who is racist here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: who is racist here?

In Response to Re: who is racist here?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : great point zbellino . . . conservative (or like minded) america, when simon (O'reilly or Limbaugh or conservative talk radio) says . . . jump , (conservative or like minded response) how high? when simon (O'reilly or Limbaugh or conservative talk radio) says . . . support anti-america antics, (conservative or like minded response) yes, whatever you say, your wish is my command! racism still exists believe it or not, conservative or like minded america or anyone for that matter, and your blatant resistance to the fact is why it will still continue to exist . . . The fact that this post somehow shows up in a sports thread says that conservative or like minded americans are seeking attention where ever they can get it, which is depressing to say the least. advice to the attention seeking conservatives  (reasonably thinking conservative need not apply). . . you do more harm than good by trying to spread your message beyond the conservative circles as you expose more of your irrational and idiotic ideology than intended. stay classy conservative or like minded americans . . . (or not)
    Posted by antleite[/QUOTE]
    antleite

Limbaugh is a quack, true conservatism is based on integrity and his past actions has found him lacking, therefore invalidating his opinions. It is funny when you say that conservatives are seeking attention any way they can get it, when the non-conservative president spouts out opinions in matters in which he is ill informed, thusly, making himself to look like a baffoon repeatedly. It appears as though this president lacks verbal discretion on many levels and can be interpreted as an attention seeking commander in chief. Classy is refined self control under scrutiny. [insert a loud buzzer sound here]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvxqUCu41Q

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]An interesting point made on a network that most of you don't watch was that most police departments wouldn't necessarily consider the case closed as soon as someone produces a driver's license with the correct address.  An amazingly high percentage of violence against women is perpetrated by husbands, ex-husbands, live-in boyfriends, etc. that have restraining orders against them and break into houses or apartments in which they used to live.  That being said, it sounds to me like Gates was verbally abusive to the officers, and that's why he was hauled off to the station.  It doesn't take a Harvard professor to know that cops can make life difficult for you if act like a j@ck@zs to them.  Gates seems to be the one who acted stupidly, but it's given him national notoriety and ensured he'll have people taking his BS classes for many years...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

I concur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Sophron so any black man who speaks out in a manner to which you dont like is now on the same BS level as Al Sharpton? Is this really the way you think? So black people should just keep their mouths shut so that they dont sound liek Al Sharpton to you? Could you be more iggnorent. This is not some dumb piece of trash black man you are talking about its a good man and a smart man, this guy was named one of the most influencel men in American in 1998 he is not some jerk like Sharpton who just wants to get his face on TV and you have no grounds to compeer him to such a person. He is not just trying to get his face on TV the way Sharpton done so hwo did you conect those dots? Unless you are saying any black man who speaks his mind is just a TV greedy jerk like Sharpton? Is that what you meant? I hope not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Raptor this guy has done abosolutly nothing for you to compear him to Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson and he has been teaching in his class room for years with out this kind of thing to motivate him so you are full of sh*t.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"Why is it that blacks never seem to understand that a) when a cop yells "stop", you stop, you don't continue running and b) you just don't give a cop a bunch of sh*t, when you're being questioned." - Uncleafie

So are you saying that only Black people do this? So dumb white people dont run from the cops? or run their mouths to the cops? Come spend a Friday night in Quincy Mass and see exactly how many white people do the exact same thing. So maybe we all need to learn such lessons and not just Black people. But hey you better get going to dont want to be late for your clan meeting....lol I am just kidding about that last part lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"He certainly seems like the kind of guy who would see racism in everything."

So clearly you know this guy? You must have drinks with him all the time right since you seem to know him so well right? You dont know what you are talking about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

jbolted . . . so it wrong for an individual, president or not, to have an option?

What you are seeing from Obama is not attention seeking but more so interest from the public about his opinions on a variety of topics. Which is what is expected from a president of an influential county. Doesnt take a genius to know or realize his influence globally.

BTW, you may want to look in a dictionary for the correct definition of classy. Nice try, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"The rest of you who would get sanctimonius about the way Obama ties his shoelaces should take a rest and actually listen to what people have to say instead of waiting for O'reilly or Limbaugh to shout their version back at you.  " - Zbel

You are the man! Spot on brother. Where are you when I need you on the other thread LoL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Antleite you are also the man! I agree 100% a bunch of followers they are.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jules why is his class a "BS class"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jbolt at least its nice to finally have a president who can speak in public and not be hiden away by his VP because he is a moron the way Bush was. Bush was only allowed to talk when his VP gave him permission to talk so maybe you are just not used to a president who has his own thoughts and voices them. But its cool if you want another moron who cant speak unless someone tells them what to say just vote for sarah Pailin in 4 years and you can get exactly that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]jbolted . . . so it wrong for an individual, president or not, to have an option? What you are seeing from Obama is not attention seeking but more so interest from the public about his opinions on a variety of topics. Which is what is expected from a president of an influential county. Doesnt take a genius to know or realize his influence globally. BTW, you may want to look in a dictionary for the correct definition of classy. Nice try, though.
    Part of being classy is using discretion, both verbally and in behavior. Classy women don't act like two bit whores, nor talk like drunken sailors.
    Clearly, this president lacks verbal discretion.

13. Possessing elegance, the attribute of being tastefully designed, decorated and maintaining refined grace and dignified propriety

14. Did President Obamas comments in relation to the CPD possess elegance while attributing being tastefully designed, decorated and maintaining refined grace and dignified propriety?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Sorry to keep this alive but,  there's one thing that's bothering me that I don't believe I've herd anyone talk about yet.

From what I understand to be the facts, is that a neighbor called the cops.  How the hell can a neighbor, in broad daylight in the middle of the day mistake you for a robber?

All my neighbors, some who I don't talk to, all know what I look like and would not mistake me for a robber.

I guess someone in his neighborhood doesn't like him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]Jbolt at least its nice to finally have a president who can speak in public and not be hiden away by his VP because he is a moron the way Bush was. Bush was only allowed to talk when his VP gave him permission to talk so maybe you are just not used to a president who has his own thoughts and voices them. But its cool if you want another moron who cant speak unless someone tells them what to say just vote for sarah Pailin in 4 years and you can get exactly that.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    I'm not saying he can't talk, that's all he does is talk.

more talk- http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/24/officer.gates.arrest/

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Jules why is his class a "BS class"?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

b/c by the sounds of things his course preaches some garbage about how America is still terribly racist against the black man.  Simple observation should tell you that's not the case.  Whether you're listening to Jesse Jackson, testimonials from CNN's abominable "Black in America" series, or just African American friends with similar stories, you have to remember that you're not exactly listening to an independent party.  I'm sure many African Americans are absolutely convinced that they're being targeted, but unjustified paranoia does not a racism problem make!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from travlinterry. Show travlinterry's posts

Obama regrets choice of words in scholar's arrest
    26 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Trying to tamp down an uproar over race, President Barack Obama said Friday he used an unfortunate choice of words in commenting on the arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and could have "calibrated those words differently."

The president said he had telephoned the white policeman who arrested Gates, and he said the conversation confirmed his belief that the officer was a good man and an outstanding officer.

Obama said later that he had spoken to Gates as well.

The president caused a stir when he said at a prime-time news conference earlier this week that Cambridge, Mass., police had "acted stupidly" by arresting Gates, a Harvard scholar and friend of the president's, for disorderly conduct.

On Friday, Obama made an impromptu appearance at the daily White House briefing in an effort to contain the controversy. He said he continued to believe that both the officer, Sgt. James Crowley, and Gates had overreacted during the incident, but the president also faulted his own comments.

"This has been ratcheting up, and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up," he said. "I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge police department and Sgt. Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

Seeking to lighten the situation further, he said he had invited both Crowley and Gates for "a beer here in the White House."

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : great point zbellino . . . conservative (or like minded) america, when simon (O'reilly or Limbaugh or conservative talk radio) says . . . jump , (conservative or like minded response) how high? when simon (O'reilly or Limbaugh or conservative talk radio) says . . . support anti-america antics, (conservative or like minded response) yes, whatever you say, your wish is my command! racism still exists believe it or not, conservative or like minded america or anyone for that matter, and your blatant resistance to the fact is why it will still continue to exist . . . The fact that this post somehow shows up in a sports thread says that conservative or like minded americans are seeking attention where ever they can get it, which is depressing to say the least. advice to the attention seeking conservatives  (reasonably thinking conservative need not apply). . . you do more harm than good by trying to spread your message beyond the conservative circles as you expose more of your irrational and idiotic ideology than intended. stay classy conservative or like minded americans . . . (or not)
    Posted by antleite[/QUOTE] anyone who comes here and posts are getting attention.your quote just got you some attention.but im sure you were seeking it.but anyways,yes this is a sports thread as it is stated on this post.most posts here turn into other debates anyways so whats the diffrence?its something to chat about until training camp begins in a few days.nobody is twisting anyones arm to read,and quote on any posts here.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

This sure seems to be a heated subject. Not actually being there, I don't know for sure exactly how all this went down. But one point was made that stated you should be cooperative and non threatening when dealing with police. That is a valid point whatever your skin color. I can personally testify that a cop will definitely give you a hard way to go if you fu*k with him regardless of race! I think in this instance they both lost their tempers and it got blown out of porportion. I can understand Gates being upset at being questioned at his own doorstep. But that does not give him the right to start spewing racist comments at the officer. Being a professor at Harvard one would think he'd have the intelligence to appraise the situation better. The officer (at least at first) seems to be only doing his job. When confronted by a litany of insults it's no wonder he himself became angry. That, IMO, was what brought on the arrest. Had Gates held his temper most likely the officer would have apologized after checking out his story. Too often some people take any slight as being "racially motivated". Certainly this professor, who is a supposed "expert" on the subject, should know better than to inflame a situation. Unless like some have suggested, he wanted to turn it into an issue for his own reasons. I think both parties overreacted, and the entire scene got out of control. Lucky this didn't happen in Los Angeles, where such actions (or reactions) can get you more than just arrested for DC, they can get you injured. As for the president commenting on it, I think he went a bit too far, also. The diplomatic thing to say would have been that he was not aware of all the facts, but hoped the situation was not motivated by race. And instead of calling the cops "stupid", he could have just said that profiling was a problem, and if that turned out to be the case here, the officer used bad judgement. To use the word stupid makes it seem like an insult, or bias towards the officer and/or police department. Thus his own comment could be construed by some as being "racially motivated" itself. One in such a position of authority needs to use more constraint and diplomacy, IMO. One thing is for sure, there are people on both sides of the race issue who are a bit too fanatical. Not every confrontation between men of different skin colors is a racial issue. But there is too much "playing the race card" going on. Just like there is too much profiling. A wise man needs to step back and better appraise the individual situation before making judgement. It seems here both parties got a little hot-headed and let the situation spiral out of control. Maybe the officer pushed it a bit by arresting the guy, but Gates should have handled it better in the first place. I have always held that when confronted by the cops it's best to just say "yes, sir" or "no, sir" and not inflame the incident. Losing one's temper usually only makes matters worse!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jules I would agree that there is not as much racism in this country now adays but there is still some. Half the kids I went to school with were racist, now maybe they wont start a KKK rally or say what they think to a black mans face but behind closed doors they were as racist as they come. And I think thats where we are at right now as a country I think there are a lot of behind closed doors racist. And even if its not as bad that does not mean that there shouldnt be classes still tought on what it was like to be a black man in American for the last 200+ years. I mean are we just sopossed to forget how black people have been treated in this country because all of a sudden we have a black president? Gates class is still a worth while class to take and teach, someone has to teach our history the good and the bad.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well . . . 

At the risk of overdosing on racism threads (yes, I'm talking to you MVP), it occurs to me that the thrust of this entire discussion -- and indeed, the apparent prevailing perception throughout society -- is that racism only travels in one direction.

As Willie Nelson might say, it ain't necessarily so.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pmike its not my fault! LOL do you think I really want to debate race? lol or religion? No I dont but its the only thing that sticks around. The only threads that keep on breathing in this none football time of year are the ones that have nothing to do with football! LoL If I start a thread right now asking a football question it wont spark a conversation it will get like 5 responses and then fall to teh bottom of the list. I egt bored at work so for now anyways debating these none football topics works for me. But trust me I would much rather debate football.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If I may respectfully comment on the multitude of non-football posts...
    We are all here because of football.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : FYI, You do realize that these forums are monitored, right.  You do know that you can't hide from those who need to find you, right.  You've just been turned in for your remarks regarding your Commander in Chief.  If you're military, I believe you may want to ask someone regarding those ramifications.  If you're not, I'll thank GOD before a lay down to rest this evening.  Good Luck to you explaining yourself to those who may question your words....
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, shutup

• You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

First of all, keep reading the Huffington post and all those other left wing sites to get your info! and yes racism is alive and well and 90% of it is alive because of jacknuts like this Professor. I guess in the end not everyone wants to actually compeat on an even playing field, Even one that gives one side more advantages. I'm sick of it and all cry@$$ing  that goes on.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Spell check    compete!