Where were the flags

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Where were the flags

I don't think it's any secret that crews are being instructed as to when to call what and on whom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Does anyone besides me find this new format difficult to read?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Where were the flags

Lets start out by saying, I hate to see penalty flags but given that this season we have seen more yellow flags than leaves falling from trees,  where were the flags against the Steelers.  How many time did Love or Wilfork get held coming up the middle, even the announcers made a joke of it.  SI has a picture with Gronkowski after a catch and Polomayu (SP?) on his back ripping his helmet off. No flags, if the refs are going to let the offensive line hold and allow linebackers to get away with facemasking and pass interference then let all the games be that way.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Where were the flags:
    [QUOTE]It was worse than the SD game.  Usually, we see 1 or 2 blatantly bad calls go against both teams, but Pitt got away with murder and we got no calls whatsoever. The one where Keamatu armbarred Love for a good 4 seconds was priceless. It happened repatedly. It's not debatable.  It's why Pitt's O Line was almost flawless for 4 qtrs. The facemask on Welker where Polamalo had his facemask ripped from underneath, or the Branch mauling were the entire sideline forced the side judge. Speechless. I also thought the underthrown ball to Price was PI. Taylor bumped him before the ball got there. If we get that call from Nelson changing his direction on wounded duck in Buffalo, with Sergio brown in textbook underneath coverage, I have no idea why we don't get the call on Sunday. I was shocked they called Mundy on the takek down of Gronk it had gotten so bad. Not why we lost, but considering that was as good as Pitt can play against us and we brought a C game, much of it due to how well Pitt, played I see as it as a positive if a rematch.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Not the reason why we lost. So why do people keep bringing it up. Venting to feel better about themselves and their team. The conspiracy theory need not apply. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Unfortunately, it is what it is.  At this point any mention of such matters will be considered "whining" by those who don't care about this fan base.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Agree, AGC
    If you saw my post on the Game of the Week I pointed out some flaws in our own game, but I see the same thing coaching my son's community league team.

Rule number 1, you cannot engage a player already engaged (it is an under 10 league) I coach my kids that they have to hold up and not gang tackle because that is the rule.  When the other coaches teach gang tackling and the refs don't call it what can I say to my team.  We have been called for 45 yards (15 yrds eac) for gang tackling,yet never had the same call against our opponents. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were the flags : One little fact you left out. All of your posts are trollish attack posts.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]
    I love the double team on a guy for opining a less subjective view after your team loses a game. He's obviously a non critical, objective Pats' fan who sees things without rose colored glasses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

what about the two uncalled helmet-helmet hits on Clark (#25)?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]what about the two uncalled helmet-helmet hits on Clark (#25)?
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]
    If anyone were to watch this game on NFL Replay, I am certain the laundry list of calls that went the Steelers way will be long.  But, I will repeat myself, it is what it is and will not change the outcome.  We just need to move on and focus on how we think this team can get better.  Unfortunately, time travel is not available!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Honestly, the defense of the defense is bad enough, but you just need to stop crying about the penalties, missed penalties and all related to it.  I saw three hits on Big Ben that could have easily gone for 15 yards, but did not.  It's just amazing how awful the officating is when we lose.  Anyone recall the Colts fans crying about getting mugged by our DBs & safeties?  Think this is any less pathetic?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Yawn. My whole life when teams lose games that their fans think they should have won, one of the first reactions is to blame the officials. It happens in every sport. 

I didn't see all of this "blatant holding" that the Steelers committed. I was distracted by the wide open players downfield.

The truth is that fans of one team or another are not objective at all and what looks like holding by the opponent is great pass blocking by their team. 

I just double checked the box score and not only were their actually more penalties called on Pittsburgh than the Patriots, 5 of the Patriots 19 first downs were gained via penalties (as opposed to 1 of 29 for the Steelers).

Officials miss plenty of calls in every sporting there is. You just have to assume that over the course of time they balance out and your team has to regardless of them. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

In a game of inches and yards, bad calls and non-calls make a big difference. Agreed that both sides of the PATS did not play that well, but we only lost by 8 points. Imagine if a few of those penalties were called. I think it changes the outcome

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Clearly to are an obsessed stalker.  Everyone who puts you in your place is Phat Rex.  Let me guess, in your tiny world, Phat Rex is your arch nemesis who you have sworn to defeat in the world of defending the Patriots at all cost and not allowing a negative word about Coach Bill.  You need to grow up.  Get a grip on reality and just what a newspaper forum is really about in the scheme of not mattering at all.  You don't get to chose who says what about who or how or why people form there own opinions.  If you can't handle it, go cry to someone, just not to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

One of the things I've noticed is if you commit a penalty on every play the officials will not throw a flag on every play.

So my theory is, the Pitt coaches were probably saying let the OL keep holding and the secondary keep holding and etc., rough em up as much as possible on every play, it may hurt us a little but not completely, they won't call everything...Look at the Jets secondary, they basically hold every play and get away with it as well.  It is a pretty good tactic and seems to be the case!

As far as the "spearing" non-call, it is indeed a penalty to lead with the crown of your helmet even on run plays and regardless of whether he hit BJGE in the head/face or not it is supposed to called "spearing", it is in the rule book as defined!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Clearly to are an obsessed stalker.  Everyone who puts you in your place is Phat Rex.  Let me guess, in your tiny world, Phat Rex is your arch nemesis who you have sworn to defeat in the world of defending the Patriots at all cost and not allowing a negative word about Coach Bill.  You need to grow up.  Get a grip on reality and just what a newspaper forum is really about in the scheme of not mattering at all.  You don't get to chose who says what about who or how or why people form there own opinions.  If you can't handle it, go cry to someone, just not to me.
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

One little fact you left out. All of your posts are trollish attack posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, claiming that our D is bad is totally trollish.  Claiming that we are better with Faulk is trollish.  Saying that our run D is worse than last year is trollish. Take a minute and try to figure out the difference between stating facts and trolling.  Regardless of you love affair with King, I have about as much respect for homers who refuse to acknowledge obvious deficiencies with the team they claim to root for as trolls who refuse to acknowledge the things other teams do well.  Only a complete fool would continue to claim our defense is something other than bad... historically bad or to try to place the blame on arguably the best QB in the NFL, certainly one of the all time greats.
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE] 

i guess u think refs are so amazing huh. Happen to catch the philly dallas game? u know the one where Vick threw the ball 3 YARDS FORWARD and the refs called it a FUMBLE?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I'm calling it the Arlin Spector effect.
     Seniter Spector  told all the Pittsburgh fans that New England cheated and I believe the league desided they could only convince Pittsburgh fans that the games are balanced if they let the steelrs commit flangrant penelties over and over during this game. 

I believe this is true because the networks replayed many of the most agregious non-calls but without comment from the booth.......
     And yes I do believe it cost us the game. Not because New England is so good but because Pittsburg realy is old and slow and they are not a better team then the Patriots this year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Phat Rex,

You're usually one of the trolls who complains that the Pats are always the beneficiaries of calls.  You lost the ability to use that argument with this past Pats game. 

And for the record, Revis holds and grabs more than any other DB in this league.  Maybe you should go whine about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]Phat Rex, You're usually one of the trolls who complains that the Pats are always the beneficiaries of calls.  You lost the ability to use that argument with this past Pats game.  And for the record, Revis holds and grabs more than any other DB in this league.  Maybe you should go whine about it.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I agree, Revis does grab.  He is a very physical CB.  Much like the strikezone of good hitters, and the ability of players like Kobe to get to the line, he seems to get the benefit of the doubt.   Continued crying about how unfair it all is no different than the Colts claiming they were roughed up for years.