What we lack most is physical play on both sides of the ball!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

What we lack most is physical play on both sides of the ball!

Does anyone remember the hit that Bryan Cox laid on Colts receiver Jerome Pathonn in 2001? That hit changed the defensive mind set of the Patriots and started our run into the playoffs. That attittude is what is missing from the "D". We need attitude on both sides of the ball. It is time to play Smashmouth New England football! We NEED to run the ball more right now. We have a lot of draft picks coming up soon and we need to find out if Maroney is the back of the this team or a wasted pick. You need to give him 20-30 carries a game and see if he produces, if he cant, with an "honest" attempt, then lets draft a guy who can. I personally think the guy is a stud who hasnt got his fair shot due to injuries and the fact that you have Tom Brady. We also need a third and fourth wideout that possess speed to spread a defense and take some of the double coverage away from Moss and Welker. And while you're at it we need a new offensive coordinator or scheme all together. We are too predictable and it shows. Hire Weis again or go after Jon Gruden or some other offensive minded coach.  I understand the secondary is young and full of inexperience but we are also going into week 14 and communication breakdowns cant keep happening. Put Volmer on the left tacle and move Light to the right side and RUN the ball, keep opposing offenses off the field and eat up the clock. When they bring in a strong safety to try and stop the run you can pick them apart with Moss deep or Welker underneath and maybe extend Brady's career by keeping him upright more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Re: Does anyone remember the hit by Bryan Cox on Jerome Pathon in 2001??

any opinions?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: What we lack most is physical play on both sides of the ball!

Yes. I agree. But people on this D would be better served going for a solid, fundamental tackle at this point. Especially in the secondary. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

I'm sick of seeing Moss get out physicalled for the ball when it is the air. The guy is 6'4 and should out fight any corner for the ball

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I agree they are not physical, and I think it starts at the line.  The O line and D line get pushed around.  All good teams can line up in a power formation and get 1-2 yards, The patriots cannot.

I don't think running the football and being physical are synonomous, in 2003 the Pats were one of the worst running teams in NFL history to win a Super Bowl.

Top 5 running teams in the league
    1. N.Y. Jets
    2. Tennessee
    3. Carolina
    4. Miami
    5. New Orleans

Probably only one of those teams makes the playoffs- N.O.
    Worst running team-undefeated Colts, Chargers are ranked 30th.