Wheatley/Wilhite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Wheatley/Wilhite

I was wondering if anyone paid any attention to them last night. I noticed a few good plays from each, and Wheatley led the team with 6 tackles (doesn't count assisted tackles). They each seemed to be playing more physical games and didn't look terrible. Wilhite made one great play where he hit the receiver at the perfect time to force an incomplete pass, and wheatley had a nice goal-line break up and did well against the run.

My question is: Where do they fit on this team? With Bodden, Butler, and McCourty the CB position is now very deep. Does the team keep either Wheatley or Wilhite? Does it keep both? What were your impressions of them last night?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Re: Wheatley/Wilhite

One of these guys makes the cut. I thought Wheatley looked better last night. Hopefully Wheately got stronger in the offseason program because he has a history of getting injued. I'm betting McCourtey passes up all the CBs and ends up starting before the season is out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Wilhite still looks like a fifth corner to me judging from last night's total performance. Wheatley looked like he could be a fourth corner or a solid nickel player, for seeing him healthy for the first time in a while he looked like he developed a bit and made some decent plays.

I am going to guess that McCourty wins LCB outright, Bodden stays where he is, Butler starts Nick. The other two will compete for time in dime sets etc. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Wilhite had one big hit, that I thought was a hair early.  Then he got picked on for consecutive big plays on a Saints TD drive.  Sorry but the guy does not have NFL game.

Wheatley did fine and I would have him ahead of Wilhite then again I have Potato Skins ahead of Wilhite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm watching the game again right now on the NFL Network and I actually have noticed Wheatley more the 2nd time around. I'd give Wheatley the edge on defense and I definitely think he's better on special teams. I think Wheatley makes the team because of his special teams play and I think Willhite will be a late casualty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

In Response to Re: Wheatley/Wilhite:
    [QUOTE]Wilhite had one big hit, that I thought was a hair early.  Then he got picked on for consecutive big plays on a Saints TD drive.  Sorry but the guy does not have NFL game. Wheatley did fine and I would have him ahead of Wilhite then again I have Potato Skins ahead of Wilhite.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    MMMMMMMM potato skins!.  At least wheatley is the devil we don't know.  Wilhite should be way ahead of him based on the playing time he got last year.  I say Bodden, Butler, McCourtry, 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Wheatley/Wilhite:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching the game again right now on the NFL Network and I actually have noticed Wheatley more the 2nd time around. I'd give Wheatley the edge on defense and I definitely think he's better on special teams. I think Wheatley makes the team because of his special teams play and I think Willhite will be a late casualty.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    I've been watching it a little too and I notice Wheatley a lot more than Wilhite. I originally intended to make the thread only about Wheatley but Wilhite's big hit was still in my mind.

One play Wheatley made that I liked was at the goal line on third down when he got to the Saints QB that was trying to rush in. It was a quick decision and a nice tackle.

If I had to make a guess between the two I'd say that Wheatley would make the team over Wilhite. We all know what Wilhite is capable of, but Wheatley has been hurt and has played pretty well when healthy. I also remember Wheatley making a pick in training camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Wilhite and Wheatley both had positive games last night, but I think Wheatley makes it over Wilhite. 

Russ seems to think the Pats keeping 6 corners. I don't know how this is possible, given they have 4-5 safeties that might be staying, unless they trade 1-2 to make room. 

The defense all of a sudden has depth and decent depth at that. 

I think 5 CB's make the roster, and 4 safeties. At this point, I have Bodden, Butler, McCourty, Wheatley and either Arrington/Wilhite. I have to pick Arrington over Wilhite because of his superb ST's play. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

the team is better off with Wheatley and Wilhite than keeping Slater and Aiken 
    plus,  Sanders should be traded

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think Wheatley had a good game last night for the most part.  I think he makes it, not sure if Wilhite does because I'm not sure if he is a special teamer.  I saw Wheatley out there on ST, and he looks to be a better cover corner than Wilhite. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

nothing like a little competition to get these guys to step up their games! i like wheatley, he showed some real flashes his rookie season before the injuries started. he actually has practice squad availability but i doubt he'd pass waivers. but i also think wilhite isnt as bad as everyone likes to think, he's just not a number 1 or 2 corner. i would probably choose wheatley but the durability issue is a major problem. maybe they can stash wilhite on pup with "the patriots flu" and see if wheatley can survive 6 weeks and go from there.