Where's Quentin Sims....?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Where's Quentin Sims....?

Hello...?   We have had Dobson and Thompkins down for weeks and we bring in another miniature white guy (collie).    Where's the guy you had on your practice squad early in the year for EXACTLY THIS CONTINGENCY?

Where is the big possession reciever that every other team in the league has ...?  Especailly now where your big possession TE is also down for the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Where's Quentin Sims....?

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hello...?   We have had Dobson and Thompkins down for weeks and we bring in another miniature white guy (collie).    Where's the guy you had on your practice squad early in the year for EXACTLY THIS CONTINGENCY!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the big possession reciever that every other team in the league has ...?  Especailly now where your big possession TE is also down for the season.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's just not that good and the only reason they keep him around is to have someone tall with a wide body for the DB's to get work against?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hello...?   We have had Dobson and Thompkins down for weeks and we bring in another miniature white guy (collie).    Where's the guy you had on your practice squad early in the year for EXACTLY THIS CONTINGENCY!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's just not that good and the only reason they keep him around is to have someone tall with a wide body for the DB's to get work against?

[/QUOTE]

Is he still on the practice squad....?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Collie has been a solid/consistent WR, when he's not knocked the f out... Sims has done nothing at the NFL level and the staff clearly isn't confident in his ability to contribute or he'd be playing.  Seems like a pretty easy decision.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the guy you scratch your head on is Andre Holmes. 6'4" and turning heads in Oakland as he is finally "getting it"...he was on with the Pats until May 10th...not sure the PAts realized what type of talent level he had, and could be. I guess they were too busy with Donald Jones, Michael Jenkins and Donte Stallworth to realize what they could have had with Holmes...will be better than Thompkins...maybe be better than Boyce/Dobson?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I don't think Quentin Sims is on the practice squad any longer. The last transaction I could find on him was resigned to practice squad Sept 2 and released Sept 10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the guy you scratch your head on is Andre Holmes. 6'4" and turning heads in Oakland as he is finally "getting it"...he was on with the Pats until May 10th...not sure the PAts realized what type of talent level he had, and could be. I guess they were too busy with Donald Jones, Michael Jenkins and Donte Stallworth to realize what they could have had with Holmes...will be better than Thompkins...maybe be better than Boyce/Dobson?

[/QUOTE]

scratching my head ...    so there is a preference for small white guys .  We have established that.   Not that there's anything wrong with that...  except like with the entire offense, they are limited.

LIke we saw last week , a bigger guy catches the Amendola drop.

Like in the super bowl, a bigger guy catches the WElker drop.

Like in the future....   patriots are limited by this linear thinking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

And last Monday, Calvin Johnson dropped two passes on his numbers that would have led to points.  Bigger guy dropped them both. 

Funny how no one is raising the career numbers that Welker, Amendola and Collie have each posted against much, much bigger backs.  They're staggering.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

scratching my head ...    so there is a preference for small white guys .  We have established that.   Not that there's anything wrong with that...  except like with the entire offense, they are limited.

[/QUOTE]

Coolade,  Do you think BB is saying "Show me another white guy" ....."No, smaller than that.  That one is too big"

I can't believe they would let Woodhead go.  Maybe he was still growing and they didn't want to take a chance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Coolade,  Do you think BB is saying "Show me another white guy" ....."No, smaller than that.  That one is too big"

I can't believe they would let Woodhead go.  Maybe he was still growing and they didn't want to take a chance.

[/QUOTE]

BB is an enigma and we will never know what the details are of these player moves.   Could be any number of behind the scenes reasons.  Problem is,   the offense is what it is , a limited blueprint that has been laid out for 9 years, executed by limited players, except the few years that dominant players were inserted ...  namely moss and Gronk.   

Why do you think Josh "journeyman" Mccown all of a sudden looked so great for chicago...?  They have 2 Quentin Sims.   Namely Jeffrey and Marshall.   Why is it that this team refuses to use that obvious advantage....?   

Small , Fast and quick gets you lots of completions during the regular season but big and sure handed get you completions in the playioffs when the windows are tighter and the clutching and grabbing is let go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I guess I don't know the answer here.  As you said, Dobson and Thompkins out and of course Gronk.   That's a lot to overcome.  In the recent past, they went to Gronk and Hern in the red zone.   

Collie certainly isn't the answer down near the goal line.   They did go to Hoo.  

I guess I'm agreeing with you that Collie wasn't the guy to solve the red zone problems last week but disagree that they haven't been trying to bring in some bigger receivers.  

Injuries and jail certainly have worked against  the Pats Red zone effectiveness this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Who says the guy can catch well? Obviously he would have been called up if he was any good.

Amendola's drop had absolutely nothing to do with height. Absolutely nothing.

I suppose Edelman was too small to go up and get his touchdown against Denver?

With a healthy lineup, the Pats 5 WR set (which would include Gronk) would have been 6'6", 6'3", 6'1", 6'0", 5'11". That's not "small".

I guess the 2010 Chargers (Gates, Jackson, Naanee, Floyd) or 2008 Jaguars (Lewis, Jones, Northcutt) would have been a better receiving core because they were big. Those teams won some championships, I'll tell ya.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Also, I'm pretty sure the Giants won their most recent championships with "midgets". Same with the 2008 Steelers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Holmes is on his fourth team in three seasons and has 19 career receptions. Let's relax ourselves before we commission his HOF bust.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who says the guy can catch well? Obviously he would have been called up if he was any good.

With a healthy lineup, the Pats 5 WR set (which would include Gronk) would have been 6'6", 6'3", 6'1", 6'0", 5'11". That's not "small".

I guess the 2010 Chargers (Gates, Jackson, Naanee, Floyd) or 2008 Jaguars (Lewis, Jones, Northcutt) would have been a better receiving core because they were big. Those teams won some championships, I'll tell ya.

[/QUOTE]

I would disagree here...it was 100% a height issue.

First of all Amendola did not drop the ball. He caught the ball with his arms fully extended over his head, with the ball firmly in both hands for a catch. The DB, even with Amendola's arms fully extended, was able to reach up and knock the ball from Amendolas hands. If the WR was Dobson, Gronk or perhaps even Thompson all 6'1" or taller, the DB would not have been able to extend to the ball to jar it loose.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Seattle is allegedly the best team in the NFL, right? Isn't that the consensus?

Their receivers are: 

5'10 (Baldwin)

5'10 (Tate)

5'11 (Harvin, caught one pass all year) 

6'1 (Kearse, 19 catches)

6'2 (Lockette, 3 catches, basically a special teamer)

6'4 (Rice, caught 15 passes, went on IR)

Maybe there's more to football than tall receivers...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

First of all Amendola did not drop the ball. He caught the ball with his arms fully extended over his head, with the ball firmly in both hands for a catch. The DB, even with Amendola's arms fully extended, was able to reach up and knock the ball from Amendolas hands. If the WR was Dobson, Gronk or perhaps even Thompson all 6'1" or taller, the DB would not have been able to extend to the ball to jar it loose.  

[/QUOTE]

He had it snow coned with his finger tips and had to readjust hence the bobble which gave the opening to have it knocked out with minimal force. A clean catch and the likelyhood of it being knocked out goes down drastically. However, point is still made a taller WR would have caught it closer to his body rather than over his head which would have made it an easier catch and certainly one that could have more easily blocked out the CB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Usually ...Bigger receivers have bigger hands as well.    And longer arms.  All leading to the likely conclusion that the ball would have been secured  before DB's weak play on that ball.  It was a perfect throw...  Should have been a touchdown. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their receivers are: 

5'10 (Baldwin)

5'10 (Tate)

6'1 (Kearse, 19 catches)

[/QUOTE]

Of course by the do help in the RZ. Just look at the stats preGronk, with Gronk, and post-Gronk. One of the worst RZ teams to a better than average one back to one of the worst

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Their receivers are: 

5'10 (Baldwin)

5'10 (Tate)

6'1 (Kearse, 19 catches)

Beast mode and a mobile QB go a long way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

Their receivers are: 

5'10 (Baldwin)

5'10 (Tate)

6'1 (Kearse, 19 catches)

[/QUOTE]

Um... SEattle hasn't won anything.     Patriots with small receivers have lost the big games of the past nine years without  Charlie Weis.    So there is a little bit of a track record there. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Their receivers are: 

5'10 (Baldwin)

5'10 (Tate)

6'1 (Kearse, 19 catches)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Point being there's more than one way to matriculate the football. You don't need 6'4 WRs. Pats have few issues moving the ball. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Point being there's more than one way to matriculate the football. You don't need 6'4 WRs. Pats have few issues moving the ball. 

They do struggle punching it in without a big guy though.  I think the Seahawks make do in the RZ without big receivers because of their RB and the QB as a threat to run.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They do struggle punching it in without a big guy though.  I think the Seahawks make do in the RZ without big receivers because of their RB and the QB as a threat to run.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Check this out:

Both teams have scored 38 TDs on offense.

Seattle has 25 passing TDs, Pats have 23.

Seattle has 13 rushing TDs, Pats have 15.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Their receivers are: 

5'10 (Baldwin)

5'10 (Tate)

6'1 (Kearse, 19 catches)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agree, you dont need 6'4" WR's...but if you are going to throw the fade jump ball in the EZ, it certainly helps to not be 5'9"