which cb defends against Brandon Marshall?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: which cb defends against Brandon Marshall?

McCourty is the Patriots #1 corner and will most likely be on Marshall.  He is the best and most physical corner we have with Bodden out and it's a natural fit for him to cover Marshall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Not McCourty. Miami will move Marshall away from him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Whoever with FS help from Meriweather on some occasions. A better idea is who helps the pass rush by doubling Long or RT ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Has to be McCourty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The Pats play LCB and RCB, so whoever he lines up across from.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mighty is right. The Pats don't move CBs. 

I'd put Meriweather over Arrington on most plays so that Arrington plays more aggressively. I'd be more worried about defending the run, Marshall is great, but he can be stopped. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

As long as James Sanders is not involved in anyway then at least it won't be a guaranteed td every time( i used to like him but he looks as though he has regressed imo). No seriously we need to have safety help on this guy and from what I saw on Sunday night Bess and Hartline are good enough to make some plays against Butler or whoever. I think the ability to stop the run without over commiting is going to be the deciding factor in slowing down the Fins offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: which cb defends against Brandon Marshall?:
    [QUOTE]As long as James Sanders is not involved in anyway then at least it won't be a guaranteed td every time( i used to like him but he looks as though he has regressed imo). No seriously we need to have safety help on this guy and from what I saw on Sunday night Bess and Hartline are good enough to make some plays against Butler or whoever. I think the ability to stop the run without over commiting is going to be the deciding factor in slowing down the Fins offense.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

agreed, guy should not be in the nfl any longer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats play LCB and RCB, so whoever he lines up across from.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

exactly...the question on the thread title is the wrong question. the real question is who plays opposite mccourty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

the pats are not keeping corners on one side this year.  watch mccourty will be on marshall with safety help

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

i dont care who defends him, how many yards he has, how many touchdowns he has, just as long as we win!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think this game could be like the '08 game in Miami (I hope). After watching the Phins move the ball easily on the Jets, I think the Pats have to outscore the Phins. Maybe focus on stopping the phins inside the red zone?

McCourty could give Marshall some trouble, but I don't think anyone would shut him down. Butler could stay with Marshall athletically, but he's lose 90% of the time in a physical situation. It's a tough call. Could Arrington rough him up a little, then give safety help over the top? Either way I don't see how Marshall won't have a big day. Henne looked pretty good too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]... McCourty could give Marshall some trouble, but I don't think anyone would shut him down. Butler could stay with Marshall athletically, but he's lose 90% of the time in a physical situation. It's a tough call. ... 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

slow him down means covering him for the first 4 secs. if the pass rush can't get to henne in that time, marshall and every one of their receivers will separate. the CBs will be toast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

The Pats should be fine as long as they don't put a woman on him. He's pretty good at beating them.

And all the people whining about the CBs- give the Pats a decent pass rush and see how much better they look.

Butler is a work in progrees. And someday he will be a solid to very good corner.

Some of you people need to calm down. This season is what it is. There's nothing they can do between now and the end of the season to turn this team into a title contender. The offseason is a different story. Bodden and Warrebn will be back. For now, just sit back and enjoy the ride. The Pats are retooling.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

I am interested to see this.  Does your defense bring peeps up to support the run or drop more back to defend against Marshall and help the CBs.  On Miami's last possession against the Jets, we dropped 8 and rushed 3 but that was in a goal line situation and we basically flooded the field with DBs. 

Marshal  is Miami's big pickup this summer along with Dansbury on defense.  Both are excellent additions.  We all knew they would make miami relevant in the afc and a force to be reckoned with.  They were strong last year but they have definitely stepped it up a level this year.  I am almost as excited to see this unfold as I am to see the Jets play Buff this week. Hope we arent set up for a trap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Marshall will have a big day whoever is covering him. The question is do the Dolphins stick to the run to keep Brady off the field? I really hope Odrick and Crowder play because Tim Dobbins and Quintin Moses aren't cutting it. I look for Miami to try and run,run,run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

My gut is telling me that the fish will run first but they risk losing Marshall mentally being in the game.  Arent the pats favored this game.  I would take the points...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

If Fitzgerald can light us up with his corps of WR nobodies, than our secondary is in for a long day against Marshall and Co.  I do think we will see move Cover 2 this week to prevent the long play.  Against the Jets we were more in man because Sanchez had handcuffs on; Ryan not allowing him to make mistakes by going deep too often.

We will have a tough time against the run and pass against the Dolphins.  It will be a shoot out again, I'm afraid.  Brady has to stay away from Vontae Davis and exploit the other side of the field with Tate and Hernandez.  Welker needs to have a big day too.  I don't see us doing much on the ground against that solid front 7 so, Brady needs to have a HUGE day for us to win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Either Darius or McCourty and they probably will line up Marshall on Butlers side. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I beieve the Pats will scheme to disguise coverage and periodically change it up.  Perhaps McCourty one on one with the FS over the top.  They did something similar to this against Cincy in the first half and Carson Palmer acknowledged that he had difficulty making reads with the Pats scheme. 

I also believe Miami will be run first, pass second, go deep to Marshall perhaps a couple of times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Both CB's and safties too!  We will be exposed as Patsies this year in this game.  BB needs to be replaced as draftmeister; too many bad picks over past 5 years.  The team reflects his lack of accomplishment in this area.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]Both CB's and safties too!  We will be exposed as Patsies this year in this game.  BB needs to be replaced as draftmeister; too many bad picks over past 5 years.  The team reflects his lack of accomplishment in this area.
    Posted by fyyankees[/QUOTE]

What if the Pats use a safety to hit him off the line of scrimmage than 15 yards back cover him with a corner? In other words take some of steam out of him before he 's down the field.