Who are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Who are you?

Now that the seaon has statred tell me who I am talking with?

I live in VA just outside DC. Born and raised just north of Boston though. I root for the 4 Boston teams for better or worse. Good times and bad.

I own my own buisness and have 5 kids, coach travel softball and play as much golf as I can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Who are you?

Born and raised in Connecticut. Diehard pats/celtics fan. Huge Bruin fan (wouldn't call it diehard tho) and I root for the Sox but don't like baseball much. I'm now down in FlorIda (sad I know gotta deal with Dolphins fans...) doing the school thing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

hey, hub...   I live on Kent Island MD...  born and raised in NH and never lost my NE roots for those sports teams I support.  Unfortnately, the amount of time I have lived in Maryland has made all three of my children Ravens fans even though one was born in Falmouth MA and the middle child in Middletown CT.  Moved down to MD in '79.  OY!

As you can tell by my avatar, I, too, am into golf, a lot! The pic is of me making a birdie putt, taken by my brother, while we were on a trip to Myrtle Beach.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Born and raised in Boston (well half way through my teens moved out to the Northshore/Coastline NH but that's pretty much Boston to the rest of the country) and yes have sat on the metal bleachers freezing my butt off (like it really matters anyways). If you can't tell I love analysis and breaking stuff down (part of my history in the sport) and work in the sciences with a couple degrees in engineering (hence the Eng, it is not short for english) and material sciences.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Born and raised in Beverly Ma. Now living in Worcester county. Lived in MA. all my life except during my stint in the USMC. Love all the Boston/New England teams but Pats are my favorites and have been since 1963.  I have 3 kids and lots of pets and I work in robotics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

hey, hub...   I live on Kent Island MD...  born and raised in NH and never lost my NE roots for those sports teams I support.  Unfortnately, the amount of time I have lived in Maryland has made all three of my children Ravens fans even though one was born in Falmouth MA and the middle child in Middletown CT.  Moved down to MD in '79.  OY!

As you can tell by my avatar, I, too, am into golf, a lot! The pic is of me making a birdie putt, taken by my brother, while we were on a trip to Myrtle Beach.

My family lives in Manchester now. Two brothers and mom and dad. I have a place in MB. Barefoot Dye Villas. Four great golf courses to play. I am playing latter today and then Friday am. 

Kent Island is windy, tough place to play. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My family lives in Manchester now. Two brothers and mom and dad. I have a place in MB. Barefoot Dye Villas. Four great golf courses to play. I am playing latter today and then Friday am. 

Kent Island is windy, tough place to play. 

[/QUOTE]

hub, all my family still in NH.  I am a member of Queenstown Harbor over here.  Play there 2 - 3 times a week. Today would be a golf day, but truck in the shop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I grew up and live in CT. I work for an accounting firm, and I am taking classes to hit my CPA credit hour requirement and get my Master's. I too love golf, and I am also a huge tennis guy. I am a die hard Pats and Bruins fan, somewhat follow the Sox, and could care less about basketball.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Born and raised in New Bedford, Ma didn't leave New England till 24.  Now live out in Dupont, Wa ever since the military relocated me here.  Met my Wife, desided to settle here in WA.  I'm a Paramedic now and loving it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Born in Boston and raised all over the South Shore. Was going to school in Springfield the past but decided that it wasn't for me. Was a Criminal Justice major but decided the military would be the best path for me so i'm currently pursuing that. I'm a diehard Pats and Celtics fan (Pats more though). Then Bruins (love me some Bruins) and lastly Red Sox (who doesn't love the Sox?).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I was born in Texas, my dad was in the Air Force and was stationed there (he is an A&M grad). Moved to Kansas City as a young kid, and then up to Groveland in 1965 and my family has been in the area since then. I live in southern NH now (Brentwood), and do IT work for a small financial company in Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Moved to MA when I was 10 in 1976...you do the math!! Have two boys (9&10)...live near NH border. Also lived in Maine & NH during my 20s. Spent many cold days on those metal bleacher seats...Sam Cunningham was my favorite Patriot when I was a kid.

Just went back to corporate world after owning my own business for 9 years, and work for a marketing firm in sales.

Pats are #1 for me...then the Bs...Haven't really followed the Celts since the Bird days. Red Sox I could care less, baseball is way too boring for me. Oh and I've been on this forum since 05....so I've seen it all....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Born and raised in little Rhody still reside there. Currently live just outside of Providence. Work in Mass for a small company in charge of Operations. have 2 daughters in college (which means I am broke) one who is graduating this year.  Have been a season ticket holder for over 15 years didn't need to have season tickets prior to the Kraft’s owning the team. I actually miss the old barn with the metal benches but only because of the acoustics. That stadium could get real loud. Pats are my hobby/passion. Big B's fan going back to the early 70's. No disrespect to the Sox and Celts fans but I just don't like the sports for a variety of reasons... especially baseball.

BTW I can’t spell for sh*t which I am sure some of you have picked up on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

Moved to MA when I was 10 in 1976...you do the math!! Have two boys (9&10)...live near NH border. Also lived in Maine & NH during my 20s. Spent many cold days on those metal bleacher seats...Sam Cunningham was my favorite Patriot when I was a kid.

Just went back to corporate world after owning my own business for 9 years, and work for a marketing firm in sales.

Pats are #1 for me...then the Bs...Haven't really followed the Celts since the Bird days. Red Sox I could care less, baseball is way too boring for me. Oh and I've been on this forum since 05....so I've seen it all....

I used to be a huge Sox / bseball fan. The game has lost me the last few years. The game is slow and only the larger market teams can win year in and year out. Small market teams need to have good luck and a great GM. They can't afford to miss on a high priced FO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

I was bron in Arlington.  My family moved around till I was 8 at which time we moved to the South Shore.   I stayed around Boston throughout my college years and for ahwile after. In 1981, however, I left the region for good and I've lived in the South (Texas, Alabama, Florida) since then.  I lost my accent but never my connection to All Boston sports teams.  My Dad took me to my first game at Fenway when I was about 7.  I remember sitting in the bleachers when seats were a buck.  I liked the Bill Russell/Sam Jones/Havlicek Celtics and really followed the Cowens era teams closely.  Of course, the Larry era was gold, but I was gone by then.  The B's won the Stanley Cup when I was in high school.  In fact, I was at Game 6 (?) in Boston against the Habs when Johnny Pie McKenzie scored an improbable winning goal in double overtime.  I got stuck in Mattapan that night with my brother because the T stopped running.  My favorite memories, though, were watching the old Boston Patriots on TV because it was something my whole family and relatives did together on weekends.  I can't recapture that closeness to family these days, but at least once every weekend, win or lose, I have a Patriots Call on the phone with my brother who still lives in NE.  Enjoy the season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Born in the Back Bay, raised in West Roxbury, graduated from Roslindale High (yeah, I'm that flippin old) joined the Navy to see the world at 17, married a Readville girl a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.  Retired from USN a number of years ago.  CEO of a nonprofit organization in Connecticut since shortly after I left USN. Two married grown kids who are highly successful on their own, one grandchild with a second on the way (son finally did the right thing Wink).

Been a Boston sports fan since I was a kid.  Grew up with Bill Russell as my idol.  Pats fan since the franchise was formed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

user... I remember those good 'ol days of the Celts, Sawx, Pats and Bruins.  The old "Gahden" was quite a place to see a game and being there when Orr, Espo were at their peak was great.  Yaz and the '67 Sawx were something. Them bleachers at the old football haunts were something, too!  Ah, memories of a long time fan, no bandwagon here!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Born and raised in the neighboring community of Attleboro.  After a long career as a small business owner, I'm now retired and living in Pensacola, FL.  Beautiful year-round weather, great golf courses, which afford me plenty of opportunities in my desperate attempt  at trying to shoot my age.  Fantastic beaches and wonderful salt-water fishing.  But nothing peaks my enjoyment quite like following the Sox, Celtics, and Patriots. (not necessarily in that order, depending on their respective records) *=)) rolling on the floor

'Passion (from the Latin verb patī meaning to suffer) is a term applied to a very strong feeling about a person or thing.'  And that very much defines my affinity and devotion. And Lord knows, like so many other New England fans, I too have endured a certain degree of 'suffering' as a member of the ever faithful. 

GO PATS.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Hey hub, I live outside of DC in Silver Spring, MD. I do make several trips a year up I 95 because my son goes to UCONN but I was born and raised in MA. Grew up a diehard boston sports fan. A vet from the Gulf War and spent time travelling around the world. Try to catch teams when they are in the area and remembering going to a Nats game when the Sox were in town it was like a Red Sox home game. Alot of people here as you know are displanted New Englanders.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I am Batman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Born and raised in southeastern MA, near RI.  Went to college in Providence before the military sent me around the country (and world).  I am a huge Boston sports fan, with the Sox and Pats being the teams I am most passionate about (though I still root Celts & Bruins all the way). 

My wife's from TX and my kid was born in KS.  We live in MD now.  However, my wife is now a Boston sports fan, and we are working on ensuring our child will be one too.  No matter where the service takes me, I always get DirecTV to watch the Pats and I try to catch every Sox and Celts game that comes on national TV.  Heck, I've even gotten up in the middle of the night during tours to Iraq to catch Pats games. 

I am definitely not a bandwagon fan, nor do I believe in turning this forum into a cheap shot and whine-centric board. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I am Batman.

You're Ben Affleck?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

born and raised on so shore , left mass in the '80s but have followed and rooted for all boston teams since i left, now live in az

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

Coming to you live from Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I'm an x-ray tech, always working the late shifts. I stumbled upon this forum after my clinical rotation site blocked yahoo and I was no longer able to access the yahoo pats website (I always got on there for the links page).  They didn't block boston.com and I enjoyed the banter...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.