What's the deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

What's the deal?

I can't believe how out of hand the fines have gotten. Every week the Patriots seem to get the most ridiculous fines of all. Roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness and taunting this week by Warren, Mankins and Meriweather. Isn't the 15 yard penalty and giving up a game losing TD enough of a punishment? Is Bill Polian in charge of assessing fines?

How on earth can taunting be a fine of any kind? Did it hurt someones feelings?

Obviously, the games are not as fun to watch because you got to wait and see if a big sack or a long bomb correctly defended draws the pu$zz$y flag. Can't get excited for a big play on D anymore until the dreaded official ruling.

Yet the most vicious hit last week in Denver was the spear on Welker, and you guessed it, no penalty, no fine.

Not much us fans can do but watch the best game on earth deteriorate into a game of fairy football for hoe moes. Players can only play how their taught to play but the refs/rule makers have been deciding who wins championships since 2005 and it gets worse every year.

MMA will overtake the NFL soon as the number 1 real mans sport.

Thoughts? (except for UD, who cares what he thinks)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: What's the deal?

In Response to What's the deal?:
    [QUOTE]I can't believe how out of hand the fines have gotten. Every week the Patriots seem to get the most ridiculous fines of all. Roughing the passer, unnecessary roughness and taunting this week by Warren, Mankins and Meriweather. Isn't the 15 yard penalty and giving up a game losing TD enough of a punishment? Is Bill Polian in charge of assessing fines? How on earth can taunting be a fine of any kind? Did it hurt someones feelings? Obviously, the games are not as fun to watch because you got to wait and see if a big sack or a long bomb correctly defended draws the pu$zz$y flag. Can't get excited for a big play on D anymore until the dreaded official ruling. Yet the most vicious hit last week in Denver was the spear on Welker, and you guessed it, no penalty, no fine. Not much us fans can do but watch the best game on earth deteriorate into a game of fairy football for hoe moes. Players can only play how their taught to play but the refs/rule makers have been deciding who wins championships since 2005 and it gets worse every year. MMA will overtake the NFL soon as the number 1 real mans sport. Thoughts? (except for UD, who cares what he thinks)
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

I'd have to see the fines handed out to date. I know most of the questionable hits, I watch every game every week but I have to admit I haven't been following up on the fines levied after the fact. 
    Did Suggs get nailed for the hit on Brady? What about Vaner(whatever) on Manning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Sam, great name, the hits at or below the knees on QB's obviously should be a fine.

The biggest problem is consistency for all, if the fines were consistent there would at least be some common ground, for example, did you see Welker get speared in the back by a denver defenders helmet? If fines were consistently assessed fairly for all i would adapt, but there is no consistency/fairness as this example illustrates.

What's worse, no penalty/fine for spearing or a 7,500 dollar fine for taunting???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In Response to Re: What's the deal?:
    [QUOTE]Sam, great name, the hits at or below the knees on QB's obviously should be a fine.  The biggest problem is consistency for all, if the fines were consistent there would at least be some common ground, for example, did you see Welker get speared in the back by a denver defenders helmet? If fines were consistently assessed fairly for all i would adapt, but there is no consistency/fairness as this example illustrates. What's worse, no penalty/fine for spearing or a 7,500 dollar fine for taunting???
    I totally agree!  This year more than ever, I find myself not even being excited when we make a great plaly on D.  I find myself holding my breath and waiting for the dreaded flag.  If the NFL thinks they can make the game any safer, and still draw the fans in, they are sadly mistaken.  They are losing fans, and players by the minute.  Roger Goodell has made the NFL into a joke between the inconsistency, favoritism, and wussifying of the game!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Sam, great name, the hits at or below the knees on QB's obviously should be a fine.  The biggest problem is consistency for all, if the fines were consistent there would at least be some common ground, for example, did you see Welker get speared in the back by a denver defenders helmet? If fines were consistently assessed fairly for all i would adapt, but there is no consistency/fairness as this example illustrates. What's worse, no penalty/fine for spearing or a 7,500 dollar fine for taunting???

I can't believe they fined him for taunting. He must have been saying something pretty nasty? Maybe it was a make up call for all the flack the refs took for the TB hit the week before?
    That's why I'd like to get an idea of what the leagues handed out so far so I could form an opinion. Do you have a link?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the deal? : I can't believe they fined him for taunting. He must have been saying something pretty nasty? Maybe it was a make up call for all the flack the refs took for the TB hit the week before? That's why I'd like to get an idea of what the leagues handed out so far so I could form an opinion. Do you have a link?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I was surprised by the taunting fine, too.

I'd be curious to see shots of each time Eddie Royal taunted Patriots players after each catch he made.

I'd also be curious to see a nice montage of all the Broncos players who asked for flags on various plays after Brady was criticized so much for doing that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's the deal?  Roger Goodell has made the NFL into a joke between the inconsistency, favoritism, and wussifying of the game!!
    Posted by theshinez[/QUOTE]

It's not just Goodell, it's the competition committee and the coaches committee which is basically run by anti Patriots members.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

New fines!

Eagles :
    Victor Abiamiri - $5k slapping Josh Johnson in the face
    Asante Samuel - $5k facemasking Derrick Ward
    Omar Gaither - $5k hitting Michael Clayton out of bounds

Vikings:
    Artis Hicks - $5k Unnecessary roughness

Titans:
    Kyle Vanden Bosch - $5k hitting Peyton

Cowboys:
    Alan Ball - $5k Unnecessary roughness

Ravens
    Ray Lewis - $25k - Being Ray Lewis

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This is an older fine from a few weeks ago but struck me funny.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/09/25/nfl-fines-sheldon-brown-10k-for-wearing-jason-mask/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

It seems like double jeopardy to me. You shouldn't get a penalty AND a fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The crazy thing is, Merriweather gets a taunting call on a play where no one got hurt; Welker got speared pretty badly and no fine was given out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]It seems like double jeopardy to me. You shouldn't get a penalty AND a fine.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this is the newer, kinder, gentler nfl. Defenses are 2nd class citizens and that is sad. Fines should be fair and consistent for all and as we see week to week, they are most certainly not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

This is what the Pats needed to get them focused. I hope thay play Denver in the playoffs and beat the soundly. In Denver!