When will Babe return?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

When will Babe return?

BabeParilli, everyone's favorite TB rumpswab here in the Patriots "Front Burner" forum, abruptly retired from message boarding yesterday in a surprise announcement that shook up the entire community

The reason for his leaving?

According to him, his presense here has become a disruption, and not wanting to be a disruption any longer, he decided it was best for him and for everyone involved if he just left

Hmmm...

On closer inspection however, it becomes apparent that Babe's leaving is less about him wanting to do the right thing for the greater good of the community (like he wants you to believe), and more about him caving in to pressure from a vocal minority of idiots here who have grown weary of Babe's ongoing feud with forum czar/know-it-all, Rusty aka BassFishing

That's the real reason Babe left, you know

Anyway, I think it's reasonable to assume the self-imposed exile is not permanent and that at some point in the future, Babe will be returning to the board

The question is not IF, but WHEN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: When will Babe return?

At some point I think Babe just said to himself, what's the point? Is he ever going to change someone's opinion? No. Is he going to be thought of as a guy that is looking at things realistically around here? Sadly not. Add into the fact that the village idiot comes flying in like Super Man to call him (and others) idiots every time they express an opinion different from his and I'm sure he just had enough.

He'll probably be back and I hope he does come back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The village idiot?  Hmmmm, who might that be?  Can't for the life of me think of who it could be ; )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In Response to Re: When will Babe return?:
    [QUOTE]At some point I think Babe just said to himself, what's the point? Is he ever going to change someone's opinion? No. Is he going to be thought of as a guy that is looking at things realistically around here? Sadly not. Add into the fact that the village idiot comes flying in like Super Man to call him (and others) idiots every time they express an opinion different from his and I'm sure he just had enough. He'll probably be back and I hope he does come back.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Maybe youre right. Perhaps he's just fed up. But I think he let the "Babe has to go" thread influence him too much

Without that thread does it even occur to him to make his grand "retirement" announcement?

I doubt it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Laughable.

The REAL reason he left is because Porfolio asked him a simple question and he couldn't back his own premise, got caught again looking like a blowhard 60 something Brady-obsessed fan, and then lashed out in embarrassment.

All he had to do was list at least 10 GMs who he felt had superior resumes over BB.  He couldn't do it.  He spammed Portfolio's thread like a fat 10 year old out of Twinkies and painted himself into a corner.

Laz summed up his presence here well.

I question anyone who posts here who aligns with trolls and who associates with 65 year old delirious ranting and raving lunatics, who are so enamored with an NFL QB, nothing else matters.

The rest of us will be honest fans and discuss the Pats as fans of the TEAM.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]At some point I think Babe just said to himself, what's the point? Is he ever going to change someone's opinion? No. Is he going to be thought of as a guy that is looking at things realistically around here? Sadly not. Add into the fact that the village idiot comes flying in like Super Man to call him (and others) idiots every time they express an opinion different from his and I'm sure he just had enough. He'll probably be back and I hope he does come back.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

When most people here had a problem with Babe it was when he became (too quickly) condescending. Remarks like "I trounced you" made what could be an interesting back and forth a personal contest. And that was often unpleasant.

The problem was not in whether he was "realistic" or "controversial" or "independent minded". It was when he was too quick to make it a contest and too strong in making it personal - often way too personal.

I would like to see him back but without the baggage. Or at least only bringing the allotment for carry-on baggage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The fact he didn't list 10 GMs that are superior to BB to prove his premise shows why he lashes out in embarrassment or tries to deflect from such a ludicrous statement.

You started that thread to get him to commit, but as usual, he deflected, trolled and tried to escape.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

He's back

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]The fact he didn't list 10 GMs that are superior to BB to prove his premise shows why he lashes out in embarrassment or tries to deflect from such a ludicrous statement. You started that thread to get him to commit, but as usual, he deflected, trolled and tried to escape.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was to get him to "commit" but not to try show him up. It was more about, OK, lets hear the details of what and why... and in this case who. And he didn't... or couldn't... He even made what to me was an unexpected remark which was that perhaps "there are no above average GMs right now" (I paraphrase). I think it was a cop out but at the same time he kept up his level of indignation even when offered straightforward dialog.

But it is unnecessary to make it a competition between posters... I am excited about the Pats team and what is happening. I do want to hear other thoughts. Even those I don't think are on the mark. And I will "argue" over some of it. But it doesn't really have to be arguing as much as fun discussion of opinions.

For example, I am of the opinion that it was great that the Jets got Tebow and we didn't even have to pay them to take him aboard. They did it on their own and even coughed up some money! I hope they continue to focus on QB and not on O line or D line or even simply just shutting up and letting their play speak for themselves. I am sure Tebow will give it his all regardless but I wonder how much Tebow will respect a hot headed, foul mouthed, egocentric clown like Rex.

See, conversations like that can be quite enjoyable and there is likely someone out there who disagrees and I would like to hear what they have to say!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Agreed!  Some people can't do it, however, and are insecure, feeling like they're being shown up, simply when challenged or offered another perspective.  If you're secure in your take, back it up, etc, there is no need to get defensive.

Also, nothing more annoying than getting the feeling an instigator never read a well articulated response/post.  Babe was/is one who is infamous for it. He acted like a great counterpoint meant nothing.

Arrogant x 1,000.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When will Babe return? : Yes, it was to get him to "commit" but not to try show him up. It was more about, OK, lets hear the details of what and why... and in this case who. And he didn't... or couldn't... He even made what to me was an unexpected remark which was that perhaps "there are no above average GMs right now" (I paraphrase). I think it was a cop out but at the same time he kept up his level of indignation even when offered straightforward dialog. But it is unnecessary to make it a competition between posters... I am excited about the Pats team and what is happening. I do want to hear other thoughts. Even those I don't think are on the mark. And I will "argue" over some of it. But it doesn't really have to be arguing as much as fun discussion of opinions. For example, I am of the opinion that it was great that the Jets got Tebow and we didn't even have to pay them to take him aboard. They did it on their own and even coughed up some money! I hope they continue to focus on QB and not on O line or D line or even simply just shutting up and letting their play speak for themselves. I am sure Tebow will give it his all regardless but I wonder how much Tebow will respect a hot headed, foul mouthed, egocentric clown like Rex. See, conversations like that can be quite enjoyable and there is likely someone out there who disagrees and I would like to hear what they have to say!
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

I actually think it's a bad thing they got him. For one they have a problem at QB in Sanchez - the guy will be at the very least pushed and motivated with Tebow breathing down his neck. I wouldn't go so far to call Tebow a good QB, but I would say he finds ways to win and doesn't just throw the thing up for grabs (like the guy they have now). This is something a team like that could use unfortunately. You also have to think that a locker room like that could use a guy like Tebow. I've got to imagine they'll roll him in there for 10 snaps a game in some way, shape or form. 

I'm not saying the guy is Peyton Manning, but I didn't want to see him go there and heaven forbid he actually improves as a passer. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]Laughable. The REAL reason he left is because Porfolio asked him a simple question and he couldn't back his own premise, got caught again looking like a blowhard 60 something Brady-obsessed fan, and then lashed out in embarrassment. All he had to do was list at least 10 GMs who he felt had superior resumes over BB.  He couldn't do it.  He spammed Portfolio's thread like a fat 10 year old out of Twinkies and painted himself into a corner. Laz summed up his presence here well. I question anyone who posts here who aligns with trolls and who associates with 65 year old delirious ranting and raving lunatics, who are so enamored with an NFL QB, nothing else matters. The rest of us will be honest fans and discuss the Pats as fans of the TEAM.

Well, according to Babe, he "trounced" you in that thread. Dont know if he did or not, but if he really believes it, and if you are right about that thread being the one that influenced him the most to exit the board, then I guess in his mind, he is leaving here a winner

Winner winner, chicken dinner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I doubt he will be back for a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Haha

I knew I should have added "Today" to the list

Babe has exactly zero willpower...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: When will Babe return? : When most people here had a problem with Babe it was when he became (too quickly) condescending. Remarks like "I trounced you" made what could be an interesting back and forth a personal contest. And that was often unpleasant. The problem was not in whether he was "realistic" or "controversial" or "independent minded". It was when he was too quick to make it a contest and too strong in making it personal - often way too personal. I would like to see him back but without the baggage. Or at least only bringing the allotment for carry-on baggage.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

You say "he was too quick to make it a contest" and you created an entire thread to contest me specifically. Pot kettle black.

Can you claim you refrained from name calling in our exchange? No.

I answered your proposition thoroughly. Numbnuts started right in with his nonsense because my first post there wasn't a reply to your claims. I wanted some time to consider your position and told Rustoleum so. That didn't satisfy the child in him.

I don't get where your continued beef on this is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welp, looks like today is the big day.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Babe "Brett Favre" Parilli

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: When will Babe return?": [QUOTE]Agreed!  Some people can't do it, however, and are insecure, feeling like they're being shown up, simply when challenged or offered another perspective.  If you're secure in your take, back it up, etc, there is no need to get defensive. Also, nothing more annoying than getting the feeling an instigator never read a well articulated response/post.  Babe was/is one who is infamous for it. He acted like a great counterpoint meant nothing. Arrogant x 1,000. Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE] Yes. Very annoying. I myself have dealt with this a lot. Not on the boards, but IRL. On the boards I rarely argue with posters enough to encounter it. But there is nothing dumber than answering someone's arguments in detail, presenting arguments they can't answer.....and then getting the distinct impression by their response that they were too lazy/ignorant/insolent/immature to get past the first sentence as they repeat objections that you've already answered in detail and disposed of completely.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: When will Babe return?": [QUOTE]Babe "Brett Favre" Parilli Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE] Yes, but the Pats board has decided to go in another direction. Babe will have to go to the Jets board like Favre did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe "Brett Favre" Parilli
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Give me a couple more retirements and returns befor you bestow that title on me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: When will Babe return?": Yes. Very annoying. I myself have dealt with this a lot. Not on the boards, but IRL. On the boards I rarely argue with posters enough to encounter it. But there is nothing dumber than answering someone's arguments in detail, presenting arguments they can't answer.....and then getting the distinct impression by their response that they were too lazy/ignorant/insolent/immature to get past the first sentence as they repeat objections that you've already answered in detail and disposed of completely.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate that too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: When will Babe return?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When will Babe return? : Give me a couple more retirements and returns befor you bestow that title on me. Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE] LOL..ok, you can come back to the Pats board the first time, but if you retire again, it's on to the Jets and Vikings boards with you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]Laughable. The REAL reason he left is because Porfolio asked him a simple question and he couldn't back his own premise, got caught again looking like a blowhard 60 something Brady-obsessed fan, and then lashed out in embarrassment. All he had to do was list at least 10 GMs who he felt had superior resumes over BB.  He couldn't do it.  He spammed Portfolio's thread like a fat 10 year old out of Twinkies and painted himself into a corner. Laz summed up his presence here well. I question anyone who posts here who aligns with trolls and who associates with 65 year old delirious ranting and raving lunatics, who are so enamored with an NFL QB, nothing else matters. The rest of us will be honest fans and discuss the Pats as fans of the TEAM.

Hey easy on the +65 Category will ya?  LOL   The age part gets to all of us and will get to everyone here because there is no way to stop the clock.  Well, there is a way but it is not a good way.   :)

Now back to the Pats.  Ocho just reduced his contract down to "Only a Million Dollars".   I guess that's chump change to some Diva Wide Receivers but it's still a lot of money to me!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: When will Babe return?": Yes. Very annoying. I myself have dealt with this a lot. Not on the boards, but IRL. On the boards I rarely argue with posters enough to encounter it. But there is nothing dumber than answering someone's arguments in detail, presenting arguments they can't answer.....and then getting the distinct impression by their response that they were too lazy/ignorant/insolent/immature to get past the first sentence as they repeat objections that you've already answered in detail and disposed of completely.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Nice summation...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to When will Babe return?:
    [QUOTE]BabeParilli, everyone's favorite TB rumpswab here in the Patriots "Front Burner" forum, abruptly retired from message boarding yesterday in a surprise announcement that shook up the entire community The reason for his leaving? According to him, his presense here has become a disruption, and not wanting to be a disruption any longer, he decided it was best for him and for everyone involved if he just left Hmmm... On closer inspection however, it becomes apparent that Babe's leaving is less about him wanting to do the right thing for the greater good of the community (like he wants you to believe), and more about him caving in to pressure from a vocal minority of idiots here who have grown weary of Babe's ongoing feud with forum czar/know-it-all, Rusty aka BassFishing That's the real reason Babe left, you know Anyway, I think it's reasonable to assume the self-imposed exile is not permanent and that at some point in the future, Babe will be returning to the board The question is not IF, but WHEN
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

After reading his most recent posts, I tend to agree with you. But, he's not just getting heat due to his never ending feud with Rusty...he's getting pounded on due to his tendencies to personally attack fellow posters. His self-imposed retirement lasted all of 10 minutes...LOL!!!