Whether the Colts win the super bowl or not they are still not the team of this decade.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Whether the Colts win the super bowl or not they are still not the team of this decade.

So many people can not wait for a Colts championship so they can some how start the debate of which team, the Pats or the Colts is the team of the decade. And those people are the same people who sat and waited for spygate so they could try and tear Belichick down. But IMO it does not matter, he can all the MVP awards he wants it wont change the fact that he has a horrible playoff record even if they win this year and the Pats played in 4 super bowls this decade and won 3 and the Colts only made it to two if they make it that is. So I just want to get a jump start on this whole thing before it begins and say the Pats are 100% the team of this decade no questions about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Re: Whether the Colts win the super bowl or not they are still not the team of this decade.

If any team has the right to challenge what has already been decided by the major sports magazines it is the Steelers not the Dolts. I have a great deal of respect for the Steelers as an organization and a rival. I have been to two Patriot games there and always was well treated in their stadium. They too have suffered under awful officiating in their games with goober and the Dolts. Plus the beer is cold and the food was hot!!!!  Not so much the women. LOL  Have a great weekend killa...hope the dolts and green slime beat the crap out of each other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Re: Whether the Colts win the super bowl or not they are still not the team of this decade.

MVPKilla- I couldn't agree with you more. I can't speak for the Colts Fans, but as A Steeler Fan, I don't think it should even be debated. I love the Steelers, but the years they won their Superbowls, they were not one of the top teams thru those seasons. They peaked at the right time, kind of like the Giants did two years ago.
    They may have won against Seattle, but I was very disappointed in their performance(played great in the playoffs, but one of the most boring Superbowls ever) And they've been so up & down each season, not really consistent as The Patriots or the Colts. Although the Patriots lost to the Giants in the SB, you still can't discard what a unbelieveable run they had that season. They not only beat teams, but destroyed most of them. To me the Patriots have been the team in this decade that everyone else has measured theselves by. I always felt confident when the Steelers played anyone but the Patriots. That's because I seen some great teams in the 70's, 80's 90's, and the Patriots belong in the same class as these teams. Not knocking the Colts, they have been good, but that's just my honest opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Sports Illustrated has decided that the decade is already over (though some people say it goes 2001-2010, not 2000-2009) and have proclaimed the Patriots the team of the decade.  It's over and done with, and no other team can challenge the Patriots' title, no matter what happens the rest of 2010.  It's on to a new decade.  Let's hope the Patriots are the team of the next decade as well! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Colts and Steelers are not the team of the decade.  But neither are the Pats.  We won 3 Super Bowls, the last was 5 years ago.  That doesn't make you the "Team of the Decade."  There is no team of the decade this decade.  We might have been the team of the first half of the decade, but we haven't done squat since then. 

In terms of the AFC East, we are definitely the team of the decade, having won 7 out of 10 AFC East titles.  But that is the extent of our glory on the scale of a decade. 

Why are so many people hung up on the Pats being the team of the decade and a super dynasty and all that nonsense?  It's the same people whose panties are in a bunch over the Colts possibly going 19-0, like they're afraid they hopped on the wrong team's bandwagon.  Just enjoy the sport for what it is - a few good teams kicking the crap out of 25 horrible teams. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

The decade is OVER a new one has started, the Colts may be the team of the next decade but not the last one !!!!

Hey Mighty who the  hell is then

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

You won't find this title in any history books, but when the years have passed, I think the Pats will be identified as the best franchise of the 00's. 

Then someone will ask about that taping thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"Then someone will ask about that taping thing"

lol, touche

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 1/22/2010
    You won't find this title in any history books, but when the years have passed, I think the Pats will be identified as the best franchise of the 00's. 

Go aw...Wait what did you just say? Am I reading that right? I think I need to sit down for a minute.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"We might have been the team of the first half of the decade, but we haven't done squat since then."

Umm, well, an undefeated regular season leading to a Super Bowl run and a game that was lost by a God-enabled catch on the helmet of a player who can't find a spot on the field since then, well, that's a pretty damn good season. Remember also that undefeated regular season had significance because it proved that Spygate was not the key to the Pats successes earlier in the decade. Also, we know that the Colts' Bill Polian places a very high value on regular season success and winning streaks!

Sports fans like to talk about teams of the decade, it's just fun, no other reason is needed. Personally I consider this Super Bowl to be part of the 2009 season and part of the last decade. If the Colts win it, I'd have to consider them strongly for team of the decade also. Had they nailed the perfect season they really would have had an argument in my eyes.  Pats, Steelers and Colts clearly have the resumes to be in the discussion. I'd give a slight nod to the Pats based on most Super Bowl appearances and most rings, but to your point, it's a lot closer debate than it appeared it would be in 2005. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So if you win 3 Super Bowls and then win your division most years and have one spectacular regular season, that suddenly makes you "Team of the Decade."  Well la dee freekin da.  That and $2.00 gets you a ride on the T.