What the heck are the Jets doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: What the heck are the Jets doing?

the jets signed alot of expensive people with tenebaum and mangenius and this was a good year to cut some of that expense...maybe fanneca was producing diminishing returns...the two running backs if you remember wanted big bucks as well... in any event its back to smashmouth in the afc east

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing?:
    In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : And your a Koolaid drinking dumb***!
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL!  Lose an arguement and call people names.....I expected more from Jets fans that like Belichick.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I think the swets caught teams by surprize last year with the blitz happy raven style defense and that wont happen this year...how will they match up now against two new te's and a new speed burner and then cover welker/moss/endelman..

its gonna be fun...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I am so glad that the Patriots jumped into a spot in front of the Jets, then took CB McCourty.  McCourty has long arms and great explosion.  The Jets then settled for Kyle Wilson, who has shrimpy arms and is a bit shorter and a flyweight to boot.

On the field, the Patriots are going to call bubble screens against Kyle Wilson.  Wilson is going to get velcroed to the blocker and will be manhandled out of the play.  Or, the Pats are going to get their 6 foot 6+ tight end, Gronkowski, to connect with Wilson under the 5 yard chuck rule, and then mister flyweight is going to be somewhere else while Gronk catches the pass.  After a pass completion, Gronk versus Wilson is somewhat problematic for the much lighter player's well-being.

I will probably respect the Jets' second round lineman, Ducasse, by his third year of play.  For this year, however, he has had precious little football experience, much less any major college experience. 

I have no idea what the heck the Jets are doing.  Did they actually participate in the draft this year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

And still no answer from Rusty.  Greene, a bad pick? Knee jerk?  Aren't you the clown that said 2nd year QBs always regress? 
    Posted by bjesuss

I wouldn't say Greene isn't a bad pick. He looked pretty good in the playoffs but then so was Timmy Smith. However right now you can't say he's a great pick only getting 500+ yards in the regular season. The Jets will really need him to produce around 1200-1300 yards this season to make up for the loss of Thomas Jones. It's a big year for Greene and running backs typically make more impact right away in their pro career.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

In Response to Re: What the heck are the Jets doing? : The Pats fan draft grade website doesn't really count as a legitimate assesment. Most give them a B, not bad for four picks.  Pats 12 picks got them a B.  The beauty is that you won't know for a few years. Except of course, Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, & Holmes (3rd, 3rd, 5th round choices) We know what they are and there is not a GM alive that wouldn't take those players for those picks.  5'8" ?  Read the bio, moron.  Faneca is old and declining. Leon is coming off a serious injury, was a non factor last year and has been a contract whiner for 3 years.  Lots of tough decisions to make.  We do know this, when you sit back and do nothing and when you don't upgrade players before their skills expire, what you end up with is the Pats.    A team that absolutely needed the 25 picks + in the last 2 years and still did not get a Revis, Mangold, or even a David Haris in the bunch.   How did you find out about the Jets next offseason plans and not know what they were planning to do this year?  I wonder if they will trade their best defensive player because they are too cheap to pay up for talent?
    Posted by bjesuss

Funny how the Pats have, as you would say,  players whos skills have expired.. yet we keep coming in 1st place every year...IMHO, they will again THIS year and will be in a position to win it for years to come...