who are the most under-rated players of the decade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

who are the most under-rated players of the decade?

espn had a few names that i could agree with.plus you could add kevin faulk,or fred taylor to name a couple.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-8-227/The-most-underrated-players-of-the-decade.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: who are the most under-rated players of the decade?

This is a great topic, there are so many names. Lots of Patriots in my mind stand out. And that cant be debated as most of teh players on our early championship teams were unknowns. Here is my list. And I am counted guys that simply went undrafted because i dont know of a bigger way to under rate a player then to have him go undrafted. So with that as my critera for this list here I go.

Kevin Faulk
    Wes Welker
    Jeff Saturday
    London Fletcher
    Fred Taylor
    James Harrision
    Adalius Thomas
    Matt Cassel
    Mike Vrabel
    Tedy Bruschi
    Kurt Warner
    Kerry Collins
    Jake Dellhomme
    Roman Phiffer
    Maurice Jones drew
    Shawn Springs
    Amanti Toomer
    Justin Tuck
    Shawn O Hara
    Tom Brady (maybe not since 2001 haha but he was a 6th round pick)
    Matt Hasselbeck
    Aaron Rodgers
    David Garrard
    Jared Allen

I am sure there more but this list will be huge if i keep going. You might not agree with all my picks but i have a reason for each person feel free to ask me why i picked someone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

you can add antwan smith,keith trailor,ben coats,ted washington.maybe even bobby hamilton.this is just some pats players.there are many others on the other teams.that dont get the recognition they should.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

aaron smith never gets any credit

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Ben Coates was not underrated as a player. He was considered one of teh best TEs in teh game when he played. But he was a late round draft choice so I guess you could be right. I didnt include him or any of the other guys you named off because they were all in ther 30's when this decade started and the question was restricted to this decade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Here are some current players that I like for this:

Gary Brackett - udfa - 03
    Raheem Brock - udfa - 02
    Robert Mathis - 5th Rd - 03

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Raheem Brock is not underrated what so ever, he is right where he should be. He is a run of the mill player. But I agree with Brackett and Mathis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Brett Favre, the poor guy never got any attention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Truth be told - Freeney is underrated based not on his draft position but the fact that everyone excluding the colts thought that as a very undersized DE, his first round selection was a serious reach. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Now you are really stretching it underdogg lol There is no way Freeny is underrated, if anything he is overrated. McNabb was blasted in the media after teh Eagles drafted him too does that make him underrated as well? Just face it, the Colts have very little in the way of underrated players, your team has been stacked for years. Well on offense at least maybe you have a few underrated players on D but Freeny aint one of them. The most underrated player on your team would be Jeff Saturday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: who are the most under-rated players of the decade?:
    [QUOTE]Ben Coates was not underrated as a player. He was considered one of teh best TEs in teh game when he played. But he was a late round draft choice so I guess you could be right. I didnt include him or any of the other guys you named off because they were all in ther 30's when this decade started and the question was restricted to this decade.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]my bad i was thinking the past 10 years.but im gonna add troy brown,and joey gallowway.troy put up great numbers,and can play just about any position.gallowway has put up great numbers ln his time playing football.mathis may have been under the radar so far,but he is still on the rise,and could get his glory.there are many young players that are just starting to come to there own.its the guys that have been going at it for 7-10 yrs and have played very well,and never get mentioned,or a vote to the pro-bowl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

London Fletcher is quite possibly the most underrated player in the entire NFL. He has averaged over 100 tackles a season his entire career and he has never been to a pro bowl.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - Freeney is probably not underrated.  The media is just a bunch of idiots about predicting who will and will not be stars in the league.  truth is no one really knows - even the teams who draft these players.  The best teams in the league including the pats and colts have all had hits and misses with high draft picks. 

Where freeney is concerned, the media was flat wrong which made Polian look really smart.  As for being overrated, I disagree.  He's not Seymour, but Seymour is not Freeney.  They may play a position with the same name, but their roles are substantially different due to scheme.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The qualifying trait should be that the player never made a pro bowl for a start...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

wozzy that cant be the only factor though, because guys like Rodney Harrison only made two pro bowls there entire career which would siggest they are underrated but in fact Rodney was always very highly thought of by opposing teams. I agree it is a factor in some cases but not all. Like London Fletcher has never made a pro bowl even though he has averaged 100 tackles a season his entire career. He is very underrated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Skill position players, I'd say the following:

Kevin Faulk
    Troy Brown
    Warrick Dunn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]London Fletcher is quite possibly the most underrated player in the entire NFL. He has averaged over 100 tackles a season his entire career and he has never been to a pro bowl.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Agree with \|Fletcher he always seemed to be around a 100 tackles and made some great plays. The problem was that he usually was the only one on his defense that was making great plays. Eg; he never played for a great defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Kevin Faulk, the best 3rd down back since Dave Meggett.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

Moss effect...you make me laugh. I have no doubt Fred Taylor and Joey Galloway never entered your mind until they became Pats. Both were college stars on top programs and first round picks...how is that under rated? Home town fans can be very annoying. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Moss effect...you make me laugh. I have no doubt Fred Taylor and Joey Galloway never entered your mind until they became Pats. Both were college stars on top programs and first round picks...how is that under rated? Home town fans can be very annoying. 
    Posted by wildyellow1[/QUOTE] yellowfellow-look it up in your yellow book, how many times have we heard these two names mentioned through out there careers?how many pro-bowls have they been elected into?I can tell you that in fred taylors 11 yrs,he finally got elected in 2007,but only as a replacement.gallowway was elected twice once in 98,and in 2005 as an alternate.when compareing them to other players,how many people pick the other guys.so its more like the out siders that come here have no real team to brag about.so they want to try and insult someone,when they are only insulting themselves,because they make no sence.what a player does in college dosent indicate anything.its what they become in the NFL. and if you look at these two players stats,they deserve a lot more recognition they have gotten.oh by the way,im here in florida visiting my dad who is a dolphins fan,and other family members.beleive me,there are many players here,that i here about all the time from my brother who lives in the tampabay area and a bucs fan,my uncle who is a jags fan.so yes i know quite a bit about them.for me and my family jaw at each other all the time.now at home in mass.,its me my mom,and two sisters that are the faithfuls here.its one of the great moments of family.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

Good luck.