Who is responsible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Who is responsible?

There are many of those that could be held responsible.  How do you pinpoint the blame for such a complex thing?  The Jets finished 2012 with a DL twenty something in total rushing yards allowed, twenty something in yards per attempt allowed, twenty something in sacks, twenty something in TFAL, and I would speculate, the most 20+ yard runs in the NFL.  After losing their defensive coordinator, moving a bust DE to LB, starting a 3rd round pick at the other another LB, moving the hugely overrated Wilkerson around to the opponents weakest postioning to hide his lack of skills, drafting a bust in Richardson who didn't have the motor or skillset to play in the NFL, and starting an UDFA at NT the Jets have five new starters of the 7 DL/LB corps and are leading the NFL  by a HUGE MARGIN in rushing yards allowed per attempt and are top 5 in virtually EVERY OTHER CATEGORY one may want to rate a DL on.  It's just amazing.  But who is to blame?  Is Wilkerson that great?  Was Richardson the best pick in the draft?  When Rex said last year that he planned on making Coples a LB, was he just smarter than eveyone else?  Is Rex such that much of a  defensive genius?  Who is responsible for this rapid turnaround?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Who is responsible?

The Jets spend every high draft pick on defense. Brilliant team building strategy. Only problem is the offense stinks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You are on the wrong team board, make a wrong turn somewhere?  Bring it to the attention of Jets fans who can agree with you or disagree. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know, I lose a lot of sleep wondering just how the Jets put mediocrity together year in and year out.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

lets see if we can do this... after this post.. NOONE RESPOND AT ALL. ABANDON THREAD

obviously meadowmike discounted but lets try it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Jets spend every high draft pick on defense. Brilliant team building strategy. Only problem is the offense stinks

[/QUOTE]

Oh, good point.  I didn't think about that.   You're absolutely right.  Since 2010, the Jets have drafted a defensive player a whopping 58% of the time in the first 3 rounds.  For comparrison sakes, a team not focused on defense, say the New England Patriots, only drafted 61% defensive players from all their first three round picks.

Of course, the numbers get even more outrageous when you just use the first two rounds, where the Jets have used over 62% of their picks for defensive players while the Patriots have virtually ignored their defense using only 66% of their top two rounds on defensive players. 

Thanks for pointing that out.  This board needs more fact hawks like yourself. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggerjoe. Show wiggerjoe's posts

Whitey doestnt like facks, whitey likes meth and big butts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know, I lose a lot of sleep wondering just how the Jets put mediocrity together year in and year out.  

[/QUOTE]

LOL the march to mediocrity is on... again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL the march to mediocrity is on... again.

[/QUOTE]

Any special reason you're bumping this troll thread? Knock it off.