Who is your favorite rb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Who is your favorite rb

I watched the nfl channel's documentary on walter payton, "sweetness", tonight and i really admired how complete a player he was. Setting aside his rushing ability (most yards ever when he retired), he was a terrific blocker, receiver, and even was a threat as a passer with 8 throwing tds. i think this would be the guy of all rbs that i would want in the backfield for the pats.
    is this the guy you would all want above all others?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Who is your favorite rb

I would say Sanders in terms of those I have seen play.  Jim Brown would also be high on my list based on stats and legend. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He played for a weak team with an even weaker OL and he still averaged 5.0 YPC. 

Barry Sanders

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

It is hard to argue against Payton, but the one I'd want most on the Pats would be Emmit Smith. The one I most enjoyed watching was O.J., he was like a gazelle with shoulder pads.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would have to say Sanders as well. He was incredible.

As for my favorite running back currently in the NFL... I loved Chris Johnson even before he was drafted, but now he's turning into a greedy punk. I'd probably go with Maurice Jones-Drew as my current favorite. He's so small but so powerful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your favorite rb:
    In Response to Re: Who is your favorite rb : We just said the exact same thing about Jones-Drew.  The thing with him, too, is his body style will allow him to take a lot of miles. Small center of gravity so he can absorb hits easier. These runners like Maroney, Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, etc, are great in the open field, but take a lot of punishment trying to get through the line. I knew Bush would never be an every down back in the league. This is why Mark Ingram is going to be a great, great pro.
    Posted by russgriswold

Yeah, he just bounces off would be tacklers and keeps moving. I would love him in a Pats uni.

Agreed on runners like Bush. They can be good for a certain amount of time but the hits really add up on them. I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Johnson starts to really drop off in a few years. He's extremely quick and isn't a big guy, so I think once he plays for a few seasons his speed will drop off and he'll really decline. I think Jones-Drew will have a long career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If we set aside for the moment that he is very likely a bloodthirsty killer, I would say that O.J. Simpson was the most gifted running back I've ever seen.

As to my favorite . . .

Who remembers Andy Johnson?