What will it take..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

What will it take..

to get brady to play at an elite level in the playoffs? he has shown year after year that he is still elite and still puts up very good numbers in the regular season. during that time, everyone is happy with the offense and the weapons brady has around him. then come the afc title games, brady decided he wants to take those games off. so i ask what can the pats do to get mr. brady out of this funk?

this isnt about the defense, the opinions on that will vary, many of you loons think its all their fault, thats fine. if you want to be in denial about the offense, then you will continue to be disappointed.

so what do they need?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: What will it take..

A  decent WR and a healthy Gronk

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

A  decent WR and a healthy Gronk

lloyd and welker are more than decent, but the gronk injury did hurt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think it's up to Tom. He is the Leader at the most important position.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Hurt two years running now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well hopefully gronk is healthy for the playoffs next year if they get that far.....but cant say im too encouraged by seeing some of the things he has done recently.

i understand hes a kid, and i have no problem with him partying....but wrestling with a broken arm?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Execute well in both sides of the ball...sometimes defense do their job stoping the oposite team, but our offense didn`t do their job, we need to execute well in ofense and defense that`s the key...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

1. Deep threat to stretch the field

2. Better game adjustments by McDaniels

3. Brady needs to stop letting it get to his head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

i agree on the deep threat, but who? dwyane bowe?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Thats the problem, is money. I think if they want one they need to use an early pick on one. Unless they let Welker go and use the money on a guy like Bowe. I really don't want to see Wallace here, overated imo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Thats the problem, is money. I think if they want one they need to use an early pick on one. Unless they let Welker go and use the money on a guy like Bowe. I really don't want to see Wallace here, overated imo

yea i agree that wallace is overrated....we'll have to see i guess. maybe BB can find someone in the draft, but he has had much more success signing and trading for receivers then drafting them....i think thats pretty evident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I don't think I can do a better job then McDaniels by any means. It seems as though he doesn't change it up enough if something isn't working.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

"If" Tom is to play another 3/4 years (and I'm still not convinced he will) he should himself realize he's nearing the end and re-double all his efforts to get himself in tip top shape for one last hurrah. Last time the Herald snapped him and the Misses at the beach Tom was looking a bit "pudgy". Understandable as he's not 25 anymore. But he needs to firm up.

He needs to train more in the off season. Running every day will help. Now I know Tom isn't exactly fleet of foot but someone here, on another post, remarked how Tom juked out Urlacher in a game. I thought yes I actually remember that. Tom's running today has become laughable. He ain't my age but he's still a young man and should beging a running program.

He's been the Man here of this is there can be no doubt. I hope he still has it in him for a few good rodeos but only Tom knows.

And may I say this, I will defend to end that Tom Brady is the best ever, but even I wondered what was going through his mind before the half against Baltimore.

That wasn't vintage Brady....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

yea i agree that wallace is overrated....we'll have to see i guess. maybe BB can find someone in the draft, but he has had much more success signing and trading for receivers then drafting them....i think thats pretty evident.

True. I don't want to see another Chad Jackson. I'm high on Deandre Hopkins if they can land him in the 1st round

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

I don't think I can do a better job then McDaniels by any means. It seems as though he doesn't change it up enough if something isn't working.

yea i mean i thought the gameplan wasnt great in the 2nd half.....but we would have loved the gameplan had they converted on the passing plays. the ridley injury really sucked all the life out of the stadium....the fumble also gave the ravens an easy drive as well.

i like McD, he has a great football mind. but i do agree, he isnt the best at adjusting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

How about Harvin?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

"If" Tom is to play another 3/4 years (and I'm still not convinced he will) he should himself realize he's nearing the end and re-double all his efforts to get himself in tip top shape for one last hurrah. Last time the Herald snapped him and the Misses at the beach Tom was looking a bit "pudgy". Understandable as he's not 25 anymore. But he needs to firm up.

He needs to train more in the off season. Running every day will help. Now I know Tom isn't exactly fleet of foot but someone here, on another post, remarked how Tom juked out Urlacher in a game. I thought yes I actually remember that. Tom's running today has become laughable. He ain't my age but he's still a young man and should beging a running program.

He's been the Man here of this is there can be no doubt. I hope he still has it in him for a few good rodeos but only Tom knows.

And may I say this, I will defend to end that Tom Brady is the best ever, but even I wondered what was going through his mind before the half against Baltimore.

That wasn't vintage Brady....

so basically he is so talented that he hasnt had to train as hard as many players....clearly he isnt fleet of foot, he shouldnt have to be....but there were two plays where even non-athletic people could have walked for the first down....and on the first one brady ran into the ref, on the second one, brady threw the ball away.

you are right it wasnt vintage brady, he hasnt been vintage brady in the playoffs since at least 2006....the broncos and texans games were great, but pretty meaningless when he backed them up with awful performances.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

How about Harvin?

i wouldnt mind him, but i dont think he is the big physical receiver the pats need. as far as a kick returner/punt returner....YES. he would help the pats incredibly....DMC was useless on kick returns and once edelman went down, they depended on welker for punt returns..ugh.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mid to deep field threat

Healthy key players

Welker to remain a Patriot

and better game planning.  It just seems when the Patriots are in the playoffs and SB they play not to lose instead of playing to win.  Here they open it up all year long through the regular season then become very conservative and predictable in the playoffs and SB putting all the pressure on TFB to have a perfect game. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

this guy can play...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwAP2eUUMI

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A Rusty taking a shot at Brady....how original.  How about a Defense that doesn't suck Like it has for the past 8 years.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Tom is pudgy...he himself should see it. He's a busy Man with a life most of us would kill for. It's been quite awhile since Tom claimed the premier parking space at Foxboro. I understand it, he has a wife and kids. The NFL is a young man's league.

His running is almost an embarrasment, he has to be the slowest guy in the league. I'm not looking for sprinter speed but if he went on a running regimine it would help him.

As I said it's up to Tom. Only he knows in his heart how many more walls he's willing to run into at this point.

But you can't give him a free pass either. The Team revolves around him and he is the straw that stirs the drink.

The Tom Brady that lead the Team down the field in 02 ain't the Brady that looked like he did not know what was going on prior to the half against Baltimore.

When my Company is up against it we hold all accountable, no one gets a free pass regardless of seniority.

Everyone on that TEAM needs to think about how they can do more and Tom, being the Leader, is at the TOP of that list.

Not a damnation of Tom at all....just the hard truth if your 30 something looking to play in the NFL against younger Men looking to take your head off.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

A Rusty taking a shot at Brady....how original.  How about a Defense that doesn't suck Like it has for the past 8 years.  

its a simple question....others have replied.

but cant say im surprised, its not like you add anything positive to this forum anyway....you are just babe's little puppet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Sounds great....only one tennie tiny problem....this Team is built as an offensive jugernaught not a defensive powerhouse.

If you want to put all the CAP money on defensive side of the ball I got no problem with that. However you can't have a QB taking up 21 Mil in CAP space. You will need a average, hold the fort QB, and a killer defense.

As long as Tom is here this will be an offensive team, just the way it is.