Who do you want in playoffs out of Jets and Chargers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Who do you want in playoffs out of Jets and Chargers?

So the way I have it figured the Jets have to win their next 2 out of 3 games to make it to the playoffs.  If they go 1-2 then the Chargers are in assuming the Chargers win their next two against the Bengals and Broncos.

The Jets next 3 games are Steelers, Bears, and Bills. I think they will lose to the Steelers tomorrow, they will beat the Bills, and I give them a shot against the Bears.

Disclaimer: This is not gauranteed correct, but I believe it is Smile

Bottom line, who would you rather see in the playoffs.... Jets or Chargers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Who do you want in playoffs out of Jets and Chargers?

Probably the Jets, although they held their own last year in the playoffs. I just don't think that Sanchez is anywhere near the QB Rivers is and that's what worries me against the Chargers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

jets by far, after this whole trying to throw us under the bus for tripgate we need to stomp them into the ground good

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

As the Rock says, "It doesn't matter"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Who do you want in playoffs out of Jets and Chargers?:
    [QUOTE]jets by far, after this whole trying to throw us under the bus for tripgate we need to stomp them into the ground good
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

I'm not the slightest bit angry about the silly 'Patriots do it to' accusation. After days of searching by the video archivists of the sportstertainment media....nothing.

It made the Jets look even more foolish and just adds to their unbelievability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

From a pure football standpoint, I believe San Dago poses more problems for the Pats than Green New Jersey in a potential playoff matchup. But I don't really care about that. At home, in the middle of January, the Pats crush either one of these teams. I would rather see San Dago in the playoffs not because I would actually rather see them in the playoffs, but to watch the Jests completely implode and miss the tournament entirely, after starting 9-2 and all the boisterous gum-flapping we've been hearing coming out of New Jersey . . .

that would make for a very merry Christmas, indeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who do you want in playoffs out of Jets and Chargers? : I'm not the slightest bit angry about the silly 'Patriots do it to' accusation. After days of searching by the video archivists of the sportstertainment media....nothing. It made the Jets look even more foolish and just adds to their unbelievability.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

In a move straight out of 1984, Goodell had ALL video footage of NFL games edited to remove anyone standing on the sidelines.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Easy...Jets...they are reeling and Chargers are surging...Go Chiefs....

In Response to Who do you want in playoffs out of Jets and Chargers?:
    [QUOTE]So the way I have it figured the Jets have to win their next 2 out of 3 games to make it to the playoffs.  If they go 1-2 then the Chargers are in assuming the Chargers win their next two against the Bengals and Broncos. The Jets next 3 games are Steelers, Bears, and Bills. I think they will lose to the Steelers tomorrow, they will beat the Bills, and I give them a shot against the Bears. Disclaimer: This is not gauranteed correct, but I believe it is Bottom line, who would you rather see in the playoffs.... Jets or Chargers?
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AskNot60. Show AskNot60's posts

The Chargers are vastly more dangerous but agree with pmike. Watching the Jets crumple after the devastation in Foxborough is too good to not wish for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

If the Jets lose at PIT and at CHI and beat BUF which could happen, they finish 10-6 and 8-4 in the conference.  If SD wins out against CIN and DEN, which they should, they also finish 10-6 and 8-4 in the conference.  The next tie breaker is common games.  Both teams would be 4-1 in common games.  The next tie breaker for a Wild Card is Strength of Victory.  The teams are really close here with SD holding a 2.5 game advantage today in SoV.  The SoV tie breaker is the W-L percentage of teams beaten. 

The Jets victories came over teams that are 47-85 while the Chargers victories came over teams that are 50-83.  Ironically, the Jets need teams they've beaten to continue winning meaning they need to cheer for the Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, Lions and Browns.  These are the only teams that help the Jets with each future victory.  The Chargers need JAC, ARI, TEN, IND, KC and SF to continue to win.  With 3 games remaining for most teams, you can see SoV is too close to call.

As for who do you want to see again in the play-offs?  I would rather see the Jets again.  Any chance you have to beat Rex Ryan and his band of axholes, you want to beat them.  The hype leading up with the Jets wanting to avenge the beating we gave them would be intense.  SD is a more dangerous team if they play smart and don't turn the ball over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not mentioned in this thread is the unfortunate timing of Matt Cassel's apendectomy and the subsequent likely demise of the Kansas City Chefs. Much to the chagrin of Pats fan, it's seems likely enough that both Green New Jersey and San Dago will end up in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

easy, the loudmouth  jests.

chargers have to win division to get in, and that won't happen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I'll take the Jets, the Chargers have huge WR's that create bad match ups. Also, when Phillip Rivers decides not to play like a biatch, the Chargers can be a very good team. I can see Sanchez and the Jets tanking it again in Foxboro, plus what would be better than another Jets beatdown to crush their hopes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]easy, the loudmouth  jests. chargers have to win division to get in, and that won't happen
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    Not so.  The Chargers can win a Wild Card or the division.  The Wild Card leaders are the 9-4 Ravens and 9-4 Jets.  SD is next at 8-6.  If SD finishes 10-6 tied with the Jets, the Chargers right now are the front runner in the tie breaker as I showed in my last post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Not mentioned in this thread is the unfortunate timing of Matt Cassel's apendectomy and the subsequent likely demise of the Kansas City Chefs. Much to the chagrin of Pats fan, it's seems likely enough that both Green New Jersey and San Dago will end up in the playoffs.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    True, KC has a tough game against STL today, then they have TEN and OAK at home.  The Chiefs could finish 9-7 and miss the play-offs.  With a 5-5 conference record, they would likely lose the tie breaker to the Jets, 7-5 in the conference, for a Wild Card assuming SD takes the division at 10-6.  If the Chiefs and Chargers finish 10-6 along with the Jets at 10-6.  One team would be out.  It is too early to count out the Colts too.  They are 7-6 with a HUGE game today against JAC followed by a tough game against OAK then an easy game against TEN.  There could be 5 teams at 10-6; SD and KC, IND and JAC and NYJ.  In theory, the Dolphins and Ravens could also finish 10-6.  The Dolphins have DET, BUF and NE left.  The final game against us could be meaningless for us if we've clinched home field.  The Ravens have NO, @CLE and CIN left.  They could lose the first two of those and end up 10-6.  I don't even want to try to figure out the tie breakers for all those teams.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Jets = Blitzing team. 

Our offense was made to dismantle blitzing defense, especially the Jets defense. They don't scare me and their offense plays to the Pats strength on defense. They like to run the ball, we own the run. 

The Chargers scare me, go Jets! =D 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

oh..what a thrill it would be to crush the Jets on the way to yet another SB !!

the look on Tomlinson's face = PRICELESS !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Used to hate the Chargers more than any other team when they had LT and Merriman. Now I just despise Rivers.

Jets have Sanchez and LT two complete dbags.

Screw both teams tho..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I would rather see the Jets make the playoffs than the Chargers.  The Bolts are a far more dangerous team this late in the season than the Jets.  The Jets are falling apart, and wouldn't it be sweet too stick it to Rex Ryan and the stinkin Jets one more time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The 7-7 Jets had a magic pixie dust entry into the playoffs last year.  I'd rather see them just plain flop. 

In September I gave them a bad rating for December, first because three Jets players were pulled over and the driver charged with a .15 DUI so maybe they don't care about practicing or staying healthy, second because they don't have any rookies to speak of so they can't get any better, so they're going to regress.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Well, Rams didn't help out the Chargers today. KC has last two games at home, where they are undefeated. I don't see Chargers getting in the year.