Who gets fired first? Rexy or Coughlin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Who gets fired first? Rexy or Coughlin?

I haven't seen a thread about this but I think Rexy will be the first to go. I can't blame Rexy for Geno Smith throwing costly interceptions or holding on to the ball too long. I can't blame Coughlin for Eli looking so pathetic this year. I do give Coughlin credit is that he does have 2 rings as a HC. Rexy on the other hand was knocking on the door but couldn't kick it down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Who gets fired first? Rexy or Coughlin?

Rexy..........no SB's............and no QB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Giants would never fire Coughlin....theres no replacement out there even close....Rexy on the other hand can be replaced by local HS coach...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Giants would never fire Coughlin....theres no replacement out there even close....Rexy on the other hand can be replaced by local HS coach...

[/QUOTE]

or field hockey assistant

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Giants won't fire Coughlin, I think he'll step down before that happens anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Where's Leon and Meadowland Mike to give us such insights to the situation in the swamplands. come on boys, come out from under your rocks. I know you had fantasies of a Jets Giants SB. Not happening!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think Coughlin gets fired. I do think the hot seat belongs to Gilbride however. Eli needs help. His mechanics are off (throwing off back foot again, not stepping into throws)...Coughlin is safe.

I also think if Rex gets to 7-8 wins, he is back. He and Idzik are on the same page, the team is playing hard, the players like playing for Rex. There is simply a talent void. Idzek has the draft and $40M to spend in free agency to fix the talent void. Rex and Marty Morning can coach....does Darrel Bevel or Lovie Smith excite?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

As a Pats fan I hope Rex stays and Geno continues to be the QB.

Since Rex has taken over they have been pretty much a .500 team.

They have been the best of the mediocre under Rex.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont think Coughlin gets fired. I do think the hot seat belongs to Gilbride however. Eli needs help. His mechanics are off (throwing off back foot again, not stepping into throws)...Coughlin is safe.

I also think if Rex gets to 7-8 wins, he is back. He and Idzik are on the same page, the team is playing hard, the players like playing for Rex. There is simply a talent void. Idzek has the draft and $40M to spend in free agency to fix the talent void. Rex and Marty Morning can coach....does Darrel Bevel or Lovie Smith excite?

[/QUOTE]

Rexy has had more than enough time to get something dones with this team......it isn't a talent void......Rexy is a great Defensive Coordinator......but a terrible coach

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Coughlin's rabbits foot has left the building, he's as good as gone. Coaches don't resign...much better to get "fired" to keep that paycheck flowing.

The Jet's being a mentally challenged team will of course keep Rex which will be very good news for us Pats fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey rkarp - How are ya!? Vicious rumor running around in here yesterday. The board says you are sleeping with one of the Mods?!

Care to elaborate?Or are you taking the 5th?

I hear tings! LOL

[/QUOTE]

I never take the 5th my green tinged friend...

I have been really busy as college basketball season is upon us and since we dont cover football to the degree of college b-ball, I have been away from Pats conversation..

please enlighten me on what I missed? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't seen a thread about this but I think Rexy will be the first to go. I can't blame Rexy for Geno Smith throwing costly interceptions or holding on to the ball too long. I can't blame Coughlin for Eli looking so pathetic this year. I do give Coughlin credit is that he does have 2 rings as a HC. Rexy on the other hand was knocking on the door but couldn't kick it down.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't fire either coach. Rex Ryan has done a tremendous job with the 2013 Jets. With Geno Smith as his QB and no skilled position weapons to speak of, it's amazing that he's led his team to six wins. But, the biggest reason why he should stay is that his team hasn't quit on him. They continue to play hard.

The main reason to consider relieving Tom Coughlin is his age. But, blaming him for this poor Giants' season is ridiculous. Coughlin has a horrible OL, a defensive front seven that is no longer able to get sustained pressure on opposing QBs to mask the G-men's difficiencies in the secondary, and a weak stable of RBs. Yet, after his team got off to a horrible 0-6 start, his players never quit on him.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Coughlin's rabbits foot has left the building, he's as good as gone. Coaches don't resign...much better to get "fired" to keep that paycheck flowing.

The Jet's being a mentally challenged team will of course keep Rex which will be very good news for us Pats fans.

[/QUOTE]

he didn't need a rabbits foot; he had the better team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

all good and well thought out posts for the most part...i agree with the idea Gilbride and Fewell should go before Coughlin as there is too much talent to be underachieving on both sides of the ball injuries notwithstanding...Reese and Coughlin be back next year...as for Rex he is what he is: a DC not a head coach just like every other Ryan and this will be 3 straight down years after the fast start....and Idzik will want to choose his own guy

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

didnt you say the Ravens were in cap hell?

answer me this...what is your take on the PAts salary cap situation next year? does it look like cap hell? who would you cut? who would you rengotiate?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

why delay the inevitable?........Rexy neeeds to go........Geno Smith too/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Honestly?  I do not care.. doesn't affect the Pats.  But, if you want an opinion.. Rexy.. he never lived up to his braggadocio.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

too early on Smith....has talent needs time and a real coach

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

all good and well thought out posts for the most part...i agree with the idea Gilbride and Fewell should go before Coughlin as there is too much talent to be underachieving on both sides of the ball injuries notwithstanding...Reese and Coughlin be back next year...as for Rex he is what he is: a DC not a head coach just like every other Ryan and this will be 3 straight down years after the fast start....and Idzik will want to choose his own guy

[/QUOTE]

I disagree that "there is too much talent" on the Giants, and that they collectively underachieved. Their OL is terrible. Eli has little protection, and even less of a running game to help him out. The defense can no longer rush the passer as they did in their championship years in 2007 and 2011...which exposes a very porous secondary. Star WR Hakeem Nicks can't stay healthy. There's a ton of holes on this team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why they brought in Marty Mornhinweg. He is getting coaching he is just not that good. BTW, what is his talent?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     Judging from both the number of NY fans on the Pats board and Pats fans starting threads about NY teams it obvious that Boston and NY have a mutual fascination with each other! The psychological reasons for this I will ponder some other time.

Anyway, Tom has been a good solid coach in NY and the Giants would not have those 2 rings without him. Rex is truly a defensive coach as Jints fans observes but I think he has enough support in NY to keep his job especially if he wins 1 more game. As others have pointed out: the team plays for him and he will have the cap space next year to bring on the talent needed to move the team forward.

I think it's all good because it heightens the competition between NY and Boston for whatever reasons this fascination exists between the 2 cities.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's why they brought in Marty Mornhinweg. He is getting coaching he is just not that good. BTW, what is his talent?

[/QUOTE]

MM is the OC but the Jets need a real HC to come in and lead the entire team not the defense and they need a coach with a track record or at least one who is not a buffoon but will expect professionalism on the field- Rex is too much one of the guys...also having seem Smuth at WV and this season u can see flashes of what he could be as he has speed and a strong arm and us pretty accurate on the run...give him some better coaching, shore up the O line and get him some talent to catch and run and I think u have an NFL QB...which is another reason Rex must go-since 2009 they have let the offensive side deteriorate talent wise...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     Judging from both the number of NY fans on the Pats board and Pats fans starting threads about NY teams it obvious that Boston and NY have a mutual fascination with each other! The psychological reasons for this I will ponder some other time.

Anyway, Tom has been a good solid coach in NY and the Giants would not have those 2 rings without him. Rex is truly a defensive coach as Jints fans observes but I think he has enough support in NY to keep his job especially if he wins 1 more game. As others have pointed out: the team plays for him and he will have the cap space next year to bring on the talent needed to move the team forward.

I think it's all good because it heightens the competition between NY and Boston for whatever reasons this fascination exists between the 2 cities.  

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the impetus in general is for the Boston/NY rivalry. As it pertains to the Jets/Pats it pretty much intensified when Parcells slunk out of NE and was a conspirator in tampering by the Jets. Then the defection of Curtis Martin to the Jets and then Bil Belichik jilting the jets at the altar really intensified the rivalry. Oh and Rex's proclimation that he doesn't kiss anyones rings... just toes.