Which back goes where in rd1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Which back goes where in rd1?

The way I see it, 6 teams could possibly take a RB in rd1. In rd1 of the draft, who goes where? I have the following taking backs:
    5-KC
    7-CLE
    20-HOU
    22-NE
    24-PHI
    28-SD
    SPILLER (Clemson), BEST(Cal), GERHART(Stanford),MCCLUSTER(MISS),Scott(LSU), Mathews(Fresno St),Hardesty(TEN),& Ben Tate(Auburn) could all go in rd1.

Please assign a back to a team, if you dont think they'll take one, say none.

what say there you?

KC Spiller
    CLE Best
    HOU Scott
    NE McCluster
    PHI Hardesty
    SD Gerhart (he was in SD yesterday)
    tell me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Which back goes where in rd1?

You might have 2 backs go in the first but I can't see 6. But with the teams you listed here you go on my feelings on who takes who in the first:

5 KC - None
    7 Clev - None
    20 Hou - None
    22 NE - None
    24 Phi - None
    28 SD - Best

with Spiller going to SF at 13

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree mostly with Pat eng but here is what I got....

5 KC - None (they have J. Charles already)
    7 Clev - None
    14 Seattle - I like Sea landing CJ Spiller
    20 Hou - None (need DB)
    22 NE - None  (need Def)
    24 Phi - None
    28 SD - I like SD picking up Mathews here.

I like the Pats nailing down a RB with one of their 2nd round picks --I like Hardesty(TEN) RB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Which back goes where in rd1?:
    The way I see it, 6 teams could possibly take a RB in rd1. In rd1 of the draft, who goes where? I have the following taking backs: 5-KC 7-CLE 20-HOU 22-NE 24-PHI 28-SD SPILLER (Clemson), BEST(Cal), GERHART(Stanford),MCCLUSTER(MISS),Scott(LSU), Mathews(Fresno St),Hardesty(TEN),& Ben Tate(Auburn) could all go in rd1. Please assign a back to a team, if you dont think they'll take one, say none. what say there you? KC Spiller CLE Best HOU Scott NE McCluster PHI Hardesty SD Gerhart (he was in SD yesterday) tell me
    Posted by jbolted

KC; none. They're set with Thomas. Likely to take and OT like Okung.
    CLE; Spiller. They need a RB is he's the cream of the crop.
    HOU; Matthews. they want a big back.
    Pats; takes Maurkice Pouncey, look for a RB in second round or lower.
    PHL;  Best.  Best available RB. Best is Best. 
    SD; none. takes the best available DT.

This scenario would work out great for the Pats, leaving Dwyer, Gerhadt and Hardesy still available at #44 unless some team goes against predictions in round 1, which is more likely than  not. 

Would the Pats use their #44 on a RB? I doubt it. I'd think they're go OLB/DE/TE depending on who's left available at  #44 and #47. Could go with #57 one of the three, Dwyer, Gerhart or Hardesy, if any still available here. I think they'd prefer Gerhart, of the three.

I thnk this is one year where  BB doesn't trade down and may even trade up, using our 2011 first round picks to get additional firsts and/or seconds in 2010. We just have too many needs this year.

In the above prediction, say we've picked up an OL, RB, OLB and TE with our first four picks. We still desperately need a starting caliber ILB and  DE and we're not likely to find starting caliber guys in the 4th, 6th and 7th rounds, which is what we're left with after our first four picks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

kc got tj and jamal charles

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Please assign a back to a team, if you dont think they'll take one, say none.

what say there you?

KC Spiller  - Ah no.  They are paying $63 MM for Cassel - they need to protect him - Not let him get killed for the 2nd year in a row.  OL here.

CLE Best - Doubtful.  They have so many other holes to Fill. 

HOU Scott - They need too much help on the defensive side.  Perhaps 2nd or 3rd RD they may look to add value, or perhaps send Lendale White to Jenny Craig.

NE McCluster  -  I look for Hardesty or Tate - final pick of 2nd rd.

PHI Hardesty - They have McCoy and Weaver.  Perhaps a later Rd value pick at RB, but not 1st Rd.

SD Gerhart (he was in SD yesterday)  - He would be a compliment to Sproles - I could see this pick.

tell me

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

All:
    I goofed. Forgot about T. Jones from NYJ goin to KC. Scratch KC from my list. add SF though, Frank Gore needs help. Spiller would be good to add to the power style of Gore.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Spiller and Mathews are 1st rounders.  Someone could panic and reach for Best.  The run on RBs will be mid to late in the 2nd round.  If you miss it here you miss out on the best of the RBs.

I don't see how the Pats pass up on Mathews if he's there.  The run on RBs and QBs will help talent drop to the Pats 3 2nd rounders. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I think the pats will go defense with the first pick, get a TE and WR after that and keep building the defense and o-line

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from iceman778. Show iceman778's posts

jates may indeed be the flavour of the month while nobody is playing...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I don't ever try and guess what other teams will do.The Patriots will trade out of their slot so they definately won't hinder the Chargers chances of getting Matthews however if Spiller is still sitting on the board by #22 forget about them moving off the pick,they will select him in a heartbeat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

bobby

I think so.  Basically, a DE and an OLB can fix the D.  But offensively we have more questions.  Aged RBs were a bain last year.  The Pats had no choice but to ride Maroney with injuries eating up significant time.  We need a TE and WR too.  Is the OL right? 

Another arguement would be talent.  If a RB like Mathews is there I don't know how you pass him up for a guy like Odrick.  Impact positions speak volumnes.  Likewise if Graham is there the Pats should jump all over him, a huge impact player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Which back goes where in rd1?:
    bobby I think so.  Basically, a DE and an OLB can fix the D.  But offensively we have more questions.  Aged RBs were a bain last year.  The Pats had no choice but to ride Maroney with injuries eating up significant time.  We need a TE and WR too.  Is the OL right?  Another arguement would be talent.  If a RB like Mathews is there I don't know how you pass him up for a guy like Odrick.  Impact positions speak volumnes.  Likewise if Graham is there the Pats should jump all over him, a huge impact player.
    Posted by garytx
    The only problem with your Odrick anology is that there are 27 quality DL available in this years draft according to Mike Mayock @ NFL Network,there are also another 10 -15 OLB's who are also in this draft,but when it ccomes to RB's there are only 7 Quality backs,who actually are RB's exclusively...So if Spiller falls to #22 the Patriots will not trade out otherwise look for them to be involved in some sort of draft trade.