Where is the love for Logan Ryan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Where is the love for Logan Ryan?

Everyone has dismissed this pick solely because of the pick after him. The Pats picked up a Top 50 talent with the 83 pick. This was a very good pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Where is the love for Logan Ryan?

I loved the pick... had him as a Rd 2 kid on my board, so was happy to land him in Rd 3.  Overall, he's a very good fit for NE's predominantly zone coverage scheme... quick feed, adequate speed, tough, gets his hands on a ton of footballs (30 PBU, 7 INT's over the last two years) and he's very good/phsycial vs. the run... something BB puts a lot of value in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He fits the system, I don't love the pick. I like it. 

I love Dobson, I like Collins, Ryan, Boyce, Buchanan and Beauharnais, but I HATE Harmon. Should've picked Jesse Williams, but we'll see in the future if BB and the 30 other NFL teams who passed him over 5 or 6 times were right or if I was. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I love Dobson, I like Collins, Ryan, Boyce, Buchanan and Beauharnais, but I HATE Harmon. Should've picked Jesse Williams, but we'll see in the future if BB and the 30 other NFL teams who passed him over 5 or 6 times were right or if I was. 

Pretty much exactly how I feel:

LOVE Ryan, Boyce and Beauharnais and the Blount trade

LIKE Dobson, Collins and Buchanan (although gotta love 7th rd value)

HATE Harmon

The Pats could have drafted Williams (as said) or with the glut of DT types we already had boosted the interior of the O-line with Barrett Jones. I'd have even tried to trade up with one of the 7th's and a '14 pick to get Larry Warford or Dallas Thomas there. Those guys will be stud starting guards for years mark my words.

We could have traded down and picked Jones in the 4th and added a 5th or 6th rd pick where Harmon would have been available. Same thing with Wilson last year. Kid looked ok, but Kendell Reyes was the guy to go with in rd 2 and then wait until rd 3 or 4 to take Wilson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

HATE Harmon

The Pats could have drafted Williams (as said) or with the glut of DT types we already had boosted the interior of the O-line with Barrett Jones. I'd have even tried to trade up with one of the 7th's and a '14 pick to get Larry Warford or Dallas Thomas there. Those guys will be stud starting guards for years mark my words.

We could have traded down and picked Jones in the 4th and added a 5th or 6th rd pick where Harmon would have been available. Same thing with Wilson last year. Kid looked ok, but Kendell Reyes was the guy to go with in rd 2 and then wait until rd 3 or 4 to take Wilson.

There had to be sone thing about Williams.  Where did he go the 6th?  All this talk about d'rick rogers. Reminds me of Jenkins last year, just trouble waiting to happen 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

They say Williams dropped b/c of injury concerns with his knee

Jenkins was a top 15 talent who went rd 2

Rogers was a 2nd rd talent who who went undrafted. Big difference. Jenkins was like the Honey Badger. A rd 1/2 guy who went in the 3rd this year.

Rogers reminds me of Dennard. A 2nd round talent who lasted until the 7th. You'd have thought someone with a 7th rd pick would take a flier on Da'Rick. I'd definitely bring him into our WR mix if possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Da'Rick must have da' bricks between his ears. Everybody loves the talent but he must seriously have blown the interviews and the 'references' from coaches/former teammates. I can't think of anyone with that much talent who went completely undrafted that had not been completely trashed by the pundits before the draft - they were still expecting him to be drafted in the 2/3 range. (As were a number of folks on here.) Dennard was close but that was a well publicized arrest just before the draft and a general talking down of his skills.

Williams clearly failed a bunch of team's medical reviews in terms of risk/reward - he fell basically two rounds.

In looking at the draft based on draft capital coming in I think it is really good. As a whole we got good talent to compete for playing time and filled a huge gap in WR talent.

I think people were unrealistic in expecting a late 1st, late 2nd, and late 3rd plus two 7ths to yield a stud DT, a stud WR, a stud DE, a stud CB and various other pieces. Looking at this as phase two of team building, I thing it on top of phase one - FA - has been extremely successful. We have  two more phases to go in the UDAF/second round of FA, and the end of preseason roster cut downs.

Most complaints center around DT and DE - Abraham is still out there and at least one team that was interested Miami is out of the running. We have a lot of bodies in the mix including 3 new additions and a couple of developing guys. Wilfork has a few more years and I think we will be looking harder at DT in the next few drafts, but it could be pretty good with the roster guys already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

MB the guys on ESPN said he ran a poor 4.58 in the timed 40.  That is not a good number for a cornerback - IMO Johnathan Banks of Miss State would have been abetter choice than Jamie Collins at our top second round choice and we should not then have drafted  Ryan at all.

I loved the pick... had him as a Rd 2 kid on my board, so was happy to land him in Rd 3.  Overall, he's a very good fit for NE's predominantly zone coverage scheme... quick feed, adequate speed, tough, gets his hands on a ton of footballs (30 PBU, 7 INT's over the last two years) and he's very good/phsycial vs. the run... something BB puts a lot of value in.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

but we play bertter de in press man when we are helathy with the players who cna do that. i wodl have preferreed a cb who can do that well voer one who needs to play cover 2 or move to fs according to sccouts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

agreed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

They say Williams dropped b/c of injury concerns with his knee

Jenkins was a top 15 talent who went rd 2

Rogers was a 2nd rd talent who who went undrafted. Big difference. Jenkins was like the Honey Badger. A rd 1/2 guy who went in the 3rd this year.

Rogers reminds me of Dennard. A 2nd round talent who lasted until the 7th. You'd have thought someone with a 7th rd pick would take a flier on Da'Rick. I'd definitely bring him into our WR mix if possible.

agreed

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

HATE Harmon

yup. not brilliant

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Da'Rick must have da' bricks between his ears. Everybody loves the talent but he must seriously have blown the interviews and the 'references' from coaches/former teammates. I can't think of anyone with that much talent who went completely undrafted that had not been completely trashed by the pundits before the draft - they were still expecting him to be drafted in the 2/3 range. (As were a number of folks on here.) Dennard was close but that was a well publicized arrest just before the draft and a general talking down of his skills.

Williams clearly failed a bunch of team's medical reviews in terms of risk/reward - he fell basically two rounds.

In looking at the draft based on draft capital coming in I think it is really good. As a whole we got good talent to compete for playing time and filled a huge gap in WR talent.

I think people were unrealistic in expecting a late 1st, late 2nd, and late 3rd plus two 7ths to yield a stud DT, a stud WR, a stud DE, a stud CB and various other pieces. Looking at this as phase two of team building, I thing it on top of phase one - FA - has been extremely successful. We have  two more phases to go in the UDAF/second round of FA, and the end of preseason roster cut downs.

Most complaints center around DT and DE - Abraham is still out there and at least one team that was interested Miami is out of the running. We have a lot of bodies in the mix including 3 new additions and a couple of developing guys. Wilfork has a few more years and I think we will be looking harder at DT in the next few drafts, but it could be pretty good with the roster guys already.

"Da'Rick must have da' bricks between his ears. Everybody loves the talent but he must seriously have blown the interviews and the 'references' from coaches/former teammates. I can't think of anyone with that much talent who went completely undrafted that had not been completely trashed by the pundits before the draft "

agreed