What's on your Sunday menu - Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

What's on your Sunday menu - Part II

Love having the late game!  Gives me the chance to put the kids to bed, send the wife to our room, and focus my entire being on watching the Pats with nobody interupting me!

It also gives me extra time to prepare my meal for the game.  Here's what I have on tap:

Probably rake the leafs and play with the kids during the 1:00 games.  I'll then start preparing my meal around 4:00.  This week will be cajun fish tacos with plenty of cold corona's to wash them down!  I know, I know...  I should be BBQ'ing some sort of red meat like a real man, but I have to say...  my good friend is a chef who turned me on to these and I highly recommend. 

Here's a recipe that is similar to mine:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fiery-fish-tacos-with-crunchy-corn-salsa/detail.aspx

Nothing better than fall in New England with a game on TV and a meal on the stove!

Cheers everyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: What's on your Sunday menu - Part II

I love food...lol. For football games...gotta have buffalo wings with either blue cheese or ranch dressing. I could eat  a lb by myself....lol

SB menu is much different tho - cuz it's more of a social thing involving peeps who might not even regularly watch football.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Can't go wrong with the wings Bubba!  They're like a loyal old dog that never lets you down!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: What's on your Sunday menu - Part II:
    [QUOTE]Can't go wrong with the wings Bubba!  They're like a loyal old dog that never lets you down!
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

The spicier, the better. If it don't make you cry....it's not hot enuf!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

So hot that tucks medicated wipes are a requirment!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Dude, I have a Picnic Shoulder that I'm going to do a Kansas City rub and slow roast for about 12 hours. Making up Ciabatta roll pulled pork sandwiches with caramelized peppers and onions and Jalapeno Jack cheese. I'm currently soaking Navy beans for some home home made Boston Baked Beans with smoked ham and I'l be doing some Kentucky fried Chicken cole slaw as a possible topping for the pulled pork sandwich. For a carbohydrate rush I'll also be making up some fresh cut Fries  with chilli and cheese on top if necessary. Beverage of Choice for the game..Bourbon and Ginger.

That is all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, I have a Picnic Shoulder that I'm going to do a Kansas City rub and slow roast for about 12 hours. Making up Ciabatta roll pulled pork sandwiches with caramelized peppers and onions and Jalapeno Jack cheese. I'm currently soaking Navy beans for some home home made Boston Baked Beans with smoked ham and I'l be doing some Kentucky fried Chicken cole slaw as a possible topping for the pulled pork sandwich. For a carbohydrate rush I'll also be making up some fresh cut Fries  with chilli and cheese on top if necessary. Beverage of Choice for the game..Bourbon and Ginger. That is all
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Damn Rerun!  I challange anyone here to come up with a better game day spread than this!  Well done my friend!  Enjoy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's on your Sunday menu - Part II : Damn Rerun!  I challange anyone here to come up with a better game day spread than this!  Well done my friend!  Enjoy!

Thanks, That what I do on weekends!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

dayum, it's only saturday morning and you guys are making me hungry. Just got back from New Orleans a couple of weeks ago.  This restaurant had these slow cooked lamb ribs with a dry rub and a jelly-pepper sauce. The meat just fell right off the bone and the meat was tender and juicy.  The sauce was sweet for about 15 seconds...then the pepper kicked in. Not hot hot, but a nice little after taste that left me wanting more.   I ended up ordering another appetizer for dessert, cuz I knew I probably wouldn't be back....lol Laughing

dayum you all!!!!  Laughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Nothing special for me this weekend. I am playing 27 holes on Sunday and will stop on the way home to pick something up. Food options in Northern VA is slim. Peolpe here think Subway makes a great sub. What a joke. 

Golf all day and then watch the Pats in primetime. Great day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing special for me this weekend. I am playing 27 holes on Sunday and will stop on the way home to pick something up. Food options in Northern VA is slim. Peolpe here think Subway makes a great sub. What a joke.  Golf all day and then watch the Pats in primetime. Great day!
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

Hub:  Alternating a great day of golf in the mid-atlantic over a well planned meal on gameday is perfectly acceptable!

Subway is a tough call though...  There has to be another place  that will hit the spot for you.  I'd tale the McRib sangwich from McDonalds over Subway! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I may go with Five Guys followed by wings that can be enjoyed in the second half.
    My wife may cook as well. Then the menu is, chicken parm, homemade pasta fresh bread followed by about 4 brownies.

I just hope the Pats can end the day on a good note. I am playing golf with a huge JETS fan so that will be fun as well. Lot's of talk and only one us will want to talk about the game on Monday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]I may go with Five Guys followed by wings that can be enjoyed in the second half. My wife may cook as well. Then the menu is, chicken parm, homemade pasta fresh bread followed by about 4 brownies. I just hope the Pats can end the day on a good note. I am playing golf with a huge JETS fan so that will be fun as well. Lot's of talk and only one us will want to talk about the game on Monday.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]

Your wife must be an "eye-talian".  I have one of those also and have the gut to prove it!

Enjoy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to What's on your Sunday menu - Part II:
    [QUOTE]Love having the late game!  Gives me the chance to put the kids to bed, send the wife to our room, and focus my entire being on watching the Pats with nobody interupting me! It also gives me extra time to prepare my meal for the game.  Here's what I have on tap: Probably rake the leafs and play with the kids during the 1:00 games.  I'll then start preparing my meal around 4:00.  This week will be cajun fish tacos with plenty of cold corona's to wash them down!  I know, I know...  I should be BBQ'ing some sort of red meat like a real man, but I have to say...  my good friend is a chef who turned me on to these and I highly recommend.  Here's a recipe that is similar to mine:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fiery-fish-tacos-with-crunchy-corn-salsa/detail.aspx Nothing better than fall in New England with a game on TV and a meal on the stove! Cheers everyone!

Wait, let me get this straight... Your wife actually goes to your room and stays there for the game and doesn't come out and interupt you without any restraints? I usually have to chain my gf to the furnace in the basement

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]dayum, it's only saturday morning and you guys are making me hungry. Just got back from New Orleans a couple of weeks ago.  This restaurant had these slow cooked lamb ribs with a dry rub and a jelly-pepper sauce. The meat just fell right off the bone and the meat was tender and juicy.  The sauce was sweet for about 15 seconds...then the pepper kicked in. Not hot hot, but a nice little after taste that left me wanting more.   I ended up ordering another appetizer for dessert, cuz I knew I probably wouldn't be back....lol dayum you all!!!! 
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

When you go to New Orleans you have to be a Glutton. I can't get enough Shrimp and oysters to ever satisfy me and Nobody does it better than down there. Give me a restaurant that has good oysters on the half shell and Shrimp cocktail for an appetizer and then allows me to order a huge Shrimp and oyster Poor Boy for the main course and I'll buy stock in the place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Home cheese.......that's funny.

I have a man cave and the wife and kids stay upstairs for the most part.

70" tv flanked by 2 32" tv's so I can watch three games at a time. The redzone is usally on one tv.
    Sunday night it's all Pats while the other tv's are set to highlights.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I may go with Five Guys followed by wings that can be enjoyed in the second half. My wife may cook as well. Then the menu is, chicken parm, homemade pasta fresh bread followed by about 4 brownies. I just hope the Pats can end the day on a good note. I am playing golf with a huge JETS fan so that will be fun as well. Lot's of talk and only one us will want to talk about the game on Monday.
    Posted by thehub[/QUOTE]
    Five Guys used to be reasonable in cost, but not anymore. Plus, they're rushing things now...not even waiting for the cheese to melt...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What's on your Sunday menu - Part II : Wait, let me get this straight... Your wife actually goes to your room and stays there for the game and doesn't come out and interupt you without any restraints? I usually have to chain my gf to the furnace in the basement
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's correct.  I've always debated whether I wanted a gal who was into football like I am but I've come to the conclusion, I'm happy she has no interest.  Having a wife and couple kids, it's hard to have any "my time".  The late game allows me to enjoy the game like the old days - highly intoxicated with a full belly and with my pants unbuttoned! !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Deluxbury, great fish taco recipe. The only item I add to that is sliced Avocado.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Bumping this back up for the Super Bowl!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]Bumping this back up for the Super Bowl!!!
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Good thinking.

I was just reading my above menu and laughing because my superbowl menu will be very similar. All of the above, but add Buffalo wings and Jumbo Shrimp cocktail.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's on your Sunday menu - Part II : Good thinking. I was just reading my above menu and laughing because my superbowl menu will be very similar. All of the above, but add Buffalo wings and Jumbo Shrimp cocktail.

Laughing yep, buffalo wings and shrimp cocktail is def on my menu....

I think about 3-4 weeks ago...i posted a thread w/ recipes...but it didn't go over too well Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Good question...i'm not sure what's on the menu.  Standard game fare I'm sure.  I have a bottle of champagne that I bought the morning of February 3rd, 2008.  I'm leaving it at home.

One thing that always nails me for food is Doritos...I can't get enough of them.  Sooooooo good...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, I have a Picnic Shoulder that I'm going to do a Kansas City rub and slow roast for about 12 hours. Making up Ciabatta roll pulled pork sandwiches with caramelized peppers and onions and Jalapeno Jack cheese. I'm currently soaking Navy beans for some home home made Boston Baked Beans with smoked ham and I'l be doing some Kentucky fried Chicken cole slaw as a possible topping for the pulled pork sandwich. For a carbohydrate rush I'll also be making up some fresh cut Fries  with chilli and cheese on top if necessary. Beverage of Choice for the game..Bourbon and Ginger. That is all

I guess there's finally now a suitable rival contender with me and my menu of a 6 month old bag of half-eaten Utz potato chips, complimented by polishing off the inch and half flat backwash remainders of the 3 soda bottles still languishing in my fridge... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What's on your Sunday menu - Part II : Wait, let me get this straight... Your wife actually goes to your room and stays there for the game and doesn't come out and interupt you without any restraints? I usually have to chain my gf to the furnace in the basement
    Posted by Homecheese[/QUOTE]

Because ya wanna be left alone to watch football, or was there-.....???