 3rd thing panning out for you, though.  Maybe it's time the Jets help the Pats transition to their next QB again.  Tom just is not as mobile as he use to be. 
    Posted by bjesuss

Brady was never a mobile QB...his career high was 110 rushing yds....he had 44 last year....and that wasn't his worst...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : Apparently, so far = AFC Championship game.  I hope they can get another corner and upgrade their receiving core.
    Posted by bjesuss

and so far < /> Super Bowl Championship.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Bjesus, why bother coming on here if your a Jet fan trying to bash on the Pats?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : The Pats fan draft grade website doesn't really count as a legitimate assesment. Most give them a B, not bad for four picks.  Pats 12 picks got them a B.  The beauty is that you won't know for a few years. Except of course, Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, & Holmes (3rd, 3rd, 5th round choices) We know what they are and there is not a GM alive that wouldn't take those players for those picks.  5'8" ?  Read the bio, moron.  Faneca is old and declining. Leon is coming off a serious injury, was a non factor last year and has been a contract whiner for 3 years.  Lots of tough decisions to make.  We do know this, when you sit back and do nothing and when you don't upgrade players before their skills expire, what you end up with is the Pats.    A team that absolutely needed the 25 picks + in the last 2 years and still did not get a Revis, Mangold, or even a David Haris in the bunch.   How did you find out about the Jets next offseason plans and not know what they were planning to do this year?  I wonder if they will trade their best defensive player because they are too cheap to pay up for talent?
    Posted by bjesuss

So according to you, when the Pats trade their defensive player with expiring skills (and get a 1st roung pick for him), then they are cheap....

But if the Jets do it, it is a good move?  makes no sense.... and I am not sure of whom on the Jets had been losing his skills that you are talking about....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : Wow, great analysis.  I guess Kraft oughta be paying you instead of the guy who won us three Super Bowls.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

BBRULES has no football knowledge what-so-eva.....he is a TROLL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

the Jets were #1 running, and #1 D last year. I think they might be better this year at the running game with Green picking up where Jones left off (and much younger/fresher), Tomlinson will at least spell Green, and McKnight looks like a replica of Washington.

Their D just got stronger with the additions, and they've added a few more options for Sanchez to throw to.

The only flaw on that team is Sanchez' TD/interception ratio, and he was a rookie. With a year under his belt, an offseason to train and get used to his receivers more, one can only expect that ratio to get better.

I bleed Patriots red, but the Jets look scary this year, and I'm not afraid to admit it. They have an easier schedule than we do, and at the very least they'll get double-digit wins.

We're getting younger, and we're looking for big things. Our team had a chance to gel last year, and should only get better. The rookie's we've taken in, if they perform like they do on paper, will be a huge boost to this team. Like everyone says, we need the anger and the swagger and the smashmouth playing to come back. Maybe these rookies are what we need to light that spark. If we do, watch out NFL. Every game it's a competition between our O and our D to see who is going to play better. And if the D is lighting it up, you know Brady isn't going to sit there and let them have all the fun.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Maybe, certainly you are not qualified to judge.  My point is that rookies generally play like rookies and throwing a lot of picks in your first year is hardly a reason to discard them.  Somehow the majority of the football world not affilitated with Patriot fans believe that he was a top prospect worthy of a top 10 pick.   What is important is improvement, which was pretty evident, especailly in the playoffs. Well yeah, Greene hasn't proven that, he was a rookie backup.  But hey, I'm not the one making the choices.  The coaches that had the top running game in the NFL somehow feel that he can handle it.  Generally when you trade up for a guy, there is some sort of belief that he's worthwhile.  So far, Greene has done nothing to change that.  However, your perspective is that, he plays for the Jets, he must not be any good.  Of course, with all of the talent on that team, that's just absurd. Even maroney would be a good back on that offense.  It seems that you think that it's unrealistic that a highly regarded,smart, strong armed QB improve after his rookie season or that a backup running back who excelled in the playoffs could possibly become a goog starting RB behind a great offensive line.  Who's unrealistic? 
    Posted by bjesuss

You are very unrealistic.....your assumptions are all best case scenario....you are drinking too much Green kool-aid.  I am trying to keep your expectations back down to a normal level with the rest of the NFL's fams.  And that has nothing to do with me being a Pats fan.  I do not have any hatred for the Jets...my hatred is saved for teams that we have worried more about in the post season (Indy and Pitt)....

So I am sorry that if I am reserving that unproven back-ups have not proven that they can be productive players for a full season...we have yet to see.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : BBRULES has no football knowledge what-so-eva.....he is a TROLL
    Posted by m1021us

And your a Koolaid drinking dumb***!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : And your a Koolaid drinking dumb***!
    Posted by BBRULES23

Easy know Leon ...  Let take a deep breath ... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Anyone who think the Jets running game hasn't been adversely affected is drinking Rex's yellow Koolaide.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

As of now the Jets running game doesn't look as good as last year. Which means that Sanchez has to step up his game. Getting Holmes was a good move, but with the him missing games against Ravens, Pats, @Phins, @Bills plus the potential drop off in the running game, they may see themselves in trouble early on. For the Jets could be a pretty average season in the end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

To me, I think for the Jets to have any hope, they'd better gett off to a fast start, and never slow down. If they start off 3-3, they're done. That team will implode with all those questionable personalities.

Line it up!

Added Cromartie. Questionable on-field skills at this point. Really, it's been two sub-par years after 1 very good one. I've heard excuses that the system wasn't a good fit for him, the classic excuse. Off the field, the guy is a trainwreck. What is it? 7 kids with 6 women in 6 states. The team forwarded him $500,000 to catch up child support!

Added LT. A old RB who can't do what he once could, and bit ched about losing his job in SD. Yeah, I'm sure he's suddenly going to learn how to shut his mouth, man up and play football. Especially in NY, where the media will be relentless.

Subtracted both Jones and Faneca. First Jones. By far, their most productive running back for the past few years (on NY). Strong locker room presence. Leader on and off the field. Solid human being. To think that Greene can step in and fill his shoes is ignorant. Sure, he MIGHT, but to assume he's a 1200-1400 yard back is ludicrous. Again, it's possible, just not likely. And all over a 2.5 million dollar bonus when they paid LT 5 over 2 years. Assinine. Good message to send the incumbent players.

Faneca. Old, still servicable OL. A leader by example in the trenches, and again, a solid citizen. Rookies do not step in and provide the experience, knowledge, leadership or ability of a player like Faneca. There will be a rookie curve, he might end up being better...but you'll have to wait at leat 8 games to see it.

Dumped Washington. I guess they thought he could be replaced with a rookie. Maybe so. But again, those are big shoes to ask a rookie to fill. I don't know how Jets fans can be so passive about it, "Oh, this rook is a carbon copy." If you say so. In NE, we've learned to value a good 3rd down back, and nodboy has been able to replace him for 10 years. No rookie, veteran, anyone.

Sanchez. Ugh. 12 TDs, 20 INTs. I looked, I honestly can't find another QB who turned into anything decent with such a horrible first year. Yeah, manning had 18 INTs his first year, and 20 TDS ON A TEAM THAT WENT 1-15! Not the same thing at all. He had the best D, one of the best running games, and an extremely solid OL and couldn't get out of his own way. "Oh, but but, he played well in the second half and playoffs!!!" Yup, he sure did...after the coaches castrated him, took away the play book, and relied almost exclusively on the run and D.

Rex Ryan is a ticking time bomb. Think his players will respond to well when things start to go pear shaped?

On paper, the Jets look impressive. Paper planes, however, never fly very far.