When did you feel the momentum change?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

When did you feel the momentum change?

I felt a glimmer of hope when Rodgers-Cromartie hurt himself on the last play of the 1st half. What a foolish decision to go for an interception in that situation! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: When did you feel the momentum change?

The Ball fumble.  Gave us a short field with a chance to get it to 10.  We needed a turnover to get back into the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

When the Patriots decided to stop putting the ball on the ground, they actually weren't being out played by Denver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

When Brady picked up his own fumble and completed a pass.  Drive didn't end in a touchdown but it felt like a sense of calm and control was restored.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Opening drive of the 2nd half.  Confirmed that the Pats were beating themselves in the 1st half and that better ball security would make the difference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Ball fumble.  Gave us a short field with a chance to get it to 10.  We needed a turnover to get back into the game.

[/QUOTE]

This is where I was feeling pretty confident we could make a serious run at it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Momentum changed with their 1st drive of the 2nd half. When it was 24-21, I knew it was going to be our night. Even though giving them the ball first in OT scared the crap outta me!! LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

I thought Ryan's interception---and then the Peyton face came out....I knew we had a shot--to not only win, but take over the game.  But, BB had the ultimate guts to defer in OT.  Wow.  4th and 2 should disappear now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think in the stadium that's when it happened for the fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Brady picked up his own fumble and completed a pass.  Drive didn't end in a touchdown but it felt like a sense of calm and control was restored.

[/QUOTE]

+1   

That was the most heads up play, by one of the most heads up players of all time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

When it hit 24-14.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When it hit 24-14.

[/QUOTE]

Same for me, but I was fearful that it will turned into a waste of a valiant comeback effort like last year's game against SF when DEN tied it up with 3 minutes to go and the Pats failed  to sustain a drive to counter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Actually, the way things progressed in the second quarter, the way the first half ended made me pause to think the Pats just need to get one TD drive to get them going.  The Pats held on to be "only" behind 24 - 0 at the end of the half. Do you all recall Denver did punt the ball THREE times in the first half? Denver did not come out of the gate on fire!!  Think about it....

In the first quarter, those 17 points came off of a defensive TD; a short, 10 yard TD drive; followed by a 35 yard drive, which began in Pats territory (how many thought another Bronco TD was going to happen?), for the 27 yard field goal.  As bad as it looked, take that away, were the Broncos gashing the Pats in the first half? The total yards at the half was Broncos 173 - Pats 142.  Not the sign of a dominant first half.  Other than that 70 yard TD drive mid second quarter, Denver really was not "dominating" as one would think for a 24 - 0 first half score.  Only the score made it look that way.  Come the third quarter, the Pats got their mistakes out of the way and rolled over the Broncos in that 3rd quarter.  Who looked dominant now?

Take away those three consecutive turnovers in the first quarter, I wonder, would Denver have even scored 24 points in the first half?  We'll never know, but, I do not believe the team thought they were going to lose, they just had to score some points.  Pats fans on the other hand, weren't they jumping ship on this board big time?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Angel-of-Light's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I felt a glimmer of hope when Rodgers-Cromartie hurt himself on the last play of the 1st half. What a foolish decision to go for an interception in that situation! 

[/QUOTE]

I felt the momentum LEAVE as soon as Ridley fumbled. I felt the momentun came back the minute we scored our 1st TD cuz the confidence was there but the real momentum shift IMO came with Fletchers Forced Fumble. You cant come from down 24 without a couple turnovers to even the differential and once That happened I knew we had a chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When Dane Fletcher put his helmet on the ball and it popped out... we had to score on that opening drive of the 2nd half, knew we could, but having the defense get the ball back was huge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It was the year 2000, shortly after Bill Belichick resigned from his 24 hour long career as HC of the N.Y Jets and became head coach of the N.E Patriots. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

After the TD to Edelman to begin the 3rd. 

Brady was flawless on that drive (7 for 7). It was a quick 3:39 drive. It was extra deflating because the Bronocs were still playing tight man coverage and jockeying to keep NE's main targets (Gronk and Danny Amendola) covered up, and the connections were almost all to third and fourth options: Thompkins; Thompkins; Thompkins; Gronkowski; Vereen; Edelman; Edelman. NE carved them with what they gave them. 

The Broncos were worried immediately -- it set the tone. The Pats (Brady in particular) made it look so easy. The message was, "we still got this."

Everyone played better after that for NE. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HailToTheKing. Show HailToTheKing's posts

Near the end of the 2nd quarter it started to look like the defense seemed like they just said 'enough is enough....no more points will be given up'.  They started to rush better and make Peyton throw a bit quicker and kept him off ballance.  Once TB marched them down for a quick score to open the half.......you just had that 'feeling'.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

When they scored the first TD. From that point, the game was over.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When they scored the first TD. From that point, the game was over.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the first touchdown gave them the momentum and they never looked back