What would be your perfect offseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What would be your perfect offseason

Thought it would interesting to see what everyones perfect offseason would be. The only requirement is that it has to be atleast somewhat realistic. Ie. resigning Brady, Wilfork then signing Peppers and trading for Boldin is a bit unrealistic or drafting top 15 picks in the 2nd round.

For me:

Resignings extensions -

Wilfork resigned long term
    Mankins extension long term
    Brady extension long term
    Bodden resigned 2-3 years
    Gostkowski extension long term
    TBC resigned 2-3 years

Signings/Trades -

Kevin Walter 3-4 yr deal
    #22 and AD traded to Tampa for #42, #67, and #150
    #67, 4th next year traded to Cinn for Evan Mathis

Draft -

#42 Ryan Mathews RB
    #44 Ricky Sapp DE/OLB
    #47 Segio Kindle DE/OLB
    #53 Mike Neal DE/DT
    #116 Jared Veldheer OT
    #150 Tim Tebow QB (I have no clue how far he will fall but it's the fifth any player taken here is a toss up so might as well take the player I want)
    #181 Jeremy Boone P
    Haven't read up enough on later round talent to make a good guess on a 7th round

I know a RFA is a very long shot, esp a good G but I'd be completely happy with this offseason

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: What would be your perfect offseason

Gillette announces free beer at all games

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re-sign Bodden, Extend Brady, Trade Wilfork for Brandon Marshall, switch to a 4-3,
    sign LaDanian Tomlinson to a modest contract, make him wear a purple skirt to all games and keep him on the bench,  because he is so "classy". 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

scrap drafting tebow that's for sure, i'd like to see them get a big qb and start grooming him to reolace brady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

"#22 and AD traded to Tampa for #42, #67, and #150"

Not realistic. This is the gayest thread started.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I can agree with trading for Brandon Marshall and picking up L.T.   I would also grab T.O.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

this thread had potential, but people are not even realistic in their ideas

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: What would be your perfect offseason:
    "#22 and AD traded to Tampa for #42, #67, and #150" Not realistic. This is the gayest thread started.
    Posted by timsandra

Explain how it's unrealistic instead of just saying that. Even though I don't completely believe in the point chart it does match up well and Tampa is looking to rebuild on D which a former Ravens LB fits into their defensive system pretty well. Put him next to Rudd and he could become a beast again

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

this thread had potential, but people are not even realistic in their ideas
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

OK how about free beer until haltimeCool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

My perfect offseason would have Vince tagged and traded. This would change the overall philosophy on defense from a 3-4 to more of a Nickel Hybrid as the base defense. Have more pass rushers up front and less run stoppers. I don't want Peppers because there will be a cap again at some point and he will handcuff this team with his contract. Rather find players in the draft and develop them in the system.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

im with you

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Hit the lotto.......Buy the Jets............ship them to Siberia...........along with Leon!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to What would be your perfect offseason:
    Thought it would interesting to see what everyones perfect offseason would be. The only requirement is that it has to be atleast somewhat realistic...Posted by PatsEng

Well, in that case I suppose having NEGame's exhibitionist belly dancing twin sister buy the house next door to mine probably doesn't qualify...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to What would be your perfect offseason : Well, in that case I suppose having NEGame's exhibitionist belly dancing twin sister buy the house next door to mine probably doesn't qualify...
    Posted by Muzwell

Yeah sorry man it doesn't, cause they already moved in next to me. You're welcome to stop by if you like, though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Getting sick of hitting Megan Fox every day and night and finally kicking her extremely hot tush out of my house.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to What would be your perfect offseason : Well, in that case I suppose having NEGame's exhibitionist belly dancing twin sister buy the house next door to mine probably doesn't qualify...
    Posted by Muzwell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I agree with the idea of franchising then trading Wilfork. I think I read it on this forum and the post sourced Gasper as saying the Pats could at least get a 1st and a 3rd for Wilfork. I think BB can get that and a 2nd. And who knows maybe that 1st is from the Chiefs and we can trade back to get more picks. Trade Vince Wilfork to the Chiefs for the 5th, 36th and 52nd. Trade a Conditional 2nd/3rd in 2011 for Anquan Boldin. Sign Dunta Robinson and Leigh Bodden. Make moves at the draft. Trade the 5th pick to SF for 13, 16, and a third. SF can get their QB in Sam Bradford. Trade 16th and a 2nd next year to move up to 10th. Select Derrick Morgan. 13th- Select Rolando McClain. 22nd- Select Carlos Dunlap. Trade 49th and 56th to Dallas for 27th overall 27th- Select Terrence Cody.  36th- Select Ryan Mathews. 44th- Select Greg Hardy. 52nd- Select Chad Jones. 3rd round- Rob Gronkowski... That is the ideal... Probably NOT gonna happen...
    Posted by Bostonman1025
    I might be crazy but if you mix in an OL in that group and remove just one player from all your defensive players you might be right. I'll just have to assume that you have Mankins re-signing...Dunlap,Cody,McClain and Matthews all come from the tree schools so you can be sure that they are high on BB's board even without all the hoopla. There are other players on each of these teams that BB would love to be able to draft. Haden,Spikes,Hernandez,Tebow,Cunningham,James,Pouncey,Nelson and Stamper. Iowa has a few players the Patriots will look at AngererLB,Calloway OT,Doering OL,Kuemper OL,Richardson OL,AJ Edds LB,Stross WR,Spading TE,Herbst CB,Griswald FB and Geary DL.Bama's other players who will be coming out are :Jackson CB,Dedeadrick DL,Mike Johnson OL,Colin Peek TE,Arenas CB and Leigh Tiffin K. Not much leaving Fresno State other than the ones previously mentioned Matthews and Miller a pair of RB's. The other school here in Florida that BB likes players from USF has a few really blue chip players coming out Nate Allen S,Joe Murphy CB,Selvie OLB/De,and Pierre-Paul OLB all four are above average players.So as you can see the tree schools are producing major numbers so BB can branch out and rebuild from players that already have had practical experience in his system just by looking to his former Co-Coaches..

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrfreeze37803. Show mrfreeze37803's posts

For me:

Resignings:

Mankins (5 years)
    Bodden (2 years)
    Gostkowski (5 years)
    TBC (2 years)
    Extensions:
    Moss (2 years)
    Brady (3 years)

Signings/Trades -

Karlos Dansby 3-4 yr deal
    Matt Light traded to Kansas City for #68
    #42, and Wilfork traded to Denver for Brandon Marshall & #11
    Laurence Maroney & #116 traded to San Diego for Antonio Cromartie

Draft -

#11 CJ Spiller RB
    #22 Brandon Spikes ILB
    #47 Terrence Cody DT
    #53 Greg Hardy DE/OLB
    #68 Jared Veldheer OT
    #150 George Selvie DE/OLB

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to What would be your perfect offseason:
    Thought it would interesting to see what everyones perfect offseason would be. The only requirement is that it has to be atleast somewhat realistic. Ie. resigning Brady, Wilfork then signing Peppers and trading for Boldin is a bit unrealistic or drafting top 15 picks in the 2nd round. For me: Resignings extensions - Wilfork resigned long term Mankins extension long term Brady extension long term Bodden resigned 2-3 years Gostkowski extension long term TBC resigned 2-3 years Signings/Trades - Kevin Walter 3-4 yr deal #22 and AD traded to Tampa for #42, #67, and #150 #67, 4th next year traded to Cinn for Evan Mathis Draft - #42 Ryan Mathews RB #44 Ricky Sapp DE/OLB #47 Segio Kindle DE/OLB #53 Mike Neal DE/DT #116 Jared Veldheer OT #150 Tim Tebow QB (I have no clue how far he will fall but it's the fifth any player taken here is a toss up so might as well take the player I want) #181 Jeremy Boone P Haven't read up enough on later round talent to make a good guess on a 7th round I know a RFA is a very long shot, esp a good G but I'd be completely happy with this offseason
    Posted by PatsEng

OK... First I have to say it might be unrealistic to expect the Patriots to do everything you mentioned in your post as being unrealistic I submit that it could all be done. .. Will it? Unlikely but not unrealistic. Unrealistic would be Signing everyone of their free agents to long term contracts and Trading for Boldin and signing Peppers and getting a first round pick for Laura.

Now that that is off my chest here is what I see as a successful off season:
    Sign WIlfork and Mankins long term along with extending Brady's deal.  Use draft Pick #22 and #43 I think it is (the fiirst two picks) on RB and OLB/DE in either order depending on draft board. Use #48 I think it is for getting Boldin and then work on a long term deal with him realising Moss is gone in 2011. Then use #53 I think it is for OG or OT or WR or TE or FB or any defensive position except S depending on the draft board.  
    Beyond that I want to see the Patriots draft a Punter (in another thread I listed 3 top punting prospects with my favorite) to improve that facet of the game. 
    As far as coaching I am ok with no Coordinators but I hope they have the right coaches in place to improve Special teams.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Oh Crap I forgot they must resign Bodden if they want to have any shot at defending the pass in 2010. and franchise Gost to give them another year to work out a long term deal.