who is racist here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Re: who is racist here?

In Response to Re: who is racist here?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : nothing like freedom of speech.or at least it use to be.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]
    If this individual in not military, his " 1st Amendment " rights remain intact.  If he is, he waived that right and most others the moment he signed on the dotted line.  While you wear the uniform, you must conduct yourself in a manner that is beyond reproach.  If you can't or choose not to, be prepared to deal with the Uniformed Code of Military Justice.  No politics here, just TRUE PATRIOTISM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : this could be very true.i dont know.but in this case,was he in the wrong?there were two other cops there.one being a black cop.i would think if one of the other cops spoke up,it would shed more light on this.
    Unfortunately, there is a CODE and if any officer speaks out against another, he is ostricized and risks his life in the field by not receiving support etc...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[QUOTE]Oh swell . . . Just what I need, a lecture on insight from a newbie blowhard. I can read English, deuschebag, and I don't care a whit for his "credentials." If you or I got short with the cops we could expect exactly what this jackleg got, and the fact that he is ensconced at Hahvahd cuts exactly zero ice with me.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Not only that but we probably would of got a few Billy Club wacks to the shins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thearchisuck. Show thearchisuck's posts

MVPkilla,
    "Yea this professer has spent his entire career on such subjects of racial profiling so he might know a little something about it."

His career is based on the color of his skin. It behooves him for this to get publicity. His interests and overriding beliefs on this matter govern his life like no other.

If we all woke up tommorow and our skin color was purple, this dude wouldn't have a job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

None of you would be upset if after presenting documentation that you lived in the home, you end up being cuffed and arrested for "disorderly conduct" for voicing your objection to it...  Give me a break. Further disparaging remarks about a solid citizen only reveal the color of your "cloak".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

What is this non football BS doing here???

WHO CARES!!!

Training camp in 7 days WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How is it these "neighbors" didn't recognize this man entering his own house?  Was he in disguise?  That is one question that needs answering.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

You will respect the..........

Or go to jail.  That's how things work in an organized society.  If an officer questioned me at my house I would cooperate 100% with everything he said.  I would never act disrespectfully or belligerent.  That's how I was brought up.  You respect Authoritah

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]None of you would be upset if after presenting documentation that you lived in the home, you end up being cuffed and arrested for "disorderly conduct" for voicing your objection to it...  Give me a break. Further disparaging remarks about a solid citizen only reveal the color of your "cloak".
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

If that's exactly how it happened I'd be mighty upset.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]MVPkilla is not racist. He hates everyone.

MVP must be my long lost twin in that case. hee hee
    One of my favorite quotes on the subject:

"I consider myself to be a pretty good judge of people...and that's
           why I don't like none of them." - Roseanne

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In case nobody else has figured it out. That question was setup. That reporter is a friend and confidant. It was really the only question he actually answered all night and he was definitely prepared for it. A press conference on health care and out of the blue....Last question of the night.....Just happened to pick this reporter to ask that question...Bottom line..Who cares. If anybody didn't know Obama's feelings on that subject you've been living in a cave since the introduction of Reverend Wright.

Response to Re: who is racist here?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : You do realize that this was the LAST question posed to him at a MAJOR news conference.  Perhaps you SHOULD be asking why in the world the journalist would present that topic @ a news conference about HEALTHCARE REFORM... Another thing, you may want to bone up on the individual you are calling arrogant.  Understand his credentials and what he's focused his entire adult life doing and perhaps you'd gain a "smidge" of insight...
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect81. Show mosseffect81's posts

the thing is.it did happen,and he did make a comment.and being the type of comment he made,we all should care.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Oh swell . . . Just what I need, a lecture on insight from a newbie blowhard. I can read English, deuschebag, and I don't care a whit for his "credentials." If you or I got short with the cops we could expect exactly what this jackleg got, and the fact that he is ensconced at Hahvahd cuts exactly zero ice with me.

So is that a German Hygenic apparatus that you are referring to?   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, it gets the point across, and passes the auto-censor . . .

and how are you today?Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sophron. Show sophron's posts

Hands down, the professor is the real racist. The cop was only doing his job. He responded to a break in call and needed to clear it. The Prof only had to produce his credentials and it would have ended right there. I have been in a similar situation and the cop asked me the same question, very loudly and rudely, to show him some ID. I did and he left. BTW, This is the same cop who gave mouth to mouth to Reggie Lewis. Go figure. Also, someone mentioned that this cop is a real jerk, which is more proof that he treats everyone severly, regardless of color. The Prof is the one who should apologize. I think that its true karma that the educated version of Al Sharpton gets the cop who just happened to have kissed a black man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Well I guess my post was to Conservative for the Liberal land of Mass and got deleted yesterday (by the way I'm from Mass). Bottom line that question was a set up and he knew it was coming (Obama) and proceded to make another dumb statement in a long line of them! I am far from racist but actually beleive in EQUAL oprtunity. In the end I think this professor needs racial friction or he would have nothing to talk about in school or his documentaries. One post had it spot on if we were all the same color there would be a lot of people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who thrive on this stuff out of work. Enough is enough already and lets get back to talkig football!!!!

Go Pats!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

The photo says it all. He's still running his mouth as they put the cuffs on him. Why is it that blacks never seem to understand that a) when a cop yells "stop", you stop, you don't continue running and b) you just don't give a cop a bunch of sh*t, when you're being questioned.
    What I heard is that he refused to indentify himself and instead, started threatening the cops, pulling a  kerry on them ("do you know who i am"?) and berating them with all his racist BS. He certainly seems like the kind of guy who would see racism in everything.
    The fact is that its got nothing to do with race. I'd bet my house that the cops would have arrested me just as fast, probably much faster, under the same circumstances,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How much of a brain do you have to know that when a cop recieves ID proof that a resident is *in fact* a resident, and then procedes to call seven more cops to the scene, without explanation, and is in plain clothes but does not offer any ID of his own that the cop "acted stupidly"?

Here is the lingering *fact* that is the same between the Police report and Gates' statment: Gates proved he was the home owner, and THEN the Police officer called in more Police, and offers no explanation of why he would do this in his report. Motivation aside it was stupid. Maybe he didn't trust him because he was black? Maybe he didn't like his tone? Who gives a rat's behind wher it relates to Obama's statement. That is the naked fact. At that point, the officer says, "Sorry for the disturbance," and leaves, he doesn't try to lure an agitated citizen onto public property so he can slap him with a disorderly charge (which cannot be done in a private residence), and he doesn't call in half the cops in Cambridge.

Here is verbatim what Barak Obama said:

"I don't know, not having been there, and not having seen all the facts, what role race had to play in this situation. I think its fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry. Now secondly, that the cambridge police acted stupidly arresting somebody when there was already proof they were in their own home. And then addressed the question of profiling as "separate and apart from this incident."

It is fairly cut and dried. The officer acted stupidly. One perfunctory glance at the report, in the officers own words, verifies this, and it is the reason the charges were dropped. They wouldn't hold up in any court of law.

Taking the actual arrest aside, the proof that race is still a factor on some level is evident in the false outrage from conservatives at these words. If McCain had been elected and stated that it was stupid that someone who had already presented their ID and proved they were in their own home has a battalion of police called after that fact, these same meat-heads would be clapping (if it were a story at all) about the "rights of private citizens" and "personal responsibility" or in the wing-nut factions, about how they have the right to shoot the cop for challenging their private property. But Obama stands up for the rights of a private citizen in his own home, and it is playing some fictional race card? Gimme a f-ing break.

The rest of you who would get sanctimonius about the way Obama ties his shoelaces should take a rest and actually listen to what people have to say instead of waiting for O'reilly or Limbaugh to shout their version back at you.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it gets the point across, and passes the auto-censor . . . and how are you today?

Good Good - thank you for asking.  And you?

whether you tried or not, the addition of the "e" (for understandable purposes) created the opportunity. 

Seems Root is trying to mess with me a little. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here?:obama is continue to show his true colors....white inspector general auditors get fired for finding fraud or decent in amercore....black panthers get let off for intimidating voters ( showing up with batons  uniforms and blocking the door...and his czars are either wackos or ex felons...   we are in for it....and mass voted for this...
    \
    [QUOTE]Yea this professer has spent his entire career on such subjects of racial profiling so he might know a little something about it. Also Obama didnt go out of his way to bring this up he was asked a question and he answered it. And he knows the man so its not like he stuck his nose where it didnt belong he was asked a question about a frine dof his and he said that if what he had heard was right then the police acted badly. Obama did nothign wrong here. If anything the reporter who asked teh question was wasting our time not Obama.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I cannot imagine being in MY HOME, showing proof of who I am and having cops still questioning me!!!  I would be spewing expletives too.  Close your eyes, and imagine this happening to you.  I doubt that many would take it lightly..Unless any of us have been in this position, it's difficult to know how we would respond.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to who is racist here?:
    [QUOTE]I know this has nothing to do with sports,but many threads here turn into politics anyways.i have to wonder why obama would say what he is saying here about the gates case,when he dosent know all the facts.the cops i feel were doing there jobs.neighbors were reporting a possible break-in.the cops responded,only to get an ear full of racial slurs,and the guy calling one of the cops mom,all sort of names.they took the guy to jail for disorderly conduct.now obama calls it a racial move,and wants the the cop to apologize.if it was me,i would get a lawer,for if this cop dosent apologize,obama could have a chat with the mayor,and have this cop,who did no wrong,fired. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32092715/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/

Not to fan the flames of racism/hatred, but IMHO there's probably plenty of blame all around.

1) Officer Crawley answered a call reporting a break-in in progress
    2) Although "profiling" was NOT used, it just so happened that the suspect at that time is Black and the investigating officer is white.

What ended up happening ends up being a he said, she said kinda thing. My guess is that Mr. Gates was probably rude to Officer Crawley - and Officer Crawley - although still following standard operating procedure - failed to use common sense  to avoid "conflict".  In other words, Mr. Gates probably threw the "race card" in Officer Crawley's face - and Officer Crawley responded by prolonging the situation by legally continuing his investigation long after his common sense probably told him that Mr. Gates lived in the house. So, there is fault between the two.

It's also the media's fault - because it's a "sensational" story.

It's the President's fault - because, well, it involves politics.

I don't think racism was involved at all. I think it was people just being stupid for their own agenda.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Our president- the guy I did not vote for (not that the GOP left America much of a choice)- is a loose cannon. Yes we can hope he doesn't go off again. He routinely feels as though he has to comment on anything and everything. Does he know what true delegation is? He always wants the limelight, why can't he have one of his aids comment on issues of this nature. He not only does this at home, but, abroad as well. The ecumenical based agenda this administration endorses is for the birds and will prove to ultimately inspire divine judgements upon this great land. Mr. Gates is somewhat of a loose cannon too apparently.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

[QUOTE]How much of a brain do you have to know that when a cop recieves ID proof that a resident is *in fact* a resident, and then procedes to call seven more cops to the scene, without explanation, and is in plain clothes but does not offer any ID of his own that the cop "acted stupidly"? Here is the lingering *fact* that is the same between the Police report and Gates' statment: Gates proved he was the home owner, and THEN the Police officer called in more Police, and offers no explanation of why he would do this in his report. Motivation aside it was stupid. Maybe he didn't trust him because he was black? Maybe he didn't like his tone? Who gives a rat's behind wher it relates to Obama's statement. That is the naked fact. At that point, the officer says, "Sorry for the disturbance," and leaves, he doesn't try to lure an agitated citizen onto public property so he can slap him with a disorderly charge (which cannot be done in a private residence), and he doesn't call in half the cops in Cambridge. Here is verbatim what Barak Obama said: "I don't know, not having been there, and not having seen all the facts, what role race had to play in this situation. I think its fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry. Now secondly, that the cambridge police acted stupidly arresting somebody when there was already proof they were in their own home. And then addressed the question of profiling as "separate and apart from this incident." It is fairly cut and dried. The officer acted stupidly. One perfunctory glance at the report, in the officers own words, verifies this, and it is the reason the charges were dropped. They wouldn't hold up in any court of law. Taking the actual arrest aside, the proof that race is still a factor on some level is evident in the false outrage from conservatives at these words. If McCain had been elected and stated that it was stupid that someone who had already presented their ID and proved they were in their own home has a battalion of police called after that fact, these same meat-heads would be clapping (if it were a story at all) about the "rights of private citizens" and "personal responsibility" or in the wing-nut factions, about how they have the right to shoot the cop for challenging their private property. But Obama stands up for the rights of a private citizen in his own home, and it is playing some fictional race card? Gimme a f-ing break. The rest of you who would get sanctimonius about the way Obama ties his shoelaces should take a rest and actually listen to what people have to say instead of waiting for O'reilly or Limbaugh to shout their version back at you.  
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

great point zbellino . . .

conservative (or like minded) america, when simon (O'reilly or Limbaugh or conservative talk radio) says . . . jump, (conservative or like minded response) how high?

when simon (O'reilly or Limbaugh or conservative talk radio) says . . . support anti-america antics, (conservative or like minded response) yes, whatever you say, your wish is my command!

racism still exists believe it or not, conservative or like minded america or anyone for that matter, and your blatant resistance to the fact is why it will still continue to exist . . .

The fact that this post somehow shows up in a sports thread says that conservative or like minded americans are seeking attention where ever they can get it, which is depressing to say the least.

advice to the attention seeking conservatives (reasonably thinking conservative need not apply). . . you do more harm than good by trying to spread your message beyond the conservative circles as you expose more of your irrational and idiotic ideology than intended.

stay classy conservative or like minded americans . . . (or not)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

An interesting point made on a network that most of you don't watch was that most police departments wouldn't necessarily consider the case closed as soon as someone produces a driver's license with the correct address.  An amazingly high percentage of violence against women is perpetrated by husbands, ex-husbands, live-in boyfriends, etc. that have restraining orders against them and break into houses or apartments in which they used to live.  That being said, it sounds to me like Gates was verbally abusive to the officers, and that's why he was hauled off to the station.  It doesn't take a Harvard professor to know that cops can make life difficult for you if act like a j@ck@zs to them.  Gates seems to be the one who acted stupidly, but it's given him national notoriety and ensured he'll have people taking his BS classes for many years...