Where is Welker?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

Re: Where is Welker?

So it has nothing to do with having to play 2 really good defenses?  We already know that you were so wrong with the Moss trade being bad....do you want to over react about this too?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I haven't seen the replay but Gresch and Zolak were just talking about Welker Drawing the double teams now that Moss is gone. It's up to Branch and Hernandez to pick up the slack. We haven't seen a great offensive game from this team in a while. I think the Vicodins, I mean Vikings should be a good game for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FourthRing. Show FourthRing's posts

I think you're missing the real development from the Moss trade, every game is going to look different, and that is what the offense used to be during three Super Bowls.  There were no consistent stars on offense other than Brady, and he always had pedestrian numbers, because they would come out with a new approach every week.  Wes' will be affected too.  Just look at Deion's career numbers with the Pats, he would have games where he didn't catch many balls, but then the playoffs rolled around, and he would blow up, because they had been keeping him in reserve for the better of the offense and to be able to surprise teams. 

I love it, and I know Wes, unlike Randy, is going to be able to adapt. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think Killa is off base on this.  It's a fair question to ask.  I think we need to see more games though.  We just played two very good defenses.  But yes, if Welker continues to be less effective, it is fair to say that Moss' departure did impact him.

That said, if we indeed return to the offense of old, you could also argue that Welker will not receive as many passes because the ball is going to get spread around more now.  In that case, Welker will be impacted, but his reduction in production will be more than offset by an increase in production by others.  This is the scenario I'd rather see anyway.  I don't want one guy to be responsible for so much of our production.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Welker?:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Killa is off base on this.  It's a fair question to ask.  I think we need to see more games though.  We just played two very good defenses.  But yes, if Welker continues to be less effective, it is fair to say that Moss' departure did impact him. That said, if we indeed return to the offense of old, you could also argue that Welker will not receive as many passes because the ball is going to get spread around more now.  In that case, Welker will be impacted, but his reduction in production will be more than offset by an increase in production by others.  This is the scenario I'd rather see anyway.  I don't want one guy to be responsible for so much of our production.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

And I say WHO CARES?  As as long as we are winning, Welker can get 0 catches for the rest of the season for all I care.....and Brady will take what the other team gives us....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Welker? : And I say WHO CARES?  As as long as we are winning, Welker can get 0 catches for the rest of the season for all I care.....and Brady will take what the other team gives us....
    Posted by m1024us[/QUOTE]

Isn't that what I allude to in my last two sentences?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

MVP is right on with his assesment. Here is another problem starting. Wes was not  dbl teamed all day. O Brien for whatever reason is not calling enough plays for Welker. Brady was looking elsewhere all game. He is not catching 10 balls a game because O Brien has his head up his as$, same as the Baltimore Game. I'ts not just the loss of Moss. Brady and Welker will get this figured out though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is Welker? : Isn't that what I allude to in my last two sentences?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I don't know....I stopped reading after teh first 3 sentences....LOL!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Where is Welker?:
    [QUOTE]I have him on my fantasy team so I see his stats every week and they have gone down since the Moss trade . . .
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Aha!

Now I see why you were so upset by the Moss trade.

Any reasonable fan should have known that Welker would be the guy most impacted by the departure of Randy Moss. That's like predicting that it will probably get dark when the sun goes down. A happy Randy Moss makes Welker a world-beater, but the Pats did not have a happy Randy Moss. We all screamed bloody murder when the Pats stalled against Green New Jersey, primarily through repeatedly forcing the ball to Randy. So . . .   does it matter if Welker is open on every play if Brady has to force the ball to Moss in order to keep him happy and not disruptive (he's already pouting in Minnesota)? In a perfect world, you keep Randy and you pay him and he catches six or eight balls and a couple touchdowns every week and we all go have a beer. Sadly, this is not a perfect world, and -- as mentioned above -- guys like Branch and Hernandez and Tate are going to have to find  a way to pick up the slack.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think it bears watching, MVP, but it's maybe a bit early to tell. Even with Moss, teams were starting to double the short routes since our long game wasn't working all that well before the trade.  Now that Moss is gone, the long game definitely is less intimidating and so the focus on the short routes is probably even stronger. But let's see how the team adjusts.  I think we need to get more from Tate, honestly.  That's the guy who needs to be stretching the field and opening up space for Welker.  But I don't think defenses worry all that much about him.  At some point I'd like to see Price or even Jenkins get on the field just to see what else we have for deep threats.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]What the f*ck? this was a fair question and now im getting bashed by you guys? Patsfan1966 what does Moss throwing a tantrum in Minny have anything to do with the question I just asked? It has nothing to do with the Welker question you just cant help but go after Moss. And m10 I didnt over react to the Moss trade, you either liked the trade or didnt and i didnt like it, i didnt say it was the end of the world or the season i just didnt like it and that is pretty much opinion and i dont know if anyone ever told you but opinion cant be wrong cause its opinion not fact so why are you being a D bag? Yea we played two very god D's the last two weeks, and im pretty sure that when we played these teams in the past Welker lit them up good D or not but this time he couldnt do that? So is it a knee thing? or is it the FACT that he is getting double teamed now that Moss is not here to draw the double team? seems pretty fair question to me, im not bashing one of my favorite players i am simply saying why do you think he is not being as productive. The last time we played the Chargers we had Matt Cassel throwing the ball and we got blown out and Welker still had a good game and my guess is cause he was free underneath cause Moss was double teamed how is that a bad comment to make? Or are you just being a d*ck cause you dont like it when anyone questions anything? Thanks Caraway for not being a jerk.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Killa you pink hat patriot hating TROLL!!!!!  How dare you ask a question that in the least bit may seem to question what BB or the PATS do.  Don't you ever do that again or else.... Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Stats are for losers?
    What does it matter, we got the win AMIRITE? exactly.
    We played two great Defenses two weeks in a row, afcourse his numbers were going to decline, look at brady's numbers, they look mediocre at best but here is the thing, we won. Everything else is moot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

`I think it is worth mentioning that other then a few scripted plays in games 1 and 2 (Double screen from Gronk and Hernandez out wide)Welker really has not been Welker all year. I would say this has more to do with a certain rehabilitated ligament then any teams coverage.

The fact is that much like the Jets did in the 2nd half and the Ravens did most of the game teams are dropping 7-8 in coverage and rushing 3-4 guys daring us to audible to a run. Has anybody not noticed this?

Teams are laughing at our run game. guys are covered everywhere and until we commit to a a healthy run offense we will have problems and Brady will keep getting creamed like he did yesterday.

Run to set up the pass!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

^^^

When it's 60% or higher pass to the 40% or lower for the run, Welker will be LESS EFFECTIVE.

That's a fact based on games he's been involved with minus 2007.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

All I am saying is, O'Brien can't afford to have entire half brain farts against good/great Ds, especially on the road or in the playoffs.

I fully expect a better gameplan this Sunday. 

They'll have to have it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]To me, like Truechamp said it all comes down to a devastating Knee Injury. The whole Run/Pass drama can be broken down like this. We have the worst Running backs in the league.  Yeah, we all like Benny and Danny, but go look at all 32 teams and come back to me. We have one , if not the best QB's in the league.  This means for the most part, the coaching staff will like their chances with Brady throwing the ball more than Benny running it.  Its not hard.  When we tried to run Benny agianst the Ravens, he got nothing.  Remember it was Woodhead who got the run game started and if we didnt have him we LOSE that game, IMO Against S.D, both Benny and Danny were getting stuffed, so rather than beat ur head against the wall, you put the ball in your best players hands, thats why I didnt like the off tackle play to Benny on 4th down...Hell, he couldnt even run on !st down.    The Cold Hard Facts ARE  until we get a real running game this will be the story.  Not a 34 year old injury prone guy and 2 undrafted undersized RB's.  They have treated the position as an afterthought and these are the results.  When presented with a decision, most times and rightfully so, It will be in Brady's Hands...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

How great were the RBs when they won SBs?  Antowain Smith was a cast off.  Mike Cloud was cut in 2003.

Only Corey Dillon could be seen as a legit #1 and that was just a cherry on top in 2004.

Let's just drop the idea that Tom Brady needs Roger Craig and Marcus Allen in their primes to run the ball.

It's a myth.

Woodhead is incredibly effective in this offense and for whatever reason, a usuall effective Sammy Morris, isn't getting looks.

BJGE is very solid, but when you aren't committing to a run, of course the line blocking won't look as good.

It's pretty simple.  Would I like to get younger in this area and draft Mark INgram?  Yes.

But, pretending this team doesn't have a good run game because they don't have Pro Bowl names on the jersey is not going to work, in my opinion.

Note how no one complains when they run it minimum 20 times+.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

MV...   it has only been two games....  and as pointed out by some, games against some decent defenses.  Also, hasn't everyone here been asking for the Patriots' offense to get back to the SB winning days in which the ball was spread all over the place and opposing Ds could not key on anyone?  Now, it appears from your post, this is not something you want to happen and the Pats should keep targeting Welker as they have before?  With better TEs and not a single deep WR to focus upon, teams have to pick their poison. All it will take are a couple breakout performance for Tate, along with the continued play of Brown, to make D's think twice about doubling up Welker.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Well, I think to be fair, NE strategically set up deep balls to Patten or even a Branch or maybe a rare one to Givens back in the day.

I think this is the difference between a Weis and an O'Brien.  Weis would be patient, mixing things up well, while waiting out a playaction strike or deep ball.

I swear, this whole McDaniels 2006 spread offense really has some fans completely over-thinking this.

NE does not have to have Moss to go deep.   Tate can go deep, Slater can, Hernandez can, Branch can.

It's not so much the high arcing pass for 60 yards, but the concept of showing you'll go 30 yards and split the Safeties deep or actually go down a sideline.

I'd just prefer to see a better feel for the gamecalling than what we get.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I thought he was dead until he made a catch in the third quarter yesterday. 

And to those who keep saying we played a good defense that why we don't hear his name, HELLO!!! When we played the Jets last year with Welker he had 10 catches for over 150 yards (I don't remember the exact numbers). He's usually money against good defenses. We can either draft a big play WR next year or Welker goes back to being what he was in Miami and San Diego. A WR you pay no attention to.