Who Covers Vernon Davis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Who Covers Vernon Davis

One of the keys after containing and hitting kaepernick hard (so he doesnt continue to try and break it later in the game) when pats on de.

(no not forgetting stoppg the (thats what we do, taking that as a given.).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Who Covers Vernon Davis

I think either Tavon Wilson or Patrick Chung...likely in that order.  They're going to have a guy on him for sure.  I think he might be a bit too much to handle alone by Arrington...but I'm sure they'll probably mix up the coverage a bit...not going to be necessarily one single guy all game.

Then again...don't be suprised to see DMc shadowing him a bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think either Tavon Wilson or Patrick Chung...likely in that order.  They're going to have a guy on him for sure.  I think he might be a bit too much to handle alone by Arrington...but I'm sure they'll probably mix up the coverage a bit...not going to be necessarily one single guy all game.

[/QUOTE]

they would need double coverage at least.. their best weopon. chung would nto help even in double coverage. dude is fast too. maybe wilson and talb. im not sure wilson is quick enough to even bump him and stay with him short. if talib is on moss, arrington on crabtree. you have dennard and gregory, with devin as center field. that wont do. gregory too would be no help. we need to add a "cover safety" with a "strong safety" body to go along with mccourty (jealous over seattles huge cb duo) . our lbs are too slow to cover big fast tes. we have not been covering even crappy 2 te sets at all most of season. 

might be where bb is forced to go back to zone, even if talib is healthy enough to play.

no answer for vernon davis even in a double team with our current personnel

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they would need double coverage at least.. their best weopon. chung would nto help even in double coverage. dude is fast too. maybe wilson and talb. im not sure wilson is quick enough to even bump him and stay with him short. if talib is on moss, arrington on crabtree. you have dennard and gregory, with devin as center field. that wont do. gregory too would be no help. we need to add a "cover safety" with a "strong safety" body to go along with mccourty (jealous over seattles huge cb duo) . our lbs are too slow to cover big fast tes. we have not been covering even crappy 2 te sets at all most of season. 

might be where bb is forced to go back to zone, even if talib is healthy enough to play.

no answer for vernon davis even in a double team with our current personnel

[/QUOTE]

I don't think we'd stick Talib on Davis, IMO.  I bet that Talib stays on the outside to cover Crabtree.  However, in the past, BB has normally stuck Chung and a smaller cb (arrington) on the team's star tight end.  I don't know if that'll be the case on Sunday Night seeing that Chung has lost his starting gig and hasn't played much.  Maybe stick Arrington on him and blanket him with Gregory over the top?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats will press Davis at the LOS with a LB to impede him from getting into his route. Same with Crabtree and Moss. Front 7 have to stay in their lanes and make CK hold the ball as long as possible without allowing him to get into a running lane.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

Guys--look at the tape of the Rams games.  They played zone.  They beat the Niners and tied them.  I am pretty sure BB is going to throw a lot of zone and mix in some blitzes.  The big thing is to keep the QB in the pocket.  I am not really worried about them putting up big #'s in the air---we have to contain Gore like we did w/Foster.  I think it was Shaugnessy who said---in the end if you make it their QB against ours---who do you think will win?  If we score over 24--we will be alright.  I honestly have not been this excited about our defense since 2004.  Young, faster than has been in a while, and playing better team concepts.  McCourty has been a killer as safety.  Vince has been a beast----his #'s will never get him any honors---but who would you trade him for?  No one.  Love that guy.  Gregory has come along and is better w/McCourty.  Mayo has been on fire too.  I said it the other day----I have found myself changing my hand-wringing "bend, don't break" plea---to "this is going to be a three and out- they can't score on us!" attitude.  Talib has been a godsend.  Great player and seems to have fit right in.  We really have to look to lock this guy up for couple more years.  Dennard--brilliant draft pick.  Scary part?  We are putting up these offensive #'s against top defenses  WITHOUT our #1 red zone threat (Gronk).  Even Hernandez said that how scary it was going to be with him and Gronk both healthy at the same time. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm calling a 4-2-5

Chung plays closer to the line for Davis, with both himself and Gregory covering Davis. 

Chung underneath with Gregory over top. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody can cover Vernon Davis. Not on the pats defense anyway.

[/QUOTE]

That's why most of us have him doubled. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

If you look at the stats since Kaepernick took over for Alex Smith, Davis is the forgotten man in the 49er offense.  His favorite target is Crabtree, who had 16 catches in the past 2 weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody on the Jets can cover anybody on the Pats.  Gronk is your daddy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember when Landry and the rest of your cocky, overrated secondary said they plan to be 'physical' against the Pats tight ends to shut them down?  How did that work out?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Irish- How are ya!?

No- I don't remember that-You see that's how selective memory works. You people have a classic case of this when it comes to Spygate.

The problem is Spygate happened. Just ignoring the facts don't make them go away.

[/QUOTE]

haha changing the subject like usual.....the jets are a pathetic franchise....if the only thing that can make you feel good about your team is crying spygate, you know your team is a flat out joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    It does sound odd, but I think Tavon Wilson may see some action this week.  This will be a very interesting matchup.

Then again, Arrington and Co, did a nice job last week doing whatever they did to Owen Daniels, who did jack squat. I do think Daniels is not as good as Davis, but conceptually, I would imagine we'll see SOME of what they did on Daniels. Not always, but some.

Very intriuguing part of this game, IMO.   I don't think their WRs are that scary. They're good, but so are Houston's.

Too bad about Chung. He's currently be leapfrogged by Wilson which has to tick him off. Who knows, maybe that's classic BB rattling Chung's cage a bit before the postseason.  You have to figure, this is it for Chung here in NE. Too bad. Just can't stay on the field enough.

[/QUOTE]

Ticked off or no...only he is to blame.  His play has been too sporadic and he's shown absolutely no improvement on the field, in fact moving backwards.   As you mentioned, his body can't hold up to the rigors of an NFL season.  It's too bad as I liked his energy back there...but I think he's going to be eventually cast off along with the Ron Braces and Myron Pryors of the world....err...team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Chung or Derrick Martin

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rbetourne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guys--look at the tape of the Rams games.  They played zone.  They beat the Niners and tied them.  I am pretty sure BB is going to throw a lot of zone and mix in some blitzes.  The big thing is to keep the QB in the pocket.  I am not really worried about them putting up big #'s in the air---we have to contain Gore like we did w/Foster.  I think it was Shaugnessy who said---in the end if you make it their QB against ours---who do you think will win?  If we score over 24--we will be alright.  I honestly have not been this excited about our defense since 2004.  Young, faster than has been in a while, and playing better team concepts.  McCourty has been a killer as safety.  Vince has been a beast----his #'s will never get him any honors---but who would you trade him for?  No one.  Love that guy.  Gregory has come along and is better w/McCourty.  Mayo has been on fire too.  I said it the other day----I have found myself changing my hand-wringing "bend, don't break" plea---to "this is going to be a three and out- they can't score on us!" attitude.  Talib has been a godsend.  Great player and seems to have fit right in.  We really have to look to lock this guy up for couple more years.  Dennard--brilliant draft pick.  Scary part?  We are putting up these offensive #'s against top defenses  WITHOUT our #1 red zone threat (Gronk).  Even Hernandez said that how scary it was going to be with him and Gronk both healthy at the same time. 

[/QUOTE]

rbet,

"Guys--look at the tape of the Rams games.  They played zone.  They beat the Niners and tied them.  I am pretty sure BB is going to throw a lot of zone and mix in some blitzes.

this is what i expect (as i was indicating above).

great post. agree on all points.

re the defense, i think moveing talib and dennard to cb was a key to the defense shaeshifting overnight into what it has been last 2  games, a legit defense. dennard and especially talib's health are keys for teh de to be at the apex of it's capacity. i think given health, it will contijnue to get better (esp if bb also contnues to bring some pressure).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm calling a 4-2-5

Chung plays closer to the line for Davis, with both himself and Gregory covering Davis. 

Chung underneath with Gregory over top. 

[/QUOTE]

a bit weak i think. davis can run by both of them.

we'll see. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to krismk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you look at the stats since Kaepernick took over for Alex Smith, Davis is the forgotten man in the 49er offense.  His favorite target is Crabtree, who had 16 catches in the past 2 weeks.

[/QUOTE]

i havent good to know.

did davis get none?

if they use him at all hes the most dangerous guy on their team. if he catches a crossing route he can run by our whoel secondary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    It does sound odd, but I think Tavon Wilson may see some action this week.  This will be a very interesting matchup.

Then again, Arrington and Co, did a nice job last week doing whatever they did to Owen Daniels, who did jack squat. I do think Daniels is not as good as Davis, but conceptually, I would imagine we'll see SOME of what they did on Daniels. Not always, but some.

Very intriuguing part of this game, IMO.   I don't think their WRs are that scary. They're good, but so are Houston's.

Too bad about Chung. He's currently be leapfrogged by Wilson which has to tick him off. Who knows, maybe that's classic BB rattling Chung's cage a bit before the postseason.  You have to figure, this is it for Chung here in NE. Too bad. Just can't stay on the field enough.

[/QUOTE]

Ticked off or no...only he is to blame.  His play has been too sporadic and he's shown absolutely no improvement on the field, in fact moving backwards.   As you mentioned, his body can't hold up to the rigors of an NFL season.  It's too bad as I liked his energy back there...but I think he's going to be eventually cast off along with the Ron Braces and Myron Pryors of the world....err...team.

[/QUOTE]

and should be, yo have to have both safeties be able to cover in todays nfl, even if one is jacked.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Same guys that covered and shut down Andre Johnson

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Chung!! No I'm just kidding.

Is it me? I'm not all that worried about their passing game. If they had an offense like ours I'd say they should win the Super Bowl, but they don't. The question is, how close can OUR defense get to theirs? If it improves enough I'm real excited to see where this all goes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it me? I'm not all that worried about their passing game.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried either, their passing game is junk. It's their tank Frank Gore we got to shut down, and if we can shut down Arian Foster, guess what.