When Tebow Gets Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

When Tebow Gets Cut

Just read this at PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/21/quinn-makes-strong-bid-for-broncos-backup-spot/

Basically, Tebow is going to be the #3 QB in Denver.  Whatever potential he has as a player, it's not going to be developed in Denver.  Which brought me back to how hard BB talked him up.  Now, I know ole BB will game people all day long, but I don't think he ever lies--he just lets you miunderstand him.  And on Teow he said:

”I think it’s obvious, within the last six weeks, his mechanics, he’s worked on them, and they’ve improved, which is a credit to him,” Belichick said. ”He’s very coachable and he works very hard. I’m sure whatever he feels he needs to do, he”ll work very hard at. Whatever that is. Athletically, he tested very well at the Combine, which you could see on the field.”

Is it feasible to put him at other positions?

”My sense of Tim Tebow is, if you asked him to play nose, he’d play nose (tackle). I think he’s that kind of kid. Whatever you ask him to do, he’d do.,” Belichick said. ”I don’t know what a team would do with him, but I think he’s a real interesting player. He’s had a great career. It speaks for itself. Second leading passer in SEC history, whatever it is. He’s had tremendous production. They hardly ever lose.”

What else do you like about him?

”There’s a lot to like,” Belichick answered.

Now, I'm guessing BB didn't like him as a first or a 2d rounder.  But when Tebow gets cut, or is offered for a 5th round pick?  Wouldn't be surprised if we scooped him up, and developed him at whatever position BB thought he could be valuable at.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: When Tebow Gets Cut

Where would he go? I'd rather use the roster spot on a d lineman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

I meant more like "one day."  Agreed, no space now, and I doubt they'll cut him this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Tebow is a an interesting yet sad case.  The kid is a winner, works hard, seems like a really nice guy, probably a great teammate yet it looks like he just isnt a NFL QB or at least at this point in time. 

Not sure what other position he could play, TE?  Run the wildcat offense with him?  But really, isn't the wildcat dead already.  Ultimately I hope he develops as a NFL QB and has some success in the future.  While BB seems to have a knack for finding a fit for players, I don't think it would be the case with Tebow.  If he turns into a TE, the Pats are stacked with them for a long, long time so he wouldn't go to NE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Well I seen him say QB is his position of choice but will play anywhere any team wants him at.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: When Tebow Gets Cut:
    [QUOTE]Tebow is a an interesting yet sad case.  The kid is a winner, works hard, seems like a really nice guy, probably a great teammate yet it looks like he just isnt a NFL QB or at least at this point in time.  Not sure what other position he could play, TE?  Run the wildcat offense with him?  But really, isn't the wildcat dead already.  Ultimately I hope he develops as a NFL QB and has some success in the future.  While BB seems to have a knack for finding a fit for players, I don't think it would be the case with Tebow.  If he turns into a TE, the Pats are stacked with them for a long, long time so he wouldn't go to NE.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. Josh McDaniels and the Broncos were stupid enough to waste a #1 pick on him. As a result, the kid is set for life financially. 

If he gets released, he should consider going north, and playing QB in the CFL for a couple of years. In Canada, he'll get a chance to play, and refine his skills. The CFL is tailor made for his athleticism.

Such seasoning did wonders for the eventual NFL careers of Doug Flutie and Warren Moon...and could produce similar results for him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's pretty funny that Josh Mcdaniels put the franchise back another decade in a couple of years. Great offense coordinator but a terrible head coach. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Tebow is not going to get cut. They will trade him 1st....there are still a few teams that think they can get something out of him. If i was Oakland, Seattle, or Jacksonville i'd take a flier. Yes i'm saying Blaine Gabbert sucks...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Where do people get the idea that Tebow would be any better at TE/WR or RB when he's below average at the position he was raised at? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When he gets cut he should go conquer Canada just like Doug Flutie did.

(not that Tebow -- or anyone, really -- could ever actually be Doug Flutie)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to When Tebow Gets Cut:
    [QUOTE]Just read this at PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/21/quinn-makes-strong-bid-for-broncos-backup-spot/ Basically, Tebow is going to be the #3 QB in Denver.  Whatever potential he has as a player, it's not going to be developed in Denver.  Which brought me back to how hard BB talked him up.  Now, I know ole BB will game people all day long, but I don't think he ever lies--he just lets you miunderstand him.  And on Teow he said: ”I think it’s obvious, within the last six weeks, his mechanics, he’s worked on them, and they’ve improved, which is a credit to him,” Belichick said. ”He’s very coachable and he works very hard. I’m sure whatever he feels he needs to do, he”ll work very hard at. Whatever that is. Athletically, he tested very well at the Combine, which you could see on the field.” Is it feasible to put him at other positions? ”My sense of Tim Tebow is, if you asked him to play nose, he’d play nose (tackle). I think he’s that kind of kid. Whatever you ask him to do, he’d do.,” Belichick said. ”I don’t know what a team would do with him, but I think he’s a real interesting player. He’s had a great career. It speaks for itself. Second leading passer in SEC history, whatever it is. He’s had tremendous production. They hardly ever lose.” What else do you like about him? ”There’s a lot to like,” Belichick answered. Now, I'm guessing BB didn't like him as a first or a 2d rounder.  But when Tebow gets cut, or is offered for a 5th round pick?  Wouldn't be surprised if we scooped him up, and developed him at whatever position BB thought he could be valuable at.
    Posted by USMCM1A1[/QUOTE]

Well, we're a little deep at DL right now, would he make a good safety? LOL Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to When Tebow Gets Cut : Well, we're a little deep at DL right now, would he make a good safety? LOL
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

:)
    good one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Just posted on another thread that he should be moved to fullback; that way he can use his strength and athleticism and run the ball, which is what he does best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

when Tebow gets cut, that could spell the end of his NFL career

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is not going to get cut. They will trade him 1st....there are still a few teams that think they can get something out of him. If i was Oakland, Seattle, or Jacksonville i'd take a flier. Yes i'm saying Blaine Gabbert sucks...
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]
    I agree that Gabbert sucks. I just don't get the hype on that guy. 16 td's in a wide open spread offense and I am supposed to get fired up? What did Chase Daniel and Brad Smith do at QB there? As for Tebow....wasn't he slated to be given the number one job and Orton supposed to be going to Miami just a month ago?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Roster spots on the Patriots are precious

They can't afford to waste one on Tebow when they already have Ryan Mallett and Brian Hoyer at QB

They're also set at TE with Gronk, Hernandez, Lee Smith, and Yeatman

They don't have a fullback, but Tebow also doesn't know how to play fullback yet and the Pats run their under-center plays in singleback personnel

And I'd rather see them protect Kyle Love from being scooped up by other teams waiting for the Pats to cut people than see the Pats waste a precious roster spot on Tim Tebow

Sign him after he's refined his craft in the CFL