who is racist here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

who is racist here?

I know this has nothing to do with sports,but many threads here turn into politics anyways.i have to wonder why obama would say what he is saying here about the gates case,when he dosent know all the facts.the cops i feel were doing there jobs.neighbors were reporting a possible break-in.the cops responded,only to get an ear full of racial slurs,and the guy calling one of the cops mom,all sort of names.they took the guy to jail for disorderly conduct.now obama calls it a racial move,and wants the the cop to apologize.if it was me,i would get a lawer,for if this cop dosent apologize,obama could have a chat with the mayor,and have this cop,who did no wrong,fired.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32092715/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: who is racist here?

MVPkilla is not racist.

He hates everyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thanks Pmike you saved me the post lol

I dont know all the details but from what I have heard the cops were in the wrong and are now trying to cover themselves by saying it was on this guy. I find it hard to beleave that this Harvard professer would start swearing at the cops to the point that they arrested him. And wasnt he arrested for not showing his ID or something? I though he refused to show ID because it was his house and they arrested him. But I could be wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: who is racist here?:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Pmike you saved me the post lol I dont know all the details but from what I have heard the cops were in the wrong and are now trying to cover themselves by saying it was on this guy. I find it hard to beleave that this Harvard professer would start swearing at the cops to the point that they arrested him. And wasnt he arrested for not showing his ID or something? I though he refused to show ID because it was his house and they arrested him. But I could be wrong.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

The officer seems legit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The larger problem here is the President of these United States making inflammatory remarks about a situation about which he had not been fully apprised.

I guess P. Bo wants us all to know that he isn't fooled for one minute by his own election.

He knows we're all racists, just trying to keep a brother down.

a**hole.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

The President was asked a question in the press conference by Lynn Sweet from a Chicago news paper (Tribune I think).  He answered it.  No one has a problem with " officer I can prove this is my residence, here's my identification", Okay, your under arrest for "disorderly conduct"  (professing one's innocence to an officer of the law has NEVER equated to disorderly conduct. )  Regardless, a trip downtown for a citizen of this stature even AFTER it was proven that it was his residence.  Next time you get a ticket and the officer says you were speeding, and you protest " no I wasn't" , according to this clown your subject to arrest.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Pmike are you trying to say there arent racist people out there? And that the president who is in fact a black man shouldnt be allowed to comment on such things? Just cause he is the president doesnt mean he has to stop being a black man. Also he is friends with gates so he might have been speaking on a personal note such as " I cant see gates doing anything that would warrant an arrest" which is not anything I wouldnt if one of my friends who was a good person got arrested so why is it such a big deal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

No.

I'm not saying racism doesn't exist.

I'm saying exacerbating a problem that was magnified by the arrogance of the "victim" by labelling it "racial profiling" is not the smartest thing the most highly visible man on the planet could be doing with his time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Killa,
    You're 100% correct.  I saw the entire exchange.  He clearly stated that he didn't have all the facts but IF things went down as they've been portrayed, then the Cambridge Police acted "stupidly"...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I feel obama-should have stayed out of it.how often do you ever hear a president sticking his nose in an affair of a city crime that was called in by neighbors.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]No. I'm not saying racism doesn't exist. I'm saying exacerbating a problem that was magnified by the arrogance of the "victim" by labelling it "racial profiling" is not the smartest thing the most highly visible man on the planet could be doing with his time.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    You do realize that this was the LAST question posed to him at a MAJOR news conference.  Perhaps you SHOULD be asking why in the world the journalist would present that topic @ a news conference about HEALTHCARE REFORM...

Another thing, you may want to bone up on the individual you are calling arrogant.  Understand his credentials and what he's focused his entire adult life doing and perhaps you'd gain a "smidge" of insight...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]I feel obama-should have stayed out of it.how often do you ever hear a president sticking his nose in an affair of a city crime that was called in by neighbors.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I wish the question wasn't presented to him.  I believe he only responded because he knows the individual.  I also believe that if he had a "do over" he'd adhere to your view and deferred his response to another forum.  BTW,  the neighbor called in a burgulary bly "two black men wearing backpacks doing something @ the FRONT door...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea this professer has spent his entire career on such subjects of racial profiling so he might know a little something about it. Also Obama didnt go out of his way to bring this up he was asked a question and he answered it. And he knows the man so its not like he stuck his nose where it didnt belong he was asked a question about a frine dof his and he said that if what he had heard was right then the police acted badly. Obama did nothign wrong here. If anything the reporter who asked teh question was wasting our time not Obama.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What is interesting is that there were 2 other officers at the scene.  One was black and one was hispanic.  The white officer had been teaching "how not to do racial profiling" in the force for 10 years.  He worked for a black officer.  Regardless of whether or not the initial incident was justified, once his identity was established as the rightful owner of the house it should have ended.  The officer should have understood how someone could be upset at what just happened and just took the verbal abuse and rants in stride.  The professor just got back from a long flight, was tired, and was questioned by police for trying to break into his own home.  You can argue that the professor could have demonstrated more composure towards officers that might have been simply doing their job.  I just think that those in public service have the greater obligation to "be the bigger man".  They should have taken the verbal abuse and just moved on.

As for our Prez, well I haven't been happy in years on that side.  I'm a moderate and independent.  I've voted republican one more time than democrat.  I long for a moderate, centrist President.  I do not believe Obama gave a proper answer.  He could have given an answer along the lines of "I don't have all of the facts... racial profiling has been a problem in the US and I hope that wasn't the case here...  It sounds like an unreasonable arrest but I would caution that I do not know all of the facts, I wasn't there..."  My advice to the officer: if you want to get a diplomatic response from the Prez you need to become a dictator of some country that shouts "Death to America".  Being a public servant who probably otherwise has a great record of service does not protect you against a very public presidential slam.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : I wish the question wasn't presented to him.  I believe he only responded because he knows the individual.  I also believe that if he had a "do over" he'd adhere to your view and deferred his response to another forum.  BTW,  the neighbor called in a burgulary bly "two black men wearing backpacks doing something @ the FRONT door...
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE] yes you are right about the question being brought up to him.it should have never happened.yes i can see he didnt stick his nose into it,but his anwsers to the questions are not very president like.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32093508/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Oh swell . . .

Just what I need, a lecture on insight from a newbie blowhard.

I can read English, deuschebag, and I don't care a whit for his "credentials." If you or I got short with the cops we could expect exactly what this jackleg got, and the fact that he is ensconced at Hahvahd cuts exactly zero ice with me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]Oh swell . . . Just what I need, a lecture on insight from a newbie blowhard. I can read English, deuschebag, and I don't care a whit for his "credentials." If you or I got short with the cops we could expect exactly what this jackleg got, and the fact that he is ensconced at Hahvahd cuts exactly zero ice with me.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Your crass use of such derogatory terms belies you ability to properly articulate you point of view and that's okay.  K5 begins anew in a few weeks in most states, perhaps you could re-enroll and try that edumacation thing "onemogin"...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : Sorry dude, but everyting i have seen has suggested the only racial SOB here was the "Professer". He studies African american relations there. IE poor black people are always being put down! This Officer responded to a possible break in and he is verbaly assaulted with racial slurs himself! All the professor had to do was show ID and that would have ended it. Why doesn't someone ask the Big Black Officer in the photo to speak up on what he said. This is why I did not go into law enforcement after the Military because I probably would have punched that sorry you know what in his head. I bet he has been waiting for a runin with the Bad whitey cops so he could cash in on it. Im sick of all this stuff (had to change last word) from Americans who or not white crying about how America is so mean to them and keeps them down! Does not sit well now with the President of the United states being African American or just  plain african, jury is still out whether this left wing liberal nut job is even an American! And Obamination should have keep his mouth shut not knowing all the facts, again the word AMATEUR comes to mind watching this moron run our country into the ground! Too the Cambridge Officer, never ever opologize, even though your wussy department dropped the charges making you look guilty. Stay strong!!!!!!!! Because this is a sports site, Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

FYI, You do realize that these forums are monitored, right.  You do know that you can't hide from those who need to find you, right.  You've just been turned in for your remarks regarding your Commander in Chief.  If you're military, I believe you may want to ask someone regarding those ramifications.  If you're not, I'll thank GOD before a lay down to rest this evening.  Good Luck to you explaining yourself to those who may question your words....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

So they have "cabin fever" to describe folks feeling contained in their home, they have "island fever" to describe folks living on an island who just have to get away.  I think we need to come up with a name for fans towards the end of the offseason.  We've all gone mad.  The season needs to start soon before we all lose it and start hating each other, our families, the guy who delivers your water, and even your pets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

[QUOTE]So they have "cabin fever" to describe folks feeling contained in their home, they have "island fever" to describe folks living on an island who just have to get away.  I think we need to come up with a name for fans towards the end of the offseason.  We've all gone mad.  The season need to start soon before we all lose it and start hating each other, our families, the guy who delivers your water, and even your pets.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    September can't come soon enough.  Then most of us will unite for the greater good that is "PATRIOT FOOTBALL".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Once upon a time, I got stopped for speeding. The officer accused me of speeding. I replied..."Of course I was speeding. I was passing a truck and I had to speed so as not to get squashed." He told me to "watch myself" and let me go. I've had other traffic incidents with police where I used sarcasm or what I perceive as humor. I've only been ticketed once ( in Kansas ). I assume I wouldn't have been so mouthy and fortunate if I were black.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]The larger problem here is the President of these United States making inflammatory remarks about a situation about which he had not been fully apprised. Posted by prairiemike

Spot on again prairiemike! Not the right question nor the time. Healthcare dummy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is racist here? : FYI, You do realize that these forums are monitored, right.  You do know that you can't hide from those who need to find you, right.  You've just been turned in for your remarks regarding your Commander in Chief.  If you're military, I believe you may want to ask someone regarding those ramifications.  If you're not, I'll thank GOD before a lay down to rest this evening.  Good Luck to you explaining yourself to those who may question your words....
    Posted by theplaintruth[/QUOTE] nothing like freedom of speech.or at least it use to be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to who is racist here?:
    [QUOTE]I know this has nothing to do with sports,but many threads here turn into politics anyways.i have to wonder why obama would say what he is saying here about the gates case,when he dosent know all the facts.the cops i feel were doing there jobs.neighbors were reporting a possible break-in.the cops responded,only to get an ear full of racial slurs,and the guy calling one of the cops mom,all sort of names.they took the guy to jail for disorderly conduct.now obama calls it a racial move,and wants the the cop to apologize.if it was me,i would get a lawer,for if this cop dosent apologize,obama could have a chat with the mayor,and have this cop,who did no wrong,fired. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32092715/ns/us_news-race_and_ethnicity/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Sorry to burst your bubble but I know people who have had dealings with the cop involed. The guy's one of the biggest azholes in the Cambridge police department.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to who is racist here? : Sorry to burst your bubble but I know people who have had dealings with the cop involed. The guy's one of the biggest azholes in the Cambridge police department.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE] this could be very true.i dont know.but in this case,was he in the wrong?there were two other cops there.one being a black cop.i would think if one of the other cops spoke up,it would shed more light on this.