Who do we want?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Who do we want?

Who is still out there that the Patriots may make a run at?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Who do we want?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/gallery/03_03_10_free_agent_targets/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Who do we want?:
    Posted by Patriotsftball

I think that they will try to lock up both Faulk and Bodden. Seems like Bill is sticking to resigning his own free agents. I won't be surprised if he just sits tight until the draft. We could see some trades come then. Who knows. There is enough talent there to really fill some voids. If he can resign Faulk and Bodden, I think the Pats will really be sitting pretty for the draft this year. Next year, the Pats will have two first round picks with guys like Mark Ingram, Julio Jones, and Jake Locker possibly entering the draft. The next two years will be interesting to say the least. After next year, the Pats will have a good young team. As much as people don't like them not making any moves besides signing their own FA's, they are holding onto some good draft picks the next two years. They say this is the deepest draft in 20 years, and I think that is why Bill didn't trade for Boldin. The draft picks are going to be very valuable in this draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd love to see them bring Derrick Mason in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re-signing Bodden is top priority. There is no other FA player on the market that can improve the Pats' "D" as much as keeping this kid. 

The Pats holding off has much to do with the over-rated nature of the FA class (OK, Peppers is for real, but not at $15mil per at 34-35, Boldin is injury prone and they would have to deal for him, then re-ink him at #1 dollars) but is a ringing endorsement of the quality of this season's draft. Any number of teams are simply signing their own, note the perennial winning teams like NE, INDY, etc, because the deals in FA are bad, and the draft pool is good. 

As for other FA possibilities . . .

I read that there was still smoke on the Olsen front early yesterday. But news moves so fast in FA.

I would think Thomas Jones, if he has not re-signed yet, would be an option. 

One name that no one mentions is Torry Holt. He is better than Josh Reed, Randle-El, and Coles, and is a FA.

I suppose Arron Kampman could be a possibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from junner. Show junner's posts

Derrick Mason is too old. Aaron Kampman may not fit. I'd LOVE to see Marlin Jackson, DaMeco Ryans, and Antoine Bethea. That would be a killer defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Who do we want?:
    Re-signing Bodden is top priority. There is no other FA player on the market that can improve the Pats' "D" as much as keeping this kid.  The Pats holding off has much to do with the over-rated nature of the FA class (OK, Peppers is for real, but not at $15mil per at 34-35, Boldin is injury prone and they would have to deal for him, then re-ink him at #1 dollars) but is a ringing endorsement of the quality of this season's draft. Any number of teams are simply signing their own, note the perennial winning teams like NE, INDY, etc, because the deals in FA are bad, and the draft pool is good.  As for other FA possibilities . . . I read that there was still smoke on the Olsen front early yesterday. But news moves so fast in FA. I would think Thomas Jones, if he has not re-signed yet, would be an option.  One name that no one mentions is Torry Holt. He is better than Josh Reed, Randle-El, and Coles, and is a FA. I suppose Arron Kampman could be a possibility.
    Posted by zbellino

I won't be surprised if the Pats don't sign any other FA's other than their own. Bodden, Faulk, etc... Like you said, this FA class is weak. The Pats need to get younger and quicker. They will do just that through the draft. We have the 4 picks in the first two rounds this year and 2 in the first round alone next year. Bill has to be loving this....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

The problem is Bethea got a 1st round tender and Ryans got the highest tender and will cost a 1st and a 3rd, so neither are coming to Foxboro.

I don't know what Derrick Mason you're watching, but the guy can still play at a high level.  He went for 70-1028-7 last year and could be even more effective as a #2 option.  Plus, we know BB had interest in him in the past.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I agree with zbellino on ---> Re-signing Bodden is top priority.

They do need to bring in a WR (opposite Moss) - not sure who though....I know Marshall is up in Seattle today - (I know he is a nitwit!) - but this kid is uncoverable! (even Revis would have trouble with Marshall).....But I know the Pats would probably pass on him....---Maybe their angle is to re-sign their own and look towards the Draft! Esp the fist 4 picks!....we'll see....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Who do we want?:
    Posted by Patriotsftball

Hope we sign Josh Reed, wide receiver released by Buffalo.  He has had a good career without good QB's up there, and he would give Brady a better target than Gaffney ever was,  Also, would like Pats to check out Antonio Pierce, ex-Skins and Gmen as a MLB.

Regards

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

I'd take Thomas Jones I think he'd be a 2010 version of Corey Dillion. I think the rest will be filled when the draft comes I don't see the Pats spending $$$ on a big name FA all the good ones are gone anyways. I'd say resign Bodden, draft Taylor Mays or Brandon Spikes in the 1st round and go from there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Mason or Antonio Bryant are on my wish list at WR... Jason Taylor is a guy I have always wanted to see in New England

I wouldnt mind a few depth signings.... one being Chike Okafor (sp) from Arizona... I think he is 31 but he has played both DE and OLB with some effectiveness. He is a solid pass rusher and is Unrestricted

Hope we lock up Bodden and give another look to Burgess next year

And i expect a big time draft as well

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

We still have a couple young receivers on our team that can show some promise. Tate has a great chance to heal up and start fresh this off-season, so I'm hoping to see him get some playing time and see what he can do. It's essentially his rookie season. 

We also have Aiken who was getting a little more time towards the end, and we have Isaiah Stanback who started a few games. I'm sure with the other 5 or so WR's on our roster (including PS) and the return of Patten.

No, none of them might be a #2 threat, but it's something to work with. I'd rather develop the younger guys than spend tons of cap for vets past their prime (note that Randy Moss is not included in that statement).

If we can beef up the D, get a little help on the O-line, and snag either an early or a late-round stud running back by chance, I'm happy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

#1. It is now paramount we resign Bodden he is just 28 so he has some solid years left and no one left out there has that upside.

#2. We re sign Faulk... no explanation needed

#3. We sign Thomas Jones away from Jets because it is a strategicly smart move he toughens up our RB's and he hurts Jets plans. I bet we could get him if we paid him what the Jets were not willing to plus a 10% raise. Total per year 3.6 Million. Doable for Pats and he is worth it for many reasons not the least of which is intel he might have on Jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Re-sign Bodden and add another corner, maybe Richard Marshall. Second round tender and I think he is only 25. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

bodden,carlos beltrain,or will witherspoon.mason,or,t.o,coles,or chambers.drop springs,and sammy morris,and add jones,or LT,or westbrook,or parker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The problem is Bethea got a 1st round tender and Ryans got the highest tender and will cost a 1st and a 3rd, so neither are coming to Foxboro. I don't know what Derrick Mason you're watching, but the guy can still play at a high level.  He went for 70-1028-7 last year and could be even more effective as a #2 option.  Plus, we know BB had interest in him in the past.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

Mason looked good last year? I know he had decent numbers and Belichek has gushed over him before, but he'll be 37 next January. It seems like running backs loose it at 30 and recievers around 34. But I hope your right, because this free agent pool does nothing to excite me. I saw him play live last year, but honestly I wasn't watching for him, although I know he played better than Clayton. I still can't believe Clayton's career has been so disapointing, I thought he was going to be very good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I'd like NEgame to revert to her old avatar with the brady shirtWink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

maybe Antwaan Randle El
    hes got cut by the skins

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

maybe Antwaan Randle El hes got cut by the skins
    Posted by Gulo

no thanks, what did we learn with joey galloway, greg lewis and chris baker? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

with brady who knows.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Who do we want? : no thanks, what did we learn with joey galloway, greg lewis and chris baker? 
    Posted by kansaspatriot

What does Randle El have to do with Galloway, Lewis or Baker?