Which has more risk drafting a first round pass rusher or Haynesworth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Which has more risk drafting a first round pass rusher or Haynesworth?

In my opinion there is less risk to bringing in Haynesworth and hoping he fits in and produces than dropping a 1st round pick on a pass rusher especially where the Patriots picked.

Even if the Patriots landed a pass rusher, they don't develop overnight, they take a few seasons unless you strike the very rare gold coin. There is usually only one rusher like that in the draft and somewhat unpredictable.

The two signings really make the draft look very good as all needs were addressed, at least to the point where there is no longer any glaring needs. OLB and OL could use a little more beef but without any more moves the Pats should be in good shape to make a run. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: Which has more risk drafting a first round pass rusher or Haynesworth?

I think your title answers the question.  A first round pass rusher is a much bigger risk.  The Pats only gave up a 5th for AH....and it's not even next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You're basically asking whats more dangerous: An unkown player, or a proven top 5 DL player who dominated for 3 years.

I'll say Albert is safe. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A year ago I thought we should of made a run for this guy because he is an all world talent that you can build a defense around. When looking back, I was probably wrong...he's a nut job that could care less about winning or putting the effort in to win. I hope Belichick and our enviorement can keep this guy motivated, but I think he gats motivated for money only and that will be the problem (he got it already).

I loved the defense the Titans were running with this guy in the middle and in theory, we could do it here. Wilfork next to Haynsworth - Wright playing the role of Kyle Van Bosch - Mayo flying around behind the mountains in the middle...Cunningham bringing a speed rush off the edge...Spikes blitzing up the gut..Pryor is tailor made to play DT in a 43 as a rusher and complete player. Will Haynsworth blow the whole thing up? Does it matter? It's not like we have the horses for the 34 (and we haven't for a while). Should be fun either way. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Why does he not care about winning?  Washington is not a great place to be right now.  Going forward.. maybe.  He was put into a situation he didn't want to be in.  I am sure BB had a nice long talk to him about what to expect in NE, because why would he bring him in if he wasn't going to be happy again about his playing situation. 

The guy is not perfect, but if we gave Moss a chance why not Albert.  Moss quit because he was not winning.  Albert quit because he signed a deal for one reason and a year later it changed.   What if you're an accountant and a new boss comes in telling you to do sales now, and you hate talking and dealing with people?  Haynesworth should do what Shanny says, but I can see his side as well. 

Whatever, lets see how is shakes out, but I am extremely happy about this trade. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

A first round pick would probably have come into camp a little fitter and without the groping charge hanging over him...

However, for a fifth round pick, Al is a little less riskier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

A first round pick on an unproven player, or a a 5th two years down the road for a top end D lineman?

If big Albert gets the motivation to try his best, we will have an insane interior pass rush.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Imo the toughest positions to project , from college to the pros , is projecting OLB's , WR's and CB's. Obviously QB's are risky , we all know the bust , Ware , Couch , Leaf etc. But imo that has more to do with whats between your ears. As opposed to physical ability. WR's and DB's often play against poor competition and are accustomed to playing in a certain style of O or D. And playing OLB in the NFL is just no joke. Between setting the edge , changing direction , dropping back in coverage and being explosive enough to get to the QB , you can see why its a make or break position in the 3-4. This board was going crazy the past few years screaming about drafting a Jerry Hughes , Bowman or Sapp. I have n/p admitting when im wrong , but i was dead on about staying away from most if not all of those guys. Another thing we all know , is how picky BB is about drafting these guys. LOL The guys is right a lot more than he is wrong.