Wheres Gary Guyton????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Wheres Gary Guyton????

I'm just saying.... Is he still on the team.

I mentioned this to someone a few weeks back that I havent even seen the guy in weeks. I understand he may not be in the rotation now, but I dont even see this guy on the sideline anymore.

Is there something I missed?

I would think he could provide some measure of help as he has speed and experience in the system.  I wonder if he even suits up for the SB.

My other question is they did ever put Vareen on I/R or is he still an active player?

I think he could provide a nice change of pace and he has got to be fresh.

I really think the Pats should try and establish the run early as it was effective last week almost every time. They need to start running earlier, pull in those backers and then try to throw.

Last game vs the Giants the backers were all back in the throwing lanes and thats why Brady almost threw 3 pics in the 1st half...

I feel a little better about the matchups now. I would def. put Arrington on Cruz as he good with underneath routes and Arrington plays underneath routes well.

I would put McCourty on Nicks with help over the top. Make a challenge to the front seven to stop the run, which shouldnt be hard because Eli wants to pass.

Throw in a lot of zone like last game to make Eli hold the ball. Single up Moore on Manningham and dont let him get deep.

NO TURNOVERS and we WIN  , lets get Brady comfy early. Give him some defined routes that are short and not risky to get him in a rythm and mix in the run all day. The Giants will be gassed. Then come out 2nd half with no huddle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Wheres Gary Guyton????

Healthy scratches possibly due to poor play

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I guess he wont be returning. Got a good amount of snaps from him for a free agent, but I guess at some point, he shows why he was a free agent.

My guess is Fletcher is taking his time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Guyton is a more than serviceable emergency fill in at Linebacker. It's just that we no longer have an emergency need. Spikes is back, Ninkovich has progressed every week, and Fletcher passed Guyton on the depth chart in the early part of the season. 

Thanks Gary, you were there when we needed you. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Who cares the guy is terrible. I do agree I would really like to see them try and establish the run to set up the play action better. I just hope the offense can make adjustments in this SB cause they made none in the last one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I have an idea. What happened to the play action pass to Branch over the middle???

This was a staple play in Sb years and was used last year when Branch returned, but please someone tell me when we ran it this year as i dont remember.

Its a MONEY Play!!

I watched AFCCG game over and saw that branch was getting open...but not many looks. Also same with Hernandez early.

Brady needs to resist going to Gronk early when everyone is expecting it.

I just hope they keep an open mind and dont let the game get away from them.

I am confident we cant contain Eli, but not so much when it comes to gamplanning our offense to move the ball consistenly vs the Gmen.

They were in his head last game in wk 9.

Pollard is saying he wants the Giants to thrash us and how the Gmen aint gonna let us dink and dunk and we'll have to go deep. I dont know about going deep, but running the ball with pull those backers up.

In week 9 they were sittin on the underneath routes and looked they were in the huddle.

Adjustments must be made

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Guyton just does not have football instincts. .Good athelete but not a good football player. He has been a healthy scratch. I have nothing against him but I am hoping he is not on the team next year. Unless something suddenly clicks for him....

As for Vereen, also a healthy scratch. I liked the draft pick and I think he will be our best RB - something along the lines of a Ray Rice (I hope). But he evidently is either not ready or just not showing the coaching staff enough.

I expected Ridley would not play verse the Ravens. .I expect he will suit up for the SuperBowl. I do not expect him to play very early but I think he is the kind of player we could use in a running game that will likely need to get 120 yards or more over the course of the game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Portfolio, I feel the same way. I liked him in spurts but not as an every down backer and I think they wont bring him back, but who knows....depends on how our depth looks next year.

I really liked what I saw from Benny and I been telling people all year we CAN run the ball if we WANT to.  On top of Benny looking good, we should give Ridley a few carries to throw off the giants as benny just goes straight ahead and Ridley has some wiggle.

Big year for Vareen next year. Faulk and Woody may be gone..