Who are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Who are you?

In response to carawaydj's comment:

Grew up in NH, mostly Belmont.  Wasn't into the NFL until the area went crazy the season leading up to SB XX.  Couldn't escape the NFL that year lol.  Been a fan since then.  Haven't lived in New England in a looong time.  I've lived in TX, FL, CA, HI, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Germany, and currently live on Whidbey Island in WA.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

I know Belmont...  know a chirpractor named Charles Fink?  Lives off Brown Hill Rd, he's my b-in-law.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I moved to the New England area to to go to college in Cambridge in 1974 and never really left, except for a few years abroad. Married a girl from East Boston, and discovered that I married her entire Irish clan. Very happily (and silently) married for 33 years now with five kids, who are beginning their own lives now and are my pride and joy. We moved to Maryland a few years ago, where I own a business. I am, and always will be, a fanatic Boston sports fan; an admitted homer whose teams can do no wrong, rain or shine. Lucky enough to have seen all my favorite teams play at one time or the other, and a few memorable games as well. I enjoy this forum and the company of strangers who all have at least one thing in common - a shared passion (affliction?) for the Patriots. I can forgive all else.

Kent Island, here... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Excellent thread... Nice to "get real" here in cyberspace as much as it is possible...

I think we have new England covered.  I am another Massachusetts native .  How can you not be a passionate fan?  We were raised on this stuff.  Played QB in d1 central Massachusetts, almost at Middlebury but ended up at uvm and played baseball as a walk on switch hitting SS.  Loved vt so moved back here in 94 after 10 years or so living in and around Boston. Charlestown for 6years.  That was fun.  Grab a burger at the 99 and get a busride to the old garden... Neely Bourque, Middleton.  Rode my bike around the Charles river loop .  Used to jog up the bunker hill monument stairs to get my ski legs in shape. 

love golf (8hdcp) play tennis ( 4.0 ? ) hurt my shoulder in a ski crash last year so serve has suffered. Still like to throw the baseball, but not currently playing anything organized.(you can't do everything)

thought it would be cool to have a BDC golf outing somewhere with other posters who are golfers.  Who's in on that one?  Amazing all the stuff we have in common on this board.

That's impressive.  I wish I could get out and golf more but I simply don't have the money being a broke college student.  I do, however, take advantage of my dad's membership at a local golf course when I'm home for the summer.  I'd say I golf about 12-14 times a year and have a handicap of 18.  I want to get down into the single digits eventually but just don't have the time or money right now. 

I think the golf outing would be a great idea.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to make it.  AGCSBill said he lived in Northern Virginia as well and I mentioned to him we should get together on the green at some point.  I always thought it would be pretty cool to meet some of my fellow posters in person. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm on the Eastern Shore of MD, Kent Island.  My home course is Queenstown Harbour.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to PatssoxVA's comment:

Born in Dorchester, raised in West Roxbury, lived in Stoughton til 1999 when I moved to Centreville, VA.

Season ticket holder 94-99. Move was bad timing as Pats became multiple SB winners and Sox became multiple WS winners after I left. Guess I have to stay away.

I have seen the Pats play at BU, Harvard, Fenway, old and new Foxboro.

I don't post much, but I get all my Pats news from this site.

Thanks

Wooooo fellow Stoughtonian!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

Excellent thread... Nice to "get real" here in cyberspace as much as it is possible...

I think we have new England covered.  I am another Massachusetts native .  How can you not be a passionate fan?  We were raised on this stuff.  Played QB in d1 central Massachusetts, almost at Middlebury but ended up at uvm and played baseball as a walk on switch hitting SS.  Loved vt so moved back here in 94 after 10 years or so living in and around Boston. Charlestown for 6years.  That was fun.  Grab a burger at the 99 and get a busride to the old garden... Neely Bourque, Middleton.  Rode my bike around the Charles river loop .  Used to jog up the bunker hill monument stairs to get my ski legs in shape. 

love golf (8hdcp) play tennis ( 4.0 ? ) hurt my shoulder in a ski crash last year so serve has suffered. Still like to throw the baseball, but not currently playing anything organized.(you can't do everything)

thought it would be cool to have a BDC golf outing somewhere with other posters who are golfers.  Who's in on that one?  Amazing all the stuff we have in common on this board.

Since golf hdcp is mentioned.. I'm around a 6.  Best thing lately, had a personal best 72 a couple weeks ago parring the course I played in NC with witnesses!  Shot 2 under on the front and if it weren't for a couple bad bounces, had a real shot at a 70, even a 69!!

[/QUOTE]

Great round! I love to golf, but I'm pretty busy with the farm and 2 young kids. I'm lucky to get out once a week these days. A few years ago I got down to an 8 hcp, but I've crept up to an 11. Tons of fun!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Since golf hdcp is mentioned.. I'm around a 6.  Best thing lately, had a personal best 72 a couple weeks ago parring the course I played in NC with witnesses!  Shot 2 under on the front and if it weren't for a couple bad bounces, had a real shot at a 70, even a 69!!

nice...  no shots for you... Lol.   my best this year was 74 at Malone cc upstate NY. Also let it get away on the back 9.   made 7 on 15.   my handicap has slipped this year. . My home course is tough...! From the back tees that is.  The white tees make the course more fun. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

And GM.

Yet, you two are in here bashing what he creates as GM every year?

That makes no sense, nor does most of TFB12's little story. It's as made up a story as I've ever seen.

Did he become a Pats fan in 1996 when BB came here. Who did he root for when the Browns left Cleveland from 1996-1999? The Jets because BB went there?

See how his story, as forced as it is, to make it seem like he's been following our team for a decade, really doesn't make sense?

lmao

I'd bet money he started follwing our team in 2007. He never had a team he followed for whatever reason, may have been a 49ers fan in the 1990s, then he came over when SF started to suck.

I've never heard of a fan changing team affinity based on where a coach is trying to get a head coaching job with a good GM or be the coach and GM at the same time. It's those fake sounding story ever.

To top it off, BB was scapegoated by the media when he left Cleveland and MOST people thought Kraft made a terrible hire.

I'm really sorry you don't believe me Rusty, but I'm not trying to impress you or anyone else.  Matter of fact I really don't care what you think.  I don't care if you or anyone else believes me of when and how I became a fan.  I do value others opinion here, not yours.  But still, I'm not trying to impress one single person here so why would I lie?  

Either you like me as a fan or you don't.  Either you like my posts about the team and other things, or you don't.  Either you like my photoshops, or you don't.  Bottom line is I really don't care.  It's a Patriots fan forum, this place and the people here add to my enjoyment of cheering on my favorite team..... it's not life!   I do all that I can to add fun here, because that's how I am.  And that's how many others here are.  I enjoy many people here and the fun, the knowledge they bring to this forum, I hope many feel the same about me.  But if they don't then oh well.  BTW, you don't bring anything to this forum.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Greensboro NC for twenty years.. Born in Canada, but lived all over New Hampshire for many years.  Still follow all Boston teams and have since the 50's.

NC

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

BTW, you don't bring anything to this forum.

Not true.  Rusty brings a lot.

1.  Garbage

2.  Hatred

3.  Stupidity

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Born in Dorchester, raised in West Roxbury, lived in Stoughton til 1999 when I moved to Centreville, VA.

Season ticket holder 94-99. Move was bad timing as Pats became multiple SB winners and Sox became multiple WS winners after I left. Guess I have to stay away.

Thanks

Grew up on Billings Street, across from VA Hospital campus, next to the Charles River busloop turn-around (where Punchy McLaughlin was shot in Oct '65).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

1.  Garbage

2.  Hatred

3.  Stupidity

[/QUOTE]

You are correct.  My mistake. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I can appreciate the intent behind this post.  It's interesting to see the backgrounds of other posters.  But can't we just create/update profiles?   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Thanks

Grew up on Billings Street, across from VA Hospital campus, next to the Charles River busloop turn-around (where Punchy McLaughlin was shot in Oct '65).

I had friends all over that area and I remember when Punchy got shot. Big news.
    I miss Topsy's chicken.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

In response to NESportnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 347pg's comment:

Born and raised in Melrose.  Wife born in Everett, raised in Melrose.  Left after HS for USAFA/AF and never looked back.  Family still there but can't go back (except to visit) due to the bastion of liberal nonsense the state has become.  Will always love NE teams.  Government contractor now living in CO (did you see we recalled two liberal gun control idiots financed by Bloomberg and his east coast weenies?  Outspent 6 to 1 and still outed them!)  4 wonderful kids, wonderful wife, great friends, blessed by the Almighty.

Hey 347, fellow Melrosian here! Left in 86 for work in the midwest been in STL since 87. Always followed the home teams! 2 adult kids, 1 grandson always loved ths board, won't ever leave!KMc.

I see the Eagle avatar.  Do you work at McD-Douglas (or is it Boeing now)?  I moved a couple of jets from there overseas.  Been through STL on a few of those missions.  Great city.  Didn't stay long enough though.

[/QUOTE]
    It is Boeing now, and yes thats where I work. I've had my hands in alot of F-15s and do everyday! STL. is a great sports city, but I never stray from my roots! are you a Melrose HS alum? if so, What year, I'm class of '84.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I told you a ways back:

Learn from other knowledgable fans.

Stick to the photoshopping thing you do because you are good at it.

Get help for your unhealthy obsession over Brady and Welker.

Thanks for the compliment on the photoshopping.  Sorry I don't have one to pay you back with.

So when do I have to follow a team from inception to be a good fan?  I have been playing and watching football since the day my family took me home from the hospital.  Thank goodness for older brothers and a Father who enjoyed the sport.   You act like I just started watching football and the Patriots in 2000, LOL @ you.  You couldn't be any more wrong.  But we are used to you being wrong so that's not a shocker.

As A kid I was a huge football fan.  Like a lot of kids who lived for football I knew all the players, all the stats of most players and teams around the league... even the Patriots!  If you lived for football as a kid like I did and so many kids do then You will understand what I am talking about.

My obsession is for this team to win another Super Bowl, period!  My views are based on that objective.  I felt keeping Welker would best help this team to do so.  And of course, without Brady there is no chance.  I'm sorry to take away your fun of thinking it's about Welker, but the fact is it's about what he gave this team.   As it looks, as I knew it would, I was probably correct about the Pats should have kept him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

In response to neinmd's comment:

[QUOTE]

I moved to the New England area to to go to college in Cambridge in 1974 and never really left, except for a few years abroad. Married a girl from East Boston, and discovered that I married her entire Irish clan. Very happily (and silently) married for 33 years now with five kids, who are beginning their own lives now and are my pride and joy. We moved to Maryland a few years ago, where I own a business. I am, and always will be, a fanatic Boston sports fan; an admitted homer whose teams can do no wrong, rain or shine. Lucky enough to have seen all my favorite teams play at one time or the other, and a few memorable games as well. I enjoy this forum and the company of strangers who all have at least one thing in common - a shared passion (affliction?) for the Patriots. I can forgive all else.

Where are you in MD?

[/QUOTE]

Live in Bethesda. You?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I grew up in Maine after living in upstate New York in the 60's, needed a local team to follow and the Pats were the closest. I have lived through some dismal years but remained a loyal fan. Moved to California in '84 and have been here since. I never wavered with my loyalty to the team in the face of Raider and 49er fans. I gave up on the sox in 85 and have been an Oakland A's fan ever since. 

Loyal Pats fan since '71

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to fatsam72's comment:

yet another Bustchise handle...

In addition: born in Mississippi, Sox fan from birth (probably because my favorite grandfather was a NYY fan and I was contrary).

Late 80's: went to prep school in Mass, always loved hockey as a kid, so became a big Bruins fan, started appreciating pro basketball and the Celts.  When Parcells took over the Pats and they drafted Bledsoe, I finally left my beloved Saints behind and embraced the red, white and blue.  It's been a love affair ever since... 

Stayed in NE, went to UMass for a year, spent a number of years living on NH seacoast and trying to party my way through UNH. Moved to DC i '98, now just across the line from Takoma Park/Silver Spring.  3 amazing kids (7, 3, 1) and a great wife who tolerates me.  Contractor for the Man.  Bobo, Army, Bub, ANON, lot of us here in the DMV.

Best Live moment: 11th row, 20-yd line at the Fogbowl in '96 against the Steelers.  Went with 2 college buddies, one a Steelers fan.  Watched a rainbow from Bledsoe disappear in the clouds, then magically re-appear over Terry Glenn's hands. Watched Kordell lose his self-confidence forever.

Best of all, watched CMart go absolutely bananas. He took one hand off at the opposite 22-yd line, and a huge hole opened between center and guard. One of those "ohsh1t!" moments when you realized - even before he got to the line of scrimmage - all he had to do was beat the safety.  That guy is still locking for his jock.  Curtis hit the hole, planted, and as soon as the plant foot was down, my Pats fan buddy and I were screaming, jumping up and down and hugging.  I don't think our Steelers buddy (who is quite short) enjoyed that too much, as he was standing between us. Curtis ran right to our open arms as Foxboro thundered -- god...that was amazing.

Anyhoo, that and phat rex is who I be.

Hey Phat Rex/Bustchise/anonymis/patriotrain/bungalobill/fatsam/Leon/YanksHess and a host of others....

You are a JETS TROLL...this is just for you Jets trolls and Jets fans...

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—are unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

Your quarterback: BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE.

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: New York Jets

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

1.  Garbage

2.  Hatred

3.  Stupidity

[/QUOTE]

You are known for one thing and one thing only....being a degenerate and disgusting Rusty stalker...CONGRATULATIONS...he renst lots of space in that teeny weeny brain of yours...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Born & bred in southern NH. Big Pats fan but a die hard Sox and B's fan. Have lived in Va for the past 24 yrs now. My life now is all about baseball as my son plays H.S. baseball spring and fall along w/ travel. I wish I had time for golf. I miss New England but once I left the cold weather I couldn't go back.

It still gets cold in Virginia in the winter, man.

You just get a month less of potential blizzards (March).   

We got a tiny bit of snow last yr and zero the winter before. It'll get cold but you can wear shorts thru Nov and start wearing them again in March. Nah Ned winters here in my 24 yrs have been pretty easy. Only one was bad and that was about 5 yrs ago.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

That's impressive.  I wish I could get out and golf more but I simply don't have the money being a broke college student.  I do, however, take advantage of my dad's membership at a local golf course when I'm home for the summer.  I'd say I golf about 12-14 times a year and have a handicap of 18.  I want to get down into the single digits eventually but just don't have the time or money right now. 

I think the golf outing would be a great idea.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to make it.  AGCSBill said he lived in Northern Virginia as well and I mentioned to him we should get together on the green at some point.  I always thought it would be pretty cool to meet some of my fellow posters in person. 

I am in for the NVA golf event if it happens. I played a ton of golf last year, not so much this year due to the new healthcare law taking up all my time.

If anyone needs help with the new law just shoot me a question. I am one of the few that read the bill and asssit many with the new law.

I have a sister who lives in falls church VA, so a golf trip there is not out of the question.. .  I also have family in Massachusetts so maybe that could work also since many of the golfers on here are located around there.  More planning needed.

Golfers... Unite...!

Any one In hawaii?  I have a tee time tomorrow and it's just me and the Son-in-law

Clubname           Leilehua Golf Club          

Course Name    LEILEHUA GOLF COURSE              

Tee Date              9/13/2013           

Tee Time             07:08 AM            

Date of Booking                9/12/2013 4:23:10 PM   

Your Transaction Id : ***********************    

Tee Type             Front Nine         

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[/QUOTE]

Any one In hawaii?  I have a tee time tomorrow and it's just me and the Son-in-law

Clubname           Leilehua Golf Club          

Course Name    LEILEHUA GOLF COURSE              

Tee Date              9/13/2013           

Tee Time             07:08 AM            

Date of Booking                9/12/2013 4:23:10 PM   

Your Transaction Id : ***********************    

Tee Type             Front Nine         

[/QUOTE]

Now that's just unnecessary....Frown

Hope you get pushed along by a fearsome foursome of old Army widows.

Actually, I am very envious. Sounds wonderful.

25. This post has been removed.