What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel "real" good about the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel "real" good about the Pats?

The pre-season didn't give us much at all and the cut down of the roster to the obligatory 53 man roster gave us some surprises.  This Sunday the "real" season begins and reality can start setting in about the Patriots and their prospects for the 2012 season.  We all know the mantra regarding the phrase, "On any given Sunday." and Tennessee can definitely make this a reality playing at home versus the Pats.  The season is 16 games long and regardless of what happens this Sunday, there will be posts here of doom and gloom.  So, what do we want to see that can make us feel "real" good about the Pats prospects for 2012 now that the game counts?  My two cents:

1.  The Pats HAVE a running game so they can eat up clock.  Yes, it's nice to score quick, but, do by doing it in too little time gives the opponent more possessions to eat up the clock.
    2.  The D can more consistently force some 3 and outs in a game and late in a game, too.
    3.  Extreme unpredictabilty on offense.. the opponent will have no idea what the Pats will do versus all passing and few runs like we saw last season.
    4.  How about not a single 3rd and long situation that results in a first down for the opponent?  Last season, I could hear those groans in NE all the way down here in MD!!
    5.  A shut out would be nice for a good start for the D! (wishful thinking, here)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel

1) no sacks on Brady
    2) 140 yards on the ground
    3) defensive turnover
    4) big kick return (punt or kick off)
    5) Lloyd 5 receptions

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I want good defense and see solid pressure and better 3rd down coverage.

TD's for Lloyd

Brady doesn't get sacked

Better kick returns.

100+ all purpose yards from Ridley

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Simple----- 4 things in this order      1)   Solid Offensive line play,( have to keep the Franchise alive or the seasons over before it starts)         2)    A PASS Rush PLEASE!       3)   A running game to keep the pressure off the Franchise      and    4)  A semblence of a PASSING DEFENSE--please no swiss cheese passing D this year,(not asking for top 5 but at least somewhere in the middle of the pack------top 14 would be nice!)    ----   if this happens I will be very pleased.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The more I think about the Hooman signing the more it makes sense. Remember when it was 2nd and 1 and they ran the ball to the left side 3 times and couldn't get a single yard? Well Hooman is essentially the size of a small T. He might be listed at 263 but I think he's closer to 300 then 260. Maybe he's the blocking FB/run blocking 3rd TE on the left side? Would improve our running game on short yardage

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

1- A W
    2- no sacks allow
    3- 4+ sacks from the D
    4- no injuries
    5- A Rain of Spiked Balls= Gronk and Hernandez Scoring TD's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

1.  A running game
    2.  A screen every once in a while that goes for minimum of 7 yards
    3.  No sacks given up, 3 made on by our D
    4.  Keeping Johnson under 100 yards
    5.  3 receptions by all eligible receivers (Lloyd, Welker, Hernandez, Gronk)--with 2 TDs by one of the named 4)
    6.  A defensive turnover
    7.  The starters out of the game by the early 4th quarter (KG playing management of our valued starters)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Solid offensive line play, how well will they protect Brady. They should be okay but we have to see it. I'd like to see a running game, 150 yards and a few screen passes. I think that this defense will start the year decent but become a top 5 D by the end of the season. Nearly every year, including last season, BB's defenses improve as the season goes and peaks by the end of the season. 

That said the first week of the season is always crazy, there are some big upsets, teams that look great that end up being bad and visa versa. The Patriots are usually ready for the openers. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Understand, Mighty.  But, from this year's team, what surprises will make you fell real good, something we haven't seen in a while?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Win the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

DEFENSE

Pressure on Locker.

Don't give up 3rd and longs(or shorts for that matter).

A CB to step up, I hope Ras I.

OFFENSE

Multiple offensive looks. Doesn't matter if we don't score 40 points. Start mixing things up to be ready for tough post season defense's.

Stevan Ridley to become a lead back. Love to see 20 carries from Ridley for 93 yards and a td. Work the ground game, show DC's a different look to our offense.

Ryan Wendell to play consistent and make the right adjustments......the center postion is more important then the LT position on this team imo. You can't make mistakes. Lot of pressure on this kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would have edited, but consistent safety play...that might come later though as Gregory and Chung are playing together for 1st time. Safety play will dictate how effective our secondary is imo. These guys have to be in the right position to make plays and help the CB's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Notice, TrueChamp, we no longer have the ability to edit our posts to eliminate mispellings etc..  Hate that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Keep Brady upright and get some pressure from the front four.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Notice, TrueChamp, we no longer have the ability to edit our posts to eliminate mispellings etc..  Hate that!

Pain in the _ _ _. At least I don't get signed out everytime I leave the site now. Still lot of kinks to work out though, and the season starts tonight!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Since I live in upstate NY I'll get the Bills/Jets instead of the Pats. Watching them will make me feel good about my Pats.

Shhhhh I will be illegally streaming them

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Understand, Mighty.  But, from this year's team, what surprises will make you fell real good, something we haven't seen in a while?

How about the proper and timely use of runs, screens and play action to keep the opponent's D from constantly blitzing Brady.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

This is a test.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In respone to NCPatsFan1971' comment:

This is a tet.

Typed a respone on another thread and it told me that the letter between r and t was a banned word.  

And now it doing it again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Apparently half of the English language is now banned

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Seastixholdersince1971. Show Seastixholdersince1971's posts

I would like to see them control the game from the beginning.Lets take a lead and never lose it. Score about 38 points and hold the Titans to 10 points. Brady has 3 TD passes, 1 special teams or defensive TD. And of course no major injuries....Not asking for too much AAAAA.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I hope so because it looks like Vereen is already having injury issues