When do you start to blame the coach??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

When do you start to blame the coach??

If this were any other coach than Belichick we would be collectively calling for that coach to be fired. This team at the moment is a ship taking on water and is getting worse not better. The team continues to struggle in the same areas (red zone offense, poor secondary play amongst a few) and no changes are made. Miscaculations on free agent decsions are coming back to haunt them. Springs, Taylor, Burgess, Lewis, Galloway. All moves that have yielded ZERO results for the Pats. Play calling is unimaginative and predictable and overall play is sloppy and team looks confused. I blame the coaching and the staff for at least 75% of the Pats issues right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: When do you start to blame the coach??

I agree.  NE has been known for taking unknowns and making a name for them.  Now all I hear is that "we" dont have this or have that as far as talent is concerned.

What NE doesnt have is a good coaching staff.  Specifically OC and DC. 

But in his defense, due to all the success NE has had this decade they have been completey stripped of talent from the front office to the sidelines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

After 2 losing seasons you start to blame the coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: When do you start to blame the coach??:
    [QUOTE]After 2 losing seasons you start to blame the coach.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

WRONG! You blame the coach when what's being preached in terms of philosophy and approach no longer works and there is no longer player buy-in. You don't wait until complete collapse. Right now the philosophies of the past from the front office to the sidelines is NOT WORKING. It;s going in reverse

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

First of all we have no had a losing season, last year we went 11 and 5 that is a winning season. And this year we have a winnign record and hopefully will still win the div and make teh pakyoffs so no losing seasons just bad play calling.

I get what you are saying its time to question the staff but if you honestly think the answer is getting rid of Belichick you are wrong. This is not the team it used to be but if anyone is going to rebuild a team into a contender its Belichick so instead of calling for his job maybe you should remember that it only takes a year to turn things around and by this time next year you could be praising Belichicks winning ways. So dont jump the gun. And as for Bill Cowher, give me a f*cking break. Cowher cant even hold Belichicks clip board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Everbody's getting older..Belichick..Brady..time marches on. Belichick and this crew may have peaked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hmmm... when can you start to question the HC?  I tend to think it's usually done when a team starts having losing seasons.  To ask that question because we may go 11-5 or 10-6 seems premature.  Aren't we about to break a record for having the most consecutive winning seasons?  There is a reason we are about to break a record; it's hard to do.  All great teams and all great coaches can have a season or two where things don't go so well.  We should be glad that our "bad" season is this good.

Short of having a losing season, the only other thing that will cause me to question BB is if he fails to recognize any of the problems with his staff and fails to address any of them after the season.  

Something I mentioned on another thread.  How long can the same system be in place before it loses its effectiveness?  Does a scheme, no matter how good, have an expiration date?  Could that be part of the problem?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Not taking a chip shot field goal with only 2 minutes in the half has got to be the dumbest call ever. Dumber than the Indy one. It's inexcusable. There is not one thing that can justify that call on the road. It's not rocket science.

" hey coach let's make it a 2 possesion game"

Belichick

"no i've become an arrogant idiot who hates running the ball and I'd rather rely on my offense that isn't really as good as I think it is"

We are not only losing because generally speaking the team is underacheiving but the coaching staff is also not putting them in the best position to win.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

In Response to When do you start to blame the coach??:
    If this were any other coach than Belichick we would be collectively calling for that coach to be fired. This team at the moment is a ship taking on water and is getting worse not better. The team continues to struggle in the same areas (red zone offense, poor secondary play amongst a few) and no changes are made. Miscaculations on free agent decsions are coming back to haunt them. Springs, Taylor, Burgess, Lewis, Galloway. All moves that have yielded ZERO results for the Pats. Play calling is unimaginative and predictable and overall play is sloppy and team looks confused. I blame the coaching and the staff for at least 75% of the Pats issues right now.
    Posted by smorgan86

Blame the Owner!

No I don't hate Mr. Kraft! I just believe he deserves the Lions share of the blame! It's his Money! His Team! You can't keep letting good players leave just because you don't want to pay them, cap or no cap , sign cap friendly contracts and give bigger bonuses instead,but keep the talent level up! Where's Waldo (Vince Wilfork) gonna be next year! Probably not in Foxborough! See what I mean!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

He is a fans coach? Are you joking? Guys who yuck it up with teh media and give away all kinds of detaisl when a guy gets hurt is a fans coach....Bill Belichick is not a fans coach. He couldnt care less what we think, he did not care when we all said get rid of Cassel and trade for some veteran and he wont listen to us now because he is a coaches coach not a fans coach.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I may be completely blind but I don't know if I'll ever blame Belichick. I may blame the assistants but not him. His only fault may be that he promotes from within instead of bringing in established talent. I figure we have 3 Super Bowls. The guy didn't just wake up one morning and forget how to be a great head coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]I may be completely blind but I don't know if I'll ever blame Belichick. I may blame the assistants but not him. His only fault may be that he promotes from within instead of bringing in established talent. I figure we have 3 Super Bowls. The guy didn't just wake up one morning and forget how to be a great head coach.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

Then who do you blame for poor decisions on draft picks and especially free agents which recently have been atrocious?? A great coach does not always make a great GM. He may not have forgotten how to coach but remember he calls all the other shots as well and these decisions are hurting the Pats right now. Recall the knock on BB in Cleveland was that he was horrible at picking players. sure he's had some great pick-ups, no doubt, but sports success is measured in "what have you done latelys"..sorry, BB is to blame

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Actually, BB is to blame for the deficiency of his DC and QBs coach.

This team as no OC and Pees' tenure has been disaterous.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to When do you start to blame the coach??:
    [QUOTE]If this were any other coach than Belichick we would be collectively calling for that coach to be fired. This team at the moment is a ship taking on water and is getting worse not better. The team continues to struggle in the same areas (red zone offense, poor secondary play amongst a few) and no changes are made. Miscaculations on free agent decsions are coming back to haunt them. Springs, Taylor, Burgess, Lewis, Galloway. All moves that have yielded ZERO results for the Pats. Play calling is unimaginative and predictable and overall play is sloppy and team looks confused. I blame the coaching and the staff for at least 75% of the Pats issues right now.
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I blamed BB after our SB loss vs. the Giants.....lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When do you start to blame the coach?? : Then who do you blame for poor decisions on draft picks and especially free agents which recently have been atrocious?? A great coach does not always make a great GM. He may not have forgotten how to coach but remember he calls all the other shots as well and these decisions are hurting the Pats right now. Recall the knock on BB in Cleveland was that he was horrible at picking players. sure he's had some great pick-ups, no doubt, but sports success is measured in "what have you done latelys"..sorry, BB is to blame
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

I'll agree to disagree with you at this point. We rode out the highs and now we're coming down a little. BB isn't going any where for a while so let's see what "he does for us lately" over the next couple of years. Your right that ultimately everything that goes wrong with this team is Belichicks fault and everything that goes right the team should also be to his credit. No coach and no team can put Superbowl talent on the field every year and I would say that if things don't change for the better in a couple of years I'd be on your bandwagon too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to When do you start to blame the coach?? : I dunno, I blamed BB after our SB loss vs. the Giants.....lol.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

I immediatelty became dissatisfied with Pees immediately after Plax's TD catch. Since then, nothing his defenses have done has made me change my mind.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]"He is a fans owner"  These were my words Killa....I know dammn well Bill aint a fans coach...but I didnt say that...read it again...I siad Kraft is a fans owner..meaning he used to be a fan, he sat in the bleachers of the old Foxboro before he was owner,  so he looks out in that regard but he is now more interested in his pockets...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]
    A lot of people have been saying Kraft doesn't want to spend money, this is wrong.
    Patriots are one of the top spending teams.  The truth is almostevery team spends close to the salary cap max.  They have to make decisions- Asante or Moss?  Seymour or Wilfork?  You can't have a team of pro bowlers.

Kraft could put a crappy cheap team on the field and the stadium would still be full and he could pocket the money.  Do you think he doesn't know that, he wants to win.